Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What American city to visit?

me and 3 other friends want to go america this summer because i love the country of what it has to offer but cant decide what city to visit, we dont mind what city, we want to go for 10 days.

let me know, thanks, love from italia.

Americano Italiano!!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't come to Miami as it will be raining here all summer unless the rain doesn't bother you.

New Orleans. Humid af in the summer though.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The east side of Detroit

5+ Year Old Account
    Come to Washington, DC. We got awesome restaurants and museums, great night scene, shopping, good history as well. It's really nice weather this time of year too.

Flint Michigan. I hear the water there is "different".

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I've always wanted to visit Nashville. I love country music and the city seems pretty cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    10 Days? You have two choices imo:
    1. New York
    2. San Francisco

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):
    Austin, TX
    Seattle, WA
    Chicago, IL
    Boston, MA

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on your tastes, would depend on a good city to visit. I would say visit either Los Angeles, Las Vegas, or New York. Though it will be hot in LA and NY, and exceptionally hot in LV. Those 3 cities have the most to offer. Also, if you visit LA, you can drive to LV in about 5 hours for a day or 2 visit there as well. DC has crap for restaurants. About the only thing DC has is the museums.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

It really depends on what you want to do during those 10 days but DC is a good choice.

Philly is about 2 1/2 hours away, NYC is 4, Boston is 7 ish. Over the course of 10 days you can see quite a few things and not be confined to just one city.

Depends what kind of experience you're looking for.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tough question. Pick a coast to tour or go for the heartland like Chicago or Vegas. In 10 days you can go far unless you're set on just a single metropolis experience. Depending on where you're from in Italy you may want to stay away from the southern states in the summer though.

Deleted
    thanks for suggestions, i look at them and then decide, all look great

Hear Austin is pretty swag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Hear Austin is pretty swag.
    I was thinking of Austin too. Lot of music and food, probably the most left wing place in Texas.

New York is very similar to European cities, IMO.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I was thinking of Austin too. Lot of music and food, probably the most left wing place in Texas.

New York is very similar to European cities, IMO.
    He can also explore a lot of Texas which has many differing cultures and climates. Maybe venture up towards Colorado and New Mexico, interesting locations in both states to see.

You'll get a good sense of rural and urban America while getting to enjoy its greatest outdoors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why go where everyone goes, for example New York or even New Orleans?

I'd suggest Albuquerque, New Mexico, with jaunts out to surrounding locations. Cincinnati, San Antonio, or Minneapolis might also be worth considering.

Since you are in Italy, also consider St. Louis and "the Hill" That would be more of an opportunity to see one side of the Italian immigrant experience.

Italians, mainly from Lombardy and Sicily, immigrated and settled in the area starting in the late 19th century, attracted by jobs in nearby plants established to exploit deposits of clay discovered by immigrants in the 1830s.
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill,_St._Louis

St. Louis would also give you easy access to things from Chicago to New Orleans if that rail line is still active. St. Louis has Cahokia Mounds for something historical, and downstate Illinois has sites like Garden of the Gods in Shawnee National Park. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale used to be fairly laid back if you want to see an American campus and hang out with college students.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

New York, Washington DC, San Francisco, or Los Angeles/Hollywood. All would be solid picks.

Seattle Washington is also pretty great as well
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Why go where everyone goes, for example New York or even New Orleans?

I'd suggest Albuquerque, New Mexico, with jaunts out to surrounding locations. Cincinnati, San Antonio, or Minneapolis might also be worth considering.

Since you are in Italy, also consider St. Louis and "the Hill" That would be more of an opportunity to see one side of the Italian immigrant experience.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill,_St._Louis

St. Louis would also give you easy access to things from Chicago to New Orleans if that rail line is still active. St. Louis has Cahokia Mounds for something historical, and downstate Illinois has sites like Garden of the Gods in Shawnee National Park. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale used to be fairly laid back if you want to see an American campus and hang out with college students.

DO NOT GO TO OHIO.

There is a reason the majority of astronauts are from Ohio, and it has nothing to do with their schools.

7+ Year Old Account
    NYC, Philadelphia, Boston