Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Exercise is unhealthy"

Apparently are bodies are like a battery, we have a set predetermined lifespan and exercise just makes us drain our lifespan faster. So the first time I heard this theory was from our very own Orlong but recently I found out that Trump believes this too which is bizarre because I genuinely believed Orlong invented this theory. Is this actually a theory people are peddling towards the naive in America? This is literally the only two times I have heard it and am curious how common it is

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Apparently are bodies are like a battery, we have a set predetermined lifespan and exercise just makes us drain our lifespan faster. So the first time I heard this theory was from our very own Orlong but recently I found out that Trump believes this too which is bizarre because I genuinely believed Orlong invented this theory. Is this actually a theory people are peddling towards the naive in America? This is literally the only two times I have heard it and am curious how common it is
    If this thing about our bodies being like a battery was true you'd have all marathon runners dropping dead by about the age of 35-40...

If there wasn't a way of replenishing our energy then of course using up energy on things that didn't help us survive would be a bad idea... Luckily for us there's this stuff called food which replenishes our energy reserves after we use it up.

If people can push the flat earth stuff and find a following for that then i'm sure there are also enough naive people out there to be taken advantage of by youtubers etc. who push this latest stupid idea.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-06-09 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Eccentric people shouldn't be taken serious...I don't believe this is a common thing at all. If it is well we will have one hell of a pop drop.

Deleted
    It's about as common as people who don't understand science.

Might be a little true, but old people who don't exercise don't have the energy to do things, so their lives are very limited.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

There's actually a fair amount of people who buy into this bullshit. In reality, it's nothing more than a justification for being a fat, lazy person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Might be a little true, but old people who don't exercise don't have the energy to do things, so their lives are very limited.
    It's not even remotely true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Eccentric people shouldn't be taken serious...I don't believe this is a common thing at all. If it is well we will have one hell of a pop drop.
    Well, seems enough took Trump serious to elect him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Well, seems enough took Trump serious to elect him.
    True enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    It's not even remotely true.
    My grandfather was part of a study that had some people exercise and some people not. All the exercise people died before 65 while the non exercisers all lived past 80 except for those with almost completely sedentary lifestyle (work and home)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    theres not even a little bit of true in any of it. No activity actually make you grow older faster. Even in the brain, old people that dont do mental exercise often, lose their cognitive ability faster. Your entire body is a self regenerating machine that has to be in constant movement to be workable. When people break something, its because they have done unnatural movements too many time, example bending your back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    My grandfather was part of a study that had some people exercise and some people not. All the exercise people died before 65 while the non exercisers all lived past 80 except for those with almost completely sedentary lifestyle (work and home)
    Cite your sources. Anecdotes are meaningless. Human bodies are not batteries, generally healthy people live longer, unhealthy people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Link us the study plz.

I read an interview where a doctor says that, even if it were true that the heart has a limited number of beats in its lifetime, that a sedentary person's heart beats faster than a non-sedentary person, so even if your heart beats faster during exercises, it more than compensates during the rest of the day.

Personally, I don't believe it. Would need some convincing to even consider this theory at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Link us the study plz.
    There's no such study.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Link us the study plz.
    It was started in the 20s and went into the 80s i doubt there is anything about it online.

Doctors tend to die younger than coach potatoes.

It is more accurate to say stress is unhealthy. Exercise is a healthy type of stress on your body when applied appropriately.

Wasn't there a thread about the same idea like 3 weeks ago?

It's pointless theory from people who believe everything they read at the news, without first getting them through some kind of rational filter. They say these things just to sound different without actually thinking about it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know how IRL strength and stamina works? Neither do I but I'm fairly convinced anything related to Trump is a scam. You do you. I've been taught that getting your pulse up on a daily basis is a good place to start if you want to be healthy. Everybody can manage a bit of exertion every day except for the unlucky one's who couldn't even if they wanted to. How you get your energy is a much more contentious subject though. Vary your diet. Everything in moderation. If you have doubts take vitamin supplements at least as a precaution to any wacky diet you might compel yourself to try.

Not sure you should be getting life lessons from Trump or Orlong...in any case, there is some merit to the argument that some exercise increases the likelihood of injury (injury type differing by sport), but overall exercise is said to increase your overall lifespan by up to five years. This is due to cardiovascular benefits for the most part.