Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Personally think this is the best combat the series has ever had. While it not might be the best video game combat ever, I like it quite a bit.

I was skeptical of the setting at first but I've really enjoyed it.
    Combat is janky as fuck. While in previous AC games the combat has always been easy and unimaginative it was never janky. Now its easy, unimaginative AND janky.

It's a good game in spite of it(much like Witcher 3) but it's definitely not an upgrade. It's literally the same combat AC has always had with the rule set removed that just adds infinite jank.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-05 at 10:24 PM.

I actually quite like this version of combat, somewhat better than 'Counter, kill. Counter, kill, rinse and repeat' But that's just me. The war elephants were a pretty decent fight, Kinda hoped each had there own fight patterns though. Free update soon that adds a couple more weekly bosses, should be good.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, now it's dodge, kill, dodge, kill in addition to counter, kill, counter, kill.

Let's be real, AC was never about mundane combat. It's not Warrior's Creed. If you are finding yourself in a lot of combat situations you are playing AC wrong. But I have to admit they force mundane combat in ACO.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for yall. Devs have stated very clearly that this is the story of how the Brotherhood got created. Several times during the story people specifically name Brutus when talking about assassination and killing. Its really confusing me. Can someone please help me make sense of it all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    I have a question for yall. Devs have stated very clearly that this is the story of how the Brotherhood got created. Several times during the story people specifically name Brutus when talking about assassination and killing. Its really confusing me. Can someone please help me make sense of it all?
    Warning: spoiler below assumes you finished the story.
    Brutus was one of the senators who conspired against Caesar and assassinated him in the senate, the famous Caesar's last words "Et tu Brutus?" (regardless of actual authenticity)... now the game loosely follows the history. When Cleo and Caesar betray Bayek and Aya, our assassins meet up with Brutus and Co to help them plan the assassination of Caesar. Basically Bayek and Aya put Cleo in power and helped Caesar find a powerful ally in Cleo. But being people of power they are basically "the first" Templars in AC universe, tyrants. Brutus and other senators were against Caesar because he was about to become the tyrant. So devs basically use this famous anti-tyranny story to explain the Brotherhood and, well, Assassin's Creed itself, assassination of Caesar is the official beginning of the Assassin's Creed, assassination of Cleo is affirmation. it's symbolic in the game. Aya kills Caesar as Aya, but she kills Cleo as Amunet, the Hidden One
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Warning: spoiler below assumes you finished the story.
    Brutus was one of the senators who conspired against Caesar and assassinated him in the senate, the famous Caesar's last words "Et tu Brutus?" (regardless of actual authenticity)... now the game loosely follows the history. When Cleo and Caesar betray Bayek and Aya, our assassins meet up with Brutus and Co to help them plan the assassination of Caesar. Basically Bayek and Aya put Cleo in power and helped Caesar find a powerful ally in Cleo. But being people of power they are basically "the first" Templars in AC universe, tyrants. Brutus and other senators were against Caesar because he was about to become the tyrant. So devs basically use this famous anti-tyranny story to explain the Brotherhood and, well, Assassin's Creed itself, assassination of Caesar is the official beginning of the Assassin's Creed, assassination of Cleo is affirmation. it's symbolic in the game. Aya kills Caesar as Aya, but she kills Cleo as Amunet, the Hidden One
    the person i was thinking of was Darius. I see your point tho, this is about the beginning of the brotherhood as we know it and NOT the start of the assassins in general.

Just finished the game. did most of the sidequests.. completed 104 quests overall.

fantastic game. aside from PC version running like ass.

40+ hours to do so.
    Last edited by Jimusmc; 2017-11-06 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    the person i was thinking of was Darius. I see your point tho, this is about the beginning of the brotherhood as we know it and NOT the start of the assassins in general.
    Well assassins existed long before ACO events, where do you think the assassin's blade came from? But Assassin's Creed is not about just assassins. Brotherhood assassinates as a necessity, for free as a service to the people. Real assassins do it for money, it's just a job, also that means they do it for rich people, and thus they are the part of the problem themselves as most of the time it's the bad rich person who hires assassins to kill another rich person, sometimes a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Just finished the game. did most of the sidequests.. completed 104 quests overall.

fantastic game. aside from PC version running like ass.

40+ hours to do so.
    Nice, I'm really hoping they can address the issues pretty quickly because they're the main thing holding me back from picking it up. Everything I've seen looks pretty damn fantastic, so hoping the fixes come sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nice, I'm really hoping they can address the issues pretty quickly because they're the main thing holding me back from picking it up. Everything I've seen looks pretty damn fantastic, so hoping the fixes come sooner rather than later.
    i think it really is that extra DRM. because their so called 16% cpu boost didn't do anything for me. in this latest patch

Really loving the game so far (6 hours in), but can't play at all atm until they patch the audio issues. After the latest patch there's a constant buzzing/crackling noise and nothing seems to fix it.

Just killed Anubis, fun fight for a game like this. Too easy though, war elephant did more damage to me than this fight did. Drops a pretty neat legendary 94 quality sword with high crit rate and combo rate.

To kill anubis in the event I really need to be lvl 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    To kill anubis in the event I really need to be lvl 40?
    Probably 30+. It's a ranged fight with a lot of dodging involved, so if you're good at dodging shouldn't be too much of a problem, might just take a while to whittle down his health at lower levels. You get free arrows during the fight and you can use the hell hounds to kill the Anubis humanoids and hyenas when they spawn if you directly line them up between you and the hounds. Tip: Use a light bow.

Just want to thanks all of you make me buy this game! Just finished it, I will keep playing a bit ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how:
    Either the mission leading up to or the mission where you actually kill Caesar, can't remember, is called "The Death of an Empire" when the Roman Empire literally began with Caesar's death...

Anywho, I finally got around to beating the game...

Why are the endings of every AC game so abrupt and low quality compared to the beginnings? :'(

Everything at the end of the game just felt so rushed and unfinished... Like the boss you kill on the Elephant, I don't even remember his name because he literally wasn't in the story at all until that point apart from ten seconds in a cutscene were the Roman emissary was being tortured... And then you fight and kill him and Caesar walks up like "Finally the eunuch is dead!"... Finally? We had known about him for all of 20 seconds by that point... The eunuch? Why would they even add that in, the guy had no characterization at all and then they just decided he was a eunuch for the shit of it or something?

And then most of the Romans, even Caesar... No characterization.

Flavius... At one point I remember Bayek getting super heated and yelling "he betrayed us!"... You have known the guy for legit 3 seconds. He was established as a character during two scenes... One, where he stops one of Ptolemy's guards from killing Cleopatra... No dialogue from him and the only dialogue regarding him was where Caesar just says "Flavius..." to which Flavius stops the guard... And then 30 seconds later in Alexander's Tomb where Caesar is like "Flavius look, we have found the great king..." or whatever, also no dialogue from him... That's it. And then they are like "FLAVIUS IS THE EVIL MASTERMIND!" Its nonsense writing...

I thought we were going to get betrayed by Apollodorus or something, but he was a solid dude and just died...

And then Bayek and Aya just found the order out of thin air and start spouting title drops during his speech... "Creed" this and "Assassin" that... The AC icon, that's the indentation of an eagle skull laying in sand... It was all just cheesy corny garbage out of nowhere.

Oh and 80% of the "endgame" you play as Aya on her quest to become a Strong Independent Woman Who Don't Need No Man, making all of the gear and talents and what not on Bayek irrelevant.

It just got so awful towards the end, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It was all just cheesy corny garbage out of nowhere.
    It's how symbolism is born, an important item left a mark at an important moment in time and some important person took note and created a symbol out of it. Nothing cheesy or corny about it. Also it's funny how you have a similar symbol for avatar. With no less cheesier and cornier origin story.

alright so they did something.. it's smoother this is mostly very high settings.. in memphis gpu actually went above 50-60% usage.. ima go alexandria see how it does

- - - Updated - - -

well in alexandria it stays above 30 atleast.. still cpu 100% usage
    Last edited by Jimusmc; 2017-12-18 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize for the bump but I figured I'd ask in here instead of making a new thread.

Is this game worth it, or no? I like Assassin's Creed but kind of gave up after being frustrated about the ending (and overall game) of 3. I played every game up to the third one and after hearing good things about Origins I'm kind of interested in giving the series another shot. From my impression, this game seems to be a soft reboot of the series with the game having a more.. fine-tuned(?) combat system that flows a lot better rather than just simply mashing your attack button. I've heard the new system is fun but isn't that entirely great, is it basically the AC1 of the series, meaning that the next installment will probably have a way more improved system after learning from the mistakes from the past game? And are there even still assassinations?

For what it's worth in regards to whether I should buy it or not, I've loved every Asasssin's Creed game I played (even including the repetitive 1) but my biggest problem was with AC3 and how the game handled the open world setting, it felt really weird and I feel like it could have done a lot better. Outside of that, I did enjoy it still, even with the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I apologize for the bump but I figured I'd ask in here instead of making a new thread.

Is this game worth it, or no? I like Assassin's Creed but kind of gave up after being frustrated about the ending (and overall game) of 3. I played every game up to the third one and after hearing good things about Origins I'm kind of interested in giving the series another shot. From my impression, this game seems to be a soft reboot of the series with the game having a more.. fine-tuned(?) combat system that flows a lot better rather than just simply mashing your attack button. I've heard the new system is fun but isn't that entirely great, is it basically the AC1 of the series, meaning that the next installment will probably have a way more improved system after learning from the mistakes from the past game? And are there even still assassinations?

For what it's worth in regards to whether I should buy it or not, I've loved every Asasssin's Creed game I played (even including the repetitive 1) but my biggest problem was with AC3 and how the game handled the open world setting, it felt really weird and I feel like it could have done a lot better. Outside of that, I did enjoy it still, even with the ending.
    It's an AC game that took a lot of inspiration from Witcher 3(not as good as Witcher 3, but still does things quite well). If that interests you then sure get it, you should be able to find it regularly for $30 or less at this point.