Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Almost took a job out in Tempe. Decided to stay in Houston.
    I found it strange how some of the yards are painted green in Phoenix area. I suppose those were from of the people wishing they had grass.
    AZ didn't seem all that hot to me. It was a different kind of heat compared to Houston's heat though.
    We have a really dry heat which is more tolerable than a really humid heat that other parts of America suffers from.

Quote Originally Posted by Popko View Post
    OP, one of the best things about America is its national parks. 10 days is really a long time to stay in any one city, but I would say if you visit a city with a great national park nearby you could camp for 2-3 nights there.

In light if this my top recommendations would be:

San Fransisco(and visit Yosemite)

Honolulu(though this is an incredibly long flight from Italy)

NYC (Hudson Valley is very nice is the summer)

There are tons on great places in the south to visit, but I wouldn't recommend going in the Summer as the heat can be oppressive(Incredibly hot in the South West and incredibly hot and humid in the south east). Better to go in the Spring/Fall if you want to.

DC is also great if you like museums, as most of them are free and Shenandoah National park is close by and amazing, but the humidity is insane in the summer.

Whatever you do, don't go to Las Vegas. I really don't understand all these people recommending going to Las Vegas, unless maybe you really just want to stay in a hotel and eat is TV chef's 3rd tier restaurants, but there are better places for that.
    I completely forgot about this when I suggested it. Ya, it's literally built on a swamp, which is where the phrase comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    1. Detroit, MI
    2. Cleveland, OH
    3. Anchorage, AK
    4. Fargo, ND
    5. Jersey City, NJ
    Pretty sure they don't want murdered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Why would you post a Football player from Brazil playing for the Spanish national team in a Spanish football club shirt in this post ?
    Also don't go to USA

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The US is diverse, so it really depends what types of things interest you. But it is also much larger than most people from other countries visiting realize, so you may want to plan accordingly and stay in a general region or 2 or else you'll spend far too much of your visit travelling. Chicago to New York is a good 18 hour drive for example. So it's not really practical to zip around from Florida to Phoenix. Although granted if you just want to see the country than maybe a road trip is ok.

Southeast - New Orleans for all the reasons mentioned, Orlando, a gulf beach city (amazing sunsets), Atlanta has a lot to see and do (just don't take a wrong turn).
    Northeast - New York City, Boston, Niagara Falls, Washington DC...lots to see and do. Close enough to Ohio for amusement parks and stuff.
    Central - Chicago, St. Louis have things to see and do...but seriously see the note above re: Atlanta on not taking a wrong turn lol.
    South/Southwest - Texas, Phoenix, LA/San Diego, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas...that area would make for a great trip. Meteor Canyon in AZ is pretty cool too. Yes it's hot but the whole US is hot in the summer.
    Northwest - San Francisco, Portland, Seattle...a nice scenic trip and probably cooler.

My suggestion personally would be a trip across the south west to east or vice-versa. Also also keep in mind when visiting large cities especially in the central and east that prices will be higher. Parking downtown in large cities like Chicago or Atlanta can be $30 or $40. Cities also vary quite a bit in quality of mass transportation. Some have decent mass transport by train or bus, but others not so much. We like using our cars over here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Flint Michigan. I hear the water there is "different".
    Not if you going to hit the Oscar's red carpet with Chris Rock.

OT: San Francisco (I'm biased)

10+ Year Old Account
    New Orleans though it will be humid

if you wanted to come to southern California, it would be because there's a lot of stuff not far apart, if you rented a car and wanted to check out the desert or even drive to Vegas with the ten days you'd have to visit the whole region, but its gonna be hot

Anywhere not in Texas.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    DO NOT GO TO OHIO.

There is a reason the majority of astronauts are from Ohio, and it has nothing to do with their schools.
    Lol! What? Ohio has had some Presidents from this state too. Why is that? And one of the greatest marksman ever was from here. Annie Oakley. One could spend a month here and see all types of attractions of interest. From the Serpent Mound to King's Island, Columbus Zoo, Wright Patterson Air Force museum, Cedar Point , on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're only going to visit one city is should be NY. It's essentially the center of human civilization. But if you can, I'd recommend visiting Boston then traveling south. Boston, NY, Washington.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    san fran or seattle

10+ Year Old Account
    New York City. There is enough around close enough so that even if you get bored in the city proper there are a ton of day trips you can make; Adirondacks, Poconos, Hamptons, Fire Island, Philadelphia (only worth a day), Great Adventure, Jersey Shore or Atlantic City, etc.
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

When I was young I went to the USA with a friend and we bought what was known as a Delta pass, we could fly anywhere in the USA for 30days. I have probably been to more cities in USA than most Americans. Sometimes we would get a flight from New York in the early evening to Los Angeles, sleep on the flight ( Lots of empty seats to stretch out in internal flights ) and when we got to LA, get another flight back to NY just so we didn't have to get a hotel room for the night If I had to choose one city it would have to be New York, as a tourist, it's the most " American "and most famous city in USA. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of alternatives and every state is different, like different countries realy. But if i had to pick one, it would be New York.

... and if it is New York, stay in a cheap hostel on the West side next to central park and near Harlem. It's the best place to meet people and fellow travellers.
    Last edited by druenos; 2017-06-11 at 12:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you looking for in your trip? Do you want to see the bigger cities? National landmarks? The US is freaking huge, so depending on what you're looking to do, you could find yourself too far away from certain things without taking a flight across the country.

If you go to New York City hit the Bronx. You will have a nice taste of the multi-culturalism of our cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    The US is diverse, so it really depends what types of things interest you. But it is also much larger than most people from other countries visiting realize, so you may want to plan accordingly and stay in a general region or 2 or else you'll spend far too much of your visit travelling. Chicago to New York is a good 18 hour drive for example. So it's not really practical to zip around from Florida to Phoenix. Although granted if you just want to see the country than maybe a road trip is ok.

Southeast - New Orleans for all the reasons mentioned, Orlando, a gulf beach city (amazing sunsets), Atlanta has a lot to see and do (just don't take a wrong turn).
    Northeast - New York City, Boston, Niagara Falls, Washington DC...lots to see and do. Close enough to Ohio for amusement parks and stuff.
    Central - Chicago, St. Louis have things to see and do...but seriously see the note above re: Atlanta on not taking a wrong turn lol.
    South/Southwest - Texas, Phoenix, LA/San Diego, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas...that area would make for a great trip. Meteor Canyon in AZ is pretty cool too. Yes it's hot but the whole US is hot in the summer.
    Northwest - San Francisco, Portland, Seattle...a nice scenic trip and probably cooler.

My suggestion personally would be a trip across the south west to east or vice-versa. Also also keep in mind when visiting large cities especially in the central and east that prices will be higher. Parking downtown in large cities like Chicago or Atlanta can be $30 or $40. Cities also vary quite a bit in quality of mass transportation. Some have decent mass transport by train or bus, but others not so much. We like using our cars over here.
    That is one hell of a road trip. Literally 22 hours in a car (and that's straight from tx to ca) across some bleak ass territory. I do not recommend it. Also 1500+ miles on your rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsted90 View Post
    don't go to USA
    why not? its a nice country

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popko View Post
    OP, one of the best things about America is its national parks. 10 days is really a long time to stay in any one city, but I would say if you visit a city with a great national park nearby you could camp for 2-3 nights there.

In light if this my top recommendations would be:

San Fransisco(and visit Yosemite)

Honolulu(though this is an incredibly long flight from Italy)

NYC (Hudson Valley is very nice is the summer)

There are tons on great places in the south to visit, but I wouldn't recommend going in the Summer as the heat can be oppressive(Incredibly hot in the South West and incredibly hot and humid in the south east). Better to go in the Spring/Fall if you want to.

DC is also great if you like museums, as most of them are free and Shenandoah National park is close by and amazing, but the humidity is insane in the summer.

Whatever you do, don't go to Las Vegas. I really don't understand all these people recommending going to Las Vegas, unless maybe you really just want to stay in a hotel and eat is TV chef's 3rd tier restaurants, but there are better places for that.
    sounds good bro

7+ Year Old Account
    @metadox: what types of activities are you interested in while visiting the states? Restaurants? Music? Museums? Outdoor activities?

Edit:
    A comment about Yosemite: it is next to impossible to get in there during the summertime. If you want to spend hours waiting for a parking space, have it, otherwise, sadly, without making a reservation. Check out https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm I recommend doing some research on this before you try "dropping in". The experience can be very disappointing if you don't have a reservation.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-06-11 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    I have never been in america.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    @metadox: what types of activities are you interested in while visiting the states? Restaurants? Music? Museums? Outdoor activities?
    mainly outdoor activities, national park etc,, i would also visit a museum if i had the chance.