Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    I got to ilvl900 now, is it possible with this gear? Playing MM mainly but looks like i will have to make it as BM for this pet.
    I just did it last night at 896 as BM (SV main) with no healing/defensive legendary and without any legendary working other than the new "free talent" ring. Took me about 12-15 trys. The solution was to combine a bit of all strat I found using 2/1/1/2+3/x/1/3 setup.
    - use a turtle (or similar defensive pet), keep mend up at all time
    - use drums after poping all your CD and potion
    - cast redirect on the first adds spawn (freeze trap the one that will spawn on you), use pet defensive
    - disengage (with 60% speed boost) when Fenryr is about to jump to you; if you run away from him at 50%+ speed, you will avoid to stack the bleed effects (meaning you will not take any damage)
    - if your pet dies start running around the lake and rez him when Fenryr start to cast the chase (he will pause long enough to stand still to rez)
    - use tar trap, dire beast and crows on CD while kiting
    - when chase ends, continue to kite until he gets close to you, then redirect on pet and FD (don't FD during chase in anyway, otherwise it won't reset aggro, it costs me a number of wipes...)
    - rinse and repeat

At my level I was able to get it around 25% before I had to kite (due to dead pet).
    Last edited by mmoc6b26ca43f1; 2017-07-17 at 07:46 AM.

i did it on my third try the other day on my hunter alt, 897 at the time i think, weapon is 3 points away from the proc trait. roar and qa'pla legendaries, crappy trinkets. just used a corehound pet for bloodlust, tenacity. talents were 3212112.

bl on pull, started off cleaving the adds down, but at about 50% my pet died and so i spent the rest of the fight running in a circle crying, snaring/stunning/shooting the wolves dead and, ressing my pet whenever i could. eventually pet got aggro on fenryr again. at about 30% my pet died again, repeat of above. same again at 10%, but after that i gave up on the adds and focused on shooting fenryr after ressing my pet. my pet regained aggro on fenryr at about 3% but i had so many wolves chasing me.. haha, i closed my eyes and hoped for the best. it worked out.

i'll say save your cheetah/turtle for if your pet is dead and fenryr is getting way too close for comfort. don't feign death if your pet is dead - hati isn't a good tank and losing their damage is not good.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RoninChaos View Post
    I can't get him past five percent. The adds always overwhelm me. I have mm legendary legs, boot and belt. Any ideas on what I should use and what I should do?
    Go BM

At the OP - it had to be the reset. It doesnt matter that you never left the instance. Any break from point A (instance start) and point B (killing Fenryr) will break the drop. I had to do it twice myself
    And shepherds we shall be...

Hi

I did it yesterday, 906 BM. Using Legendary Shoulders + Belt.

I picked Barrage & Stampede, used a Corehound pet for the Lust.

All i did was, threw a tar trap infront of Fenryr, then popped all cds including Stampede, and the poor thing went down to 10% in few seconds, just make sure you dont pull Fenryr with MD, save the MD for when the adds start spawning, pop it and Barrage everything to your pet

You just gotta keep practicing. It's tough, but no where near impossible.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

i know that you have to be careful where and when you kill him to tame him i did the same thing and had to wait to redo it

Got fenryr today at ilevel 906 as BM using head and apex, tried stomp and barrage but was successful with MoC and killer cobra.

Like others I clear the surrounding area, used a turtle, drums and pots. Took me 5 attempts, got close on 3 of them.

Found great info on this post https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755767359

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by John_Matrix; 2017-08-01 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Added spec type

So I'm trying to get Fenryr and I'm looking at a video from April, the Fenryr in the vid has 53mil hp...mine has 72mil hp, both at 60% (I'm ilvl 896, the hunter in the video is 910) is this normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So I'm trying to get Fenryr and I'm looking at a video from April, the Fenryr in the vid has 53mil hp...mine has 72mil hp, both at 60% (I'm ilvl 896, the hunter in the video is 910) is this normal ?
    yes. Since this patch didn't they increase the loot IL and mob difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    yes. Since this patch didn't they increase the loot IL and mob difficulty
    Yeah, Mythic dungeons were scaled up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried this at ilvl 927.

Hymdal & Phase 1 are okay, but Phase 2 doesn't seem possible due to the increase in health
    and damage.

Players may need to be ilvl 935 or higher in order to get him now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Tried this at ilvl 927.

Hymdal & Phase 1 are okay, but Phase 2 doesn't seem possible due to the increase in health
    and damage.

Players may need to be ilvl 935 or higher in order to get him now.
    Incorrect. Tamed him last week. 930 equip. Only Hymdall killed my pet. Quick tank pet summon and downed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you elaborate?

Can you elaborate?
    What, exactly, are you having issues with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Phase 2 adds. I've watched videos, but I have no idea how their pet doesn't die from all that damage.

Apex Predator's Claw legendary cheese this.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Apex Predator's Claw legendary cheese this.
    This. I did it a while back when it first launched pre-new scaling, but that ring is huge. Being able to still do full DPS and your pet having extra HP and what not goes a long way.

Phase 2 adds. I've watched videos, but I have no idea how their pet doesn't die from all that damage.
    Well the pet will take some heavy damage, but if it's in tank spec and you've got heals going on it, you should be okay as long as you can DPS them down quickly. Make sure you have Exhilaration ready as well. Finally, don't forget that you can resummon if your pet does die. Make sure you're at max range to give yourself enough time to cast, and also I *think* Binding Shot works on the adds, so you can use that to keep them off you while you revive. Once your pet is back up, get him engaged and FD the aggro back to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do I do that if I aggro Fenryr? FD does not work on her, neither does Growl.

So how do I do that if I aggro Fenryr? FD does not work on her, neither does Growl.
    Not sure why you’re having trouble with FD; it works fine for me. Don’t forget to MD right after as well to make sure all threat is going to your pet.