Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question Dating profile turnoffs

I'm curious to see what turns people off in dating profiles.

Here's my list:
    1. Someone who makes less than $50,000 a year while also requiring that the other person makes $75,000+ or $100,000+.
    2. People who feel the need to state that they "don't play games".
    3. People who only post pictures of themselves with other people. One, it's annoying to have to play a guessing game/process of elimination to tell which one they are. Two, it's a sign of insecurity.
    4. People who post 20+ pics of themselves. We get it, they're in love with themselves.
    5. People who make a duckface in their pic. I can't believe people still exist who think this is actually attractive.
    7. People who give the finger in their pics. Classy.

"My name is ___ and I could probably kick your ass"

Like...ok? The hell kind of opener is that.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    3D alone is enough to lose all interest.

This oughta sum it up for me:

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been on one for a while but I remember a few things.

1: A long list of things they're not interested in or looking for.... Is your other list shorter? Can I read that one instead?
    2. "Don't know what I'm doing here" or "Don't know what I'm looking for" Uhh yes you do, the same as everyone else.
    3. "I like going out and staying in" So....you like existing then?
    4. "Just ask" You're boring, so no.
    5. "I love to laugh"....Like, no shit? Laughing is one of the things I hate the most. /s
    6. Screencaps of vague internet quotes that apply to no one or everyone. These aren't a substitute for up to date pictures of yourself.
    7. Called Chloe.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-06-09 at 06:51 PM.

having a child or a child on the way

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    3. People who only post pictures of themselves with other people. One, it's annoying to have to play a guessing game/process of elimination to tell which one they are. Two, it's a sign of insecurity.
    You want to mess with someone that does this? Tell them you slept with one of the women in their picture.

I always assumed dating profiles are made up just as bad or if not worse than a resume.

Contact them, ask them out on a first date, make it for coffee so you're only out a dollar or two if it doesn't go well.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch View Post
    having a child or a child on the way
    same here or wants to have a child.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    same here or wants to have a child.
    Basically. Kids are a big turn right the hell around flag for me.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The overly long list that no one could ever fit into.
    The ''hello I'm trans'' people
    The ''text me a dick pic'' people
    The ''just ask'' ones.
    Saw one were their display picture wasn't of them, that's pretty shitty, never good to start off with a lie.

7+ Year Old Account
    As was mentioned, "Wants (More) children." Sorry, I don't make babies.

Also:

- Body Type: "Average" when they're clearly not.
    - Blatantly dishonest profiles. Like above, if you can't be honest about something so basic, especially when the other person will likely find out, you don't deserve a date.
    - Pictures with kids or pets. No one is looking to date your kid or your fucking poodle. Keep those pictures on your social media and off your dating profile.
    - Profiles that are basically, "I have a vagina so I'm entitled to someone better-looking than me". No, you're not.
    - Profiles in "cell speak". "Lkn 4 hot man wit money" If you can't spell correctly, don't type. Being on a cell phone is not an excuse.
    - As was also mentioned, "meme" pictures. Especially stupid ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    4. People who post 20+ pics of themselves. We get it, they're in love with themselves.
    most dating sites ive been on put pictures you post in a kind of "new people" type thing, so posting a picture essentially puts your profile up higher or is seen by people who otherwise wouldnt have seen your profile. so most of the time people who have alot of pictures of themselves are merely trying to get more people to check them out not doing it just for the sake of having more pictures of themselves
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Half the pictures being Snapchat filter garbage.

Yeah, I get it, you like how you look with deer ears, but I think you look like an idiot.

ill just say what another person had said not too long ago on twitter in terms of the people i go for

"if ur even remotely successful or mentally well i can't relate. if ur not literally insane and barely scraping by don't even talk to me"

i only want the crazies yo, if your profile is some fucking normal boring ass shit ima pass but if i look in your bio and you say you wanna stab a bitch? well honey here i am

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Half the pictures being Snapchat filter garbage.

Yeah, I get it, you like how you look with deer ears, but I think you look like an idiot.
    man you look so beautiful wit dem puppy dog filters gurl, i really like how it covers 80% of yo face

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    The ''hello I'm trans'' people
    why is this a bad thing? most people would agree this is something that should be put up front to prevent misunderstandings
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Blood elves mostly.

I'd rather know if someone was trans up front to be honest. I haven't used a site in quite awhile, but I had three women in a row that told me that they herpes after I had been texting them for 3-7 days. I guess it's better to find that out earlier than later as well, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids and obsessive amount of pet pictures. And exceptionally boring bios. Like I'll still try to connect but generally those people are really boring to speak to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    This oughta sum it up for me:
    Yeah... Seen so many Instagram posts and whatnot of these girls who seem to think it's so amazing that they're difficult to be around, and so amazing that they blow up every five seconds, and so amazing that they're angry and want to burn the world down...the whole, "I'm a complete bitch and proud of it!" -mentality. Talk about a complete turnoff.

- Anyone using the Snapchat filters as their main photo. Especially the flower crown. Fuck the flower crown.
    - "I just want a sugar baby/daddy". If it's not an obvious scam. It's more or less a shallow person. And I ain't that rich.
    - Cellphone speak. I'm not fond of it since I'm an avid writer.
    - Just Ask, I ain't asking if you've got nothing to advertise for.