Payday 2 is giving away 5 million free copies on Steam

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...opies-on-steam

Payday 2 developer Overkill is giving away 5 million copies of its cooperative heist game on Steam.

There's no catch. Simply log into Steam, click the "install" button, and it's yours forever.

Even better, the game's upcoming VR support will be free to anyone who owns Payday 2. So snag the game now and you'll be able to try it in VR at no additional cost.

This offer will expire once 5m people have claimed it or 21st June - whichever comes first.

So why is Overkill doing this? The answer is because it will soon be releasing the Payday 2 Ultimate Edition, which will include all 48 pieces of paid DLC that have been added to the game since its 2013 launch. Until then, all of the game's DLC has been taken off the market.

The exact pricing for the impending Payday 2 Ultimate Edition is still to be determined. It will be $45 to those who are buying it from scratch, but discounts will be available to those who have already purchased some premium content. The exact pricing breakdown will be confirmed when the Ultimate Edition launches in the near future.

Eurogamer contributor Dan Whitehead praised Payday 2 upon its initial launch and the game has only expanded since then.
    Claimed my copy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's been on sale so often that they're not even making money off the base game anyway, so it might as well be free. The ginormous library of DLCs is where the dosh is for them.

I enjoyed this game a lot for the first year, but it's become hilarious to me how much they're milking this game with the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I enjoyed this game a lot for the first year, but it's become hilarious to me how much they're milking this game with the DLC.
    There is a new company that has taken it over (after all the DLC releases and p2w bullshit). So this may be there way to try to make a profit from it.

Whatever gets a Payday 3 made, I personally enjoy the games.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-08 at 09:52 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thanks for heads up, claimed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thanks for heads up, claimed it.
    Np at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Whatever gets a Payday 3 made, I personally enjoy the games.
    I enjoy the games.... *but* ... its similar to raiding... both in the pros and cons...

You usually/often need to know the correct moves in advance, and then dance to them... which makes it frustrating to learn as a new player, and frustrating to play with new players.

That and the DLC is crazy... I'd rather purchase substantial DLC's with several pieces of content than be paying $5 to unlock a new type of knife and shotgun.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    48 pieces of DLC.

And companies wonder why people buy their games through cheap websites.

Deleted
    This game is actually really good and fun. I do recommend it to anyone, but holy fucking hell they have added a shit ton of DLC. Quit because of it really don't like weapon DLCs and the map packs where sometimes lackluster.

Think they changed the company or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Think they changed the company or something?
    Yes a new company owns the game fully and its why the P2W bullshit was removed.

Seems they will be releasing a bundle later that sells the game and all the DLC. Likely $40-$60 price tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I don't know much about the game but are they milking it or is continuous development. Theres differences. Its cheaper to addon to an existing game than it is to come out with a brand new one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

free game is free game,.
    and drops cards too. all good - it'd be rude not to get it.

Thank you, would have missed it otherwise.

Doing Gaben's work, friend. Gaben bless you.

Are there still 5 million people that don't own this game by now? It's on sale all the time!