Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.2.5 patch notes BM

I seem to remember Bliz saying they were going to nerf the jaws of thunder trait to 8% per point down from 10% per point, and also nerf pack leader to to 3% per point down from 5% per point. This isn't listed in the patch-notes they just posted at all.

They also said something about making kill command have a 40 yard range, up from 20 yards, and giving that same thing to dire frenzy when taken. This also isn't listed in the patch notes.

Are any of these changes going to be going live?

I also noticed they changed mantle of commands effect to only increase pet damage by 5% for 8 secs following dire beast/frenzy. Looks to me like it wont be anybodies go-to legendary anymore.

the way i'm looking at this, my 905 ilvl bm hunter will outsim my 917 havoc dh by a mile, if everything goes to live as it is. They have got to have forgotten the nerfs to artifact traits to counter the dire beast/dire frenzy changes. or am i missing something here?

The trait changes and the range changes are still there. Patch notes are never complete.

Deleted
    check wowhead..

http://www.wowhead.com/news=263129/a...in-patch-7-2-5

it says traits where nerfed.

Deleted
    What's with the 6% dmg buff for BM? Like BM needs even more buffs compared to the other hunter speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    What's with the 6% dmg buff for BM? Like BM needs even more buffs compared to the other hunter speccs.
    Because people don't look at the wider picture.

MM is going from a pretty weak tier set, to a strong tier set.

BM is going from a strong tier set, to an average one.

These numbers are not pulled from blizzards ass. MM has been performing very well on PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    These numbers are not pulled from blizzards ass.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Incomplete patch notes I am sure.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    These numbers are not pulled from blizzards ass.
    With the obvious exception of the new legendary shoulder effect.

Apex Ring: +5% pet damage at all times, and the old Adaptation talent effect! And still not a top tier choice for dps.

New shoulders: +5% pet damage with an uptime between 66% and 100% depending on procs. Aaaand ... that's it. We now have a legendary effect that duplicates just PART of one of our other mid-tier legendary effects, and with reduced uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    With the obvious exception of the new legendary shoulder effect.

Apex Ring: +5% pet damage at all times, and the old Adaptation talent effect! And still not a top tier choice for dps.

New shoulders: +5% pet damage with an uptime between 66% and 100% depending on procs. Aaaand ... that's it. We now have a legendary effect that duplicates just PART of one of our other mid-tier legendary effects, and with reduced uptime.
    Wasn't there some question as to if that 5% stacked or not? I never saw any definitive data on that. If it did stack, it could be 66%-100% uptime for %15 damage increase for all pets (vs just main pet). It would be a decent item if that were the case. Otherwise I agree with your analysis 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Felthorn View Post
    Wasn't there some question as to if that 5% stacked or not? I never saw any definitive data on that. If it did stack, it could be 66%-100% uptime for %15 damage increase for all pets (vs just main pet). It would be a decent item if that were the case. Otherwise I agree with your analysis 100%.
    The 5% bonus does not stack. Activating Dire Beast/Frenzy while you have the buff just resets the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    Aren't you just an angsty Marksman/survival hunter ( or another class ) that doesn't understand the concept of Beast Mastery and how a majority of the damage comes from an absolute shit pet AI with minimal player input.

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Incomplete patch notes I am sure.
    That'd be a surprising turn of events.

Deleted
    The Wowhead one is a lot more complete. BW going from 10 to 15 seconds is pretty darn nice, though KC going to 40 yards is gorgeous.

I don't understand 'Thunderslash While Aspect of the Wild is active, Hati and your primary pet also trigger a Thunderslash with each auto attack, dealing (100%50% of Attack power * 1.0176]) Nature damage.'

Is it a gain? Is it a loss? Going from 100% nature to 50% seems like a loss, but then we have those * 1.0176] baked back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    The Wowhead one is a lot more complete. BW going from 10 to 15 seconds is pretty darn nice, though KC going to 40 yards is gorgeous.

I don't understand 'Thunderslash While Aspect of the Wild is active, Hati and your primary pet also trigger a Thunderslash with each auto attack, dealing (100%50% of Attack power * 1.0176]) Nature damage.'

Is it a gain? Is it a loss? Going from 100% nature to 50% seems like a loss, but then we have those * 1.0176] baked back in.
    BW has been 15 sec for a while :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    Aren't you just an angsty Marksman/survival hunter ( or another class ) that doesn't understand the concept of Beast Mastery and how a majority of the damage comes from an absolute shit pet AI with minimal player input.
    I don't care either way which spec will be top dps for TOS but what the fuck are you talking about?

Concept of BM? Majority of dmg from pet? This should be reasons for the buff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    BW has been 15 sec for a while :P
    My tooltip says 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and your tooltip is wrong. Just use it and look at the actual duration of your buff.

I guess you've never actually played the spec then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    Yes, and your tooltip is wrong. Just use it and look at the actual duration of your buff.
    Yeah, I'm drunk. I was looking at it in Survival and the tooltip said 10 seconds. Nevermind me.