Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If I can get loot faster than someone doing the story by paying then yes I can get loot faster.

And I agree. You don't have to buy anything. But you can and progress quicker by paying. Luckily the game seems to be generous with it's story mode so it tries to avoid people spending which I respect.

If the story is spitting out loot at you and able to get you through the story then fine. But don't pretend people can't get it quicker from opening their wallets.

As I said what puts me off is the model switching. F2P means they can possibly do some weird stuff in terms of microtransactions. But we shall see a year down the road.
    Loot is not the bottleneck in progression. Progression is based around completing missions which most are "hold out for 5 minutes" and won't actually go faster because you have better gear. You get enough gear from the story to progress the story at the same pace as someone who spend $$$ on lamas. There's no point in buying lamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Not really, I think Duncan's channel is the only one that has any minecraft being posted on it. They tend to do a mixture of random games plus GTAIV and Garry's Mod: Trouble in Terrorist Town.
    Ah, so they fell into lp meme hell like Rooster Teeth and Funhaus then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else playing this on PS4 feel free to add me. We're usually short a 4th player.

PSN:Bradskee
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It does, The game drops a insane amount of loot. That is why its 100% pointless to spend any RL money on the game outside of the access price. You don't progress faster by spending RL money because you still have equal chance of rolling junk.

But hey if someone wants to drop $2000+ for junk in a PVE game that they could make in 30mins of playing, by all means go for it.

If they nerf the amount of loot the game gives and keep the cash shop, Then by all means I recommend everyone to get pissed.
    Not completely accurate. Early game you can progress hard by the collection book and by doing red missions. The collection book in particular gives huge dividends for meaningfully progressing your character. Mind, the collection book has a harsh drop off point because you can quite swiftly fill up all the more common slots, and after you get into the second zone the xp benefits of higher level areas drops off. The collection book is aldo going to be filled in by regular play.

So I ultimately find it so amusing that there are people saying it's pay to win. It's more..... Pay to progress at an accelerated rate for the first 15-20 levels, and then everyone else catches up as the hard limits of research and skill points kick in. You can argue that the loot pinatas give more flexibility, letting one go down more weapon paths and not being as harshly punished for picking up and investing in a weapon that turns up subpar, but if anything investing in flexibility and freedom of choices is a good outcome of a paid model

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not completely accurate. Early game you can progress hard by the collection book and by doing red missions. The collection book in particular gives huge dividends for meaningfully progressing your character. Mind, the collection book has a harsh drop off point because you can quite swiftly fill up all the more common slots, and after you get into the second zone the xp benefits of higher level areas drops off. The collection book is aldo going to be filled in by regular play.

So I ultimately find it so amusing that there are people saying it's pay to win. It's more..... Pay to progress at an accelerated rate for the first 15-20 levels, and then everyone else catches up as the hard limits of research and skill points kick in. You can argue that the loot pinatas give more flexibility, letting one go down more weapon paths and not being as harshly punished for picking up and investing in a weapon that turns up subpar, but if anything investing in flexibility and freedom of choices is a good outcome of a paid model
    Oh god yeah it's not pay to win at all. Would never make that claim.

I 100% agree and I admit I mite have been slightly wrong in what I was saying early'er, I blame lack of sleep (2hrs or so LOL). But ya the game is far from p2w and like you said its more pay to progress (early game) really.

I do hope they add more to the game because the gameplay gets repetitive really really fast. Like add real bosses or something.

Personally I got no issue with its model as long as rewards ingame come at a decent rate. But that is just how I feel about it and its totally fine if others disagree.

Also I find it assuming people are pissy that they are charging $40 now and going f2p next year. I think its great they let everyone know up-fount its going f2p next year. A vast majority of games don't say anything, charge you $60 then go f2p a year later. At lease they are like (Hey you can play in a year for free if you want or drop $40 now).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-26 at 09:57 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I 100% agree and I admit I mite have been slightly wrong in what I was saying early'er, I blame lack of sleep (2hrs or so LOL). But ya the game is far from p2w and like you said its more pay to progress (early game) really.

I do hope they add more to the game because the gameplay gets repetitive really really fast. Like add real bosses or something.

Personally I got no issue with its model as long as rewards ingame come at a decent rate. But that is just how I feel about it and its totally fine if others disagree.

Also I find it assuming people are pissy that they are charging $40 now and going f2p next year. I think its great they let everyone know up-fount its going f2p next year. A vast majority of games don't say anything, charge you $60 then go f2p a year later. At lease they are like (Hey you can play in a year for free if you want or drop $40 now).
    Ya, in its current state I don't see this as something I'd get in long term. I don't doubt that I'll make it to 1 hour of enjoyable gameplay per dollar spent, but it feels like it will get to the borderlands 2 taper point where it will eventually turn into the exact same situation again and again but the enemy has bigger numbers meaning that I need to get bigger numbers to smack at their numbers. Seems like a fun way to pass the time before destiny 2, though.

Ya, in its current state I don't see this as something I'd get in long term. I don't doubt that I'll make it to 1 hour of enjoyable gameplay per dollar spent, but it feels like it will get to the borderlands 2 taper point where it will eventually turn into the exact same situation again and again but the enemy has bigger numbers meaning that I need to get bigger numbers to smack at their numbers. Seems like a fun way to pass the time before destiny 2, though.
    100% agree. I'm getting Portal Knight today so that and this will eat up a decent amount of my time until at lease next month when I can get Mario Xcom
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It reminds me of Torchlight in style and a mix of Borderlands, Minecraft and such to make gameplay.
    Not my thing really, it reminds me of everything else to make me enjoy it...

Interesting though.

Been playing it with friends for 2 days, and it's actually a real blast !

Not cross platform and no couch co-op? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Hey, this game looks kinda fun! And I am loving the art style too.

I managed to get a few hours hands on with this and my initial impressions feels like they took the little known but well loved 360 zombies ate my neighbours clone 'Monster Madness, battle for suburbia' and added Fallout 4's settlement crafting to it. It feels like both games elements smashed together.

I'd have to see more of it to see how it progresses and whats meant to keep you playing in the longrun but it did not just feel like another survival clone. Mostly because things start when YOU the player decides. A big detriment to lots of survival games is living by the games clock if that makes sense. This allows for a more thoughtful experience that benefits teamwork and so far everyone i've seen in the chat has actually been polite and very helpful which is a surprise to say the least.

Dont know if i'd recommend it yet but i'm more interested than when i knew it was just 'a survival game with zombies'

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Hey, this game looks kinda fun! And I am loving the art style too.
    Yea me too, it reminds me of the stylized models of Team Fortress 2 (mixed with APB:Reloaded / GTA ).

Not completely accurate. Early game you can progress hard by the collection book and by doing red missions.
    you mean being one of those level 12s in a level 34 mission? getting 1 hit killed and taking 4 mags to kill one 'fat' zombie?

I fail to understand what they get from it? The loot from chests aren't great. supposing you find a chest with an epic/legendary gun, they spawn with 20% durability and have no secondary attributes. Even if they find an amazing gun, their character's power level is still very low.

I got it cheap due to being a founder/tester. got a spare copy going if anyone fancies it.

I love it, great game. quite grindy, but I am fine with pay to progress. I got money. I don't have time.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I got it cheap due to being a founder/tester. got a spare copy going if anyone fancies it.

I love it, great game. quite grindy, but I am fine with pay to progress. I got money. I don't have time.
    I'll happily take you up on that unless some one beat me to it

I really want to get the game but i'm worried it's just going to be repetitive grind because i have heard the gameplay is exactly the same at 2 hours in as it is 40 hours in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit dude this game is whale hunting taken to the extreme.

If you are a whale who buys the $150 version of the game, there is ANOTHER hidden version of the game on top of that for another $100 that only appears after you pay $150.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentModernJuiceDatBoi

This guy was loving the game and hyping it up, so he bought the most expensive edition of the game to support the devs... After he bought it they hit him with a "pay $100 to upgrade your $150 super special edition to the super duper extra super special edition!"

Fucking scumbag company fuck this game.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Fucking scumbag company fuck this game.
    Yeah I have been reading about the rabbit hole on Ars. Free to play needs to die imo, this did look quite appealing at first.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.