Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Rewards are nowhere near IoT.
    What did IoT reward? Broken shore does have about 10 toys and 1 pet.

Daily quest hub and snoozefest and synonym.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are working mostly on another expansion rather than putting much effort in the last tier.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    For some reason I don't remember the rewards we got there. Refresh my memory?

- - - Updated - - -

They say hope dies last lol
    No Toy/pet drops. No minigames (trove), no achievement title, no rare drops like the tome for warlocks, nothing like the special BS recipes or troll transmogs that were removed from game.

Some things were moved into different stuff like mount quest, but they killed the farm for fun aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Yeah maybe - but doesn't that in turn mean that Blizzard is only capable of releasing meaningful content every 12-14 months, just like it's been so far in the droughts between expacs. Kinda sucks if that's the case like you're implying.
    Well, they have shown they are competent enough to make good content, but the grind in this xp has also shown they are afraid of the speed we consume it so they add silly timesinks and timegating like the 11 week quests to simply unlock class mounts. I am staying hopeful but cautious

yeah, sure. that's exactly why.

don't get too attached to that optimism, i don't think it's very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What did IoT reward? Broken shore does have about 10 toys and 1 pet.
    Those are all by vendor. 10 toys? The vendor has like 2 and the pet is a paragon chance.

"No Toy/pet drops. No minigames (trove), no achievement title, no rare drops like the tome for warlocks, nothing like the special BS recipes or troll transmogs that were removed from game. "

I'm sure there is stuff i'm forgetting. There may not have been toy drops actually, that may be from quests. Been a while.

My point being - I want the farm for fun aspect to come back.

No Toy/pet drops. No minigames (trove), no achievement title, no rare drops like the tome for warlocks, nothing like the special BS recipes or troll transmogs that were removed from game.

Some things were moved into different stuff like mount quest, but they killed the farm for fun aspect.
    Well, on the other hand you have spec based challenges for artifact skins, class mounts and there are toys you can buy for Nethershards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, sure. that's exactly why.

don't get too attached to that optimism, i don't think it's very safe.
    Oh, you don't know me

Well, on the other hand you have spec based challenges for artifact skins, class mounts and there are toys you can buy for Nethershards.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you don't know me
    Aye that's what i mean when i say they moved some stuff into other categories.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Is because you are a casual. The broken shore has been the single best catch up the game has ever seen. The nether disruptor portals alone have significantly sped up the Legendary process by a mile.
    Calls someone else a casual, praises a catch up mechanic (something a non-casual player would have no use for). Standard MMO-C logic.

Shouldn't 7.3 ptr be up soon? Should provide a glimpse into what it may look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Calls someone else a casual, praises a catch up mechanic (something a non-casual player would have no use for). Standard MMO-C logic.
    Yeah, but not what we are discussing atm

Those are all by vendor. 10 toys? The vendor has like 2 and the pet is a paragon chance.

"No Toy/pet drops. No minigames (trove), no achievement title, no rare drops like the tome for warlocks, nothing like the special BS recipes or troll transmogs that were removed from game. "

I'm sure there is stuff i'm forgetting. There may not have been toy drops actually, that may be from quests. Been a while.

My point being - I want the farm for fun aspect to come back.
    Claiming "it's on a vendor" doesn't mean it's not a reward. Nethershards drop from mobs just like half of the things you claimed did.

Minigame was not a reward, it was content.

So that pretty much leads back to.... what now? There's legendary patterns so that takes out the BS recipes.

Also, are people this dumb about the treasure room on BS? There's a few toys from only the chests and the vendor has some. I was also liberal with the word "toy" as I meant reusable items including things flagged as toys".

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Claiming "it's on a vendor" doesn't mean it's not a reward. Nethershards drop from mobs just like half of the things you claimed did.

Minigame was not a reward, it was content.

So that pretty much leads back to.... what now? There's legendary patterns so that takes out the BS recipes.
    Yeah you are right i should clarify. I should have said, "The manner in which you obtain rewards is nowhere near IoT."

They removed the farm for stuff and put it into farm for currency. Not a fan.

There is still less rewards as well with over less to do.

Isle, Timeless, and Tanaan all had multiple ways to obtain rewards, drops or currency. Broken shore removed drops and then gave less rewards over all.

Content that you can do freely IS a reward. (from blizzard lately at least.)
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-06-07 at 09:56 PM.

Yeah you are right i should clarify. I should have said, "The manner in which you obtain rewards is nowhere near IoT."

They removed the farm for stuff and put it into farm for currency. Not a fan.

There is still less rewards as well with over less to do.

Isle, Timeless, and Tanaan all had multiple ways to obtain rewards, drops or currency. Broken shore removed drops and then gave less rewards over all.
    And the zones were prettier, true, but don't think Shore was ever intended to be like them. It just turned out that way.

Oh, and this thread really lost it's way, hasn't it lol

Reasons for snoozefestiveness:

-The island itself has little if any variety to it, uninteresting vendors, an entire section (Legionfall command or whatever) that at this point is completely non-interactive. TJ and IoT both had more to offer.

-some of the quests are mildly entertaining (riding the barrels around), but most are standard fare.

-mob tagging is and was probematic around the Sentinax, to the point where it felt that many players quickly stopped bothering with the ship entirely, especially after some nerfs came in.

-hidden chests and a gambling key vendor are just adaptations from TI. Not bad on the surface, but no real neat alteration or anything.

-Class hall campaign here was absolutely dreadful, with some of the most blatant "jump through arbitrary hoops" objectives seen in the game since the fabled bear ass collection.

It's not all bad of course... tower building wasn't a bad idea, the dungeon is decent, and world bosses, when they're up, are a nice perk for that week as well. The island just isn't up to par with the rest of the expansion at this point. Maybe more gets unlocked with ToS opening up.

And the zones were prettier, true, but don't think Shore was ever intended to be like them. It just turned out that way.

Oh, and this thread really lost it's way, hasn't it lol
    Yeah it's a different beast over all, which *back on topic* is because they are hopefully trying to make Argus as great as possible and mix all the good aspects together!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    ...is cuz they are focusing on making Argus as awesome as possible?
    Sure. Just like every pitfall MoP had was because they were making WoD that much better! And all the pitfalls with WoD were because they were trying to make Legion the best! /s
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Sure. Just like every pitfall MoP had was because they were making WoD that much better! And all the pitfalls with WoD were because they were trying to make Legion the best! /s
    Well, MoP was, quite honestly, a good expansion. It was, in my opinion, a breath of fresh air we needed and I am hoping to another break expansion after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Which MoP pitfalls? The long siege patch? I don't remember there being many problems. Maybe people complaining about too many dailies at launch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Which MoP pitfalls? The long siege patch? I don't remember there being many problems. Maybe people complaining about too many dailies at launch?
    Better than the nothingness of Cataclysm and WoD i might say, going back on expansion i did play at the original level, Mist being the one i enjoyed the most outside of TI that was terrible.