Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    what did they do? they sang? they laugh?
    They carried on their warm up.

Compare that to the response of England fans in their game versus France, shortly after the Paris attacks...

Fucking dicks.

Low as fuck seeing as it's about respect for the victims who died.

I would like to hear the Saudi side of the story, I can't see them not giving a moment of silence.

Yeah, I guess it is what it looks like the #7 guy on the Saudi team did stand for a moment of silence but it looks like he was the only one. Not sure why the Saudis would be disrespectful.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-06-08 at 08:38 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Where was that picture taken? The score board doesnt look as if Saudi Arabia is playing.
    Alright I'll link the original article: https://www.theguardian.com/football...attack-victims It was availabile on Mirror too. Al-Ahli Saudi arabia took part in minutes silence in the vs Barcelona game. You don't see any disrespect there and they have pretty close to 100% Saudi Arabian team members here. The other examples were indeed from other countries, but they are Gulf countries as well whom share common culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I personally don't see anything wrong with this considering that a minute silence stems from paganism.
    That's because you are a shit person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would like to hear the Saudi side of the story, I can't see them not giving a moment of silence.

Yeah, I guess it is what it looks like the #7 guy on the Saudi team did stand for a moment of silence but it looks like he was the only one. Not sure why the Saudis would be disrespectful.
    Likely because if they stood for London, they would also have to do the same for Iran which just had their Parliament bombed and they don't particularly care for Iran.
    Do not lead me into temptation... I know the shortcuts. Follow Me!

I personally don't see anything wrong with this considering that a minute silence stems from paganism.
    So does Christmas.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Alright I'll link the original article: https://www.theguardian.com/football...attack-victims It was availabile on Mirror too. Al-Ahli Saudi arabia took part in minutes silence in the vs Barcelona game. You don't see any disrespect there and they have pretty close to 100% Saudi Arabian team members here. The other examples were indeed from other countries, but they are Gulf countries as well whom share common culture.
    Common culture doesnt mean squat. If the Saudi team and officials say it is not a thing they do, that is one thing. So to me it doesnt matter if UAE has a moment of silence. Thats why I asked about the picture. However in the link you provided it seems they have, at one point, held a moment of silence. So they are caught in their own lie.

Side question, does moment of silence, mean you must stand still and act focused on tribute?

"It's not a part of our culture"
    I could only wish that they would not be a part of our culture as well.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They carried on their warm up.

Compare that to the response of England fans in their game versus France, shortly after the Paris attacks...

They don't give a flying crap about you or your losses just like you don't give a flying crap about theirs.

This behavior is not normal, but I call it even ultimately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Side question, does moment of silence, mean you must stand still and act focused on tribute?
    Traditionally in football they stand around/in the centre circle, and yes, stand still in silence for a minute, with the ref blowing the whistle to mark the beginning and end.

Yes, the intent is to take a minute to show respect for the people that died and solidarity with those affected most by those deaths. By engaging in other activities you are not honouring that tradition.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You do not deserve and therefore can't expect the respect and sympathy you didn't show. I am not sure which country this is, but they for sure do not have love for Australia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They don't give a flying crap about you or your losses just like you don't give a flying crap about theirs.

This behavior is not normal, but I call it even ultimately.
    The silence was to mark the deaths of two Australian nationals in a game against Australia, held in Australia. It is only a minute, not exactly a hardship.

Traditionally in football they stand around/in the centre circle, and yes, stand still in silence for a minute, with the ref blowing the whistle to mark the beginning and end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Yes, the intent is to take a minute to show respect for the people that died and solidarity with those affected most by those deaths. By engaging in other activities you are not honouring that tradition.
    I know what the intent is, but who says we have the same way of showing respect? What if I stand there and think about shit I have to pick up at the store on the way home, wouldnt that be the same as wandering around?

The silence was to mark the deaths of two Australian nationals in a game against Australia, held in Australia. It is only a minute, not exactly a hardship.
    It's a protest, if you still haven't noticed. And this is not about "culture", that's an excuse.

I know what the intent is, but who says we have the same way of showing respect? What if I stand there and think about shit I have to pick up at the store on the way home, wouldnt that be the same as wandering around?
    Deeds mean more than words. If you cannot show respect by standing still (since no one can expect more) then you are rude.

It's a protest, if you still haven't noticed. And this is not about "culture", that's an excuse.
    Then I can see next team to play this disrespectful team to also "protest" and not play with them.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I think they were well aware that they were gonna offend alot of people by doing so and did it anyway, this tradition is a well known move to respect and show solidarity with victims of disasters.

It doesnt matter if you're a muslimsor a christian or an atheist. Heck even we in Iran do this. as was done yesterday night for the parliament attack.

"Its not part of our culture" sounds like a lame excuse considering that its a well-established global norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody would give a shit what you are thinking about, all you would have to do is stand there for a minute and not say anything.

It is almost certainly a protest, just like when the Turkish fans jeered in respect of the Paris attacks.