10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    The comments in the Eurogamer article I linked say suicide.
    That certainly doesn't bode well for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That certainly doesn't bode well for the game.
    Comments, so grains of salt abound. And I don't think anyone credible is linking his suicide to his work on the title, at least not that I've seen.

Either way, that's a pretty fucking shitty thing to say. Unless I'm misreading the intent behind your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Comments, so grains of salt abound. And I don't think anyone credible is linking his suicide to his work on the title, at least not that I've seen.

Either way, that's a pretty fucking shitty thing to say. Unless I'm misreading the intent behind your post.
    I mean the only link between this person and myself is this game and my interest in it... I know literally nothing about him and had this article not made a display of his death, I probably would have never heard of him. Even with the article I know nothing about him other than his role in this game.

No matter the reason I feel for his family/friends.

Hope EA gives the team time to grieve and not force them to work thought it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Until an MMO comes out that has fair and balanced open world PvP with seiges, mass cale, pve will be king. Not that there's anything wrong with Pve :P
    You'd have an easier time getting everyone to pass their drug tests at the Olympics.

The moment pvp becomes the primary in the game, people will try to win by hook or by crook.

Its hard enough for game companies to manage the blatant hacking/cheating... but *balance* is a world apart. Sometimes what's balanced for one player, is imbalanced for another. Like... if I'm really good at Dragoon PvP, but really bad at Witch Doctor PvP, I could find the different characters needing different levels of balance. It's a !@#$ing impossible job for a company to chase balance when the players follow their perception of imbalance, thus exacerbating slight imbalances that may or may not even be there if the character were player with an equal representation of equally skilled players.

PvE is much easier to "balance" in comparison... since the developer can trust that the player won't get "cheated" by the opponent they're presented with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    You'd have an easier time getting everyone to pass their drug tests at the Olympics.

The moment pvp becomes the primary in the game, people will try to win by hook or by crook.

Its hard enough for game companies to manage the blatant hacking/cheating... but *balance* is a world apart. Sometimes what's balanced for one player, is imbalanced for another. Like... if I'm really good at Dragoon PvP, but really bad at Witch Doctor PvP, I could find the different characters needing different levels of balance. It's a !@#$ing impossible job for a company to chase balance when the players follow their perception of imbalance, thus exacerbating slight imbalances that may or may not even be there if the character were player with an equal representation of equally skilled players.

PvE is much easier to "balance" in comparison... since the developer can trust that the player won't get "cheated" by the opponent they're presented with.
    The best way to Balance PvP, is to go back to the Halo 2 way. Everyone plays as the same character. Limited weapon selections, and weapons placed around the board are first come, first serve. Switch sides between rounds so no one has a map advantage through the whole match.

Beyond that, adding too many other elements (classes, load outs, etc) will never be balanced for the exact reason you listed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Any new info on this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Any new info on this game?
    not till E3 i Guess

10+ Year Old Account
    It cant be worse than Destiny 2. Or it will be 10x worse at launch then 10x what was promised 3 months later after everyone forgot about it and moved on. Tis the life of EA games.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It cant be worse than Destiny 2. Or it will be 10x worse at launch then 10x what was promised 3 months later after everyone forgot about it and moved on. Tis the life of EA games.
    I can and will second this motion.

Dont buy this game boys and girls.

Let bioware go under for selling out to EA

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Even if (by chance) it is a good game?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Its your money do what you want.

I just really....really hate what EA does to the gaming community

at the very least dont pre-order

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how Destiny 2 completely changed my way of looking at new games. I'm not preordering anything anymore and will decide to buy a game after release when the first honest reviews start showing up.

Anthem killed SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic), so yeah we have to do the same to Anthem.

They pulled all development from SWTOR to double down on Anthem

I don't have high hopes for the game or the company these days. There's just too many bitter disappointments and questionable development decisions. I just don't see current day Bioware pulling off a title as memorable and in-depth as the likes of Persona 5 and Witcher 3.

The chances of that happening are so minuscule that you might as well just hold on for a month or two to see what it's like.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Anthem killed SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic), so yeah we have to do the same to Anthem.

They pulled all development from SWTOR to double down on Anthem
    No it didn't. The team already confirmed an expansion is in the works - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=946806

Resources absolutely got pulled to help Anthem, and support for SWTOR is definitely weaker than pre-KotFE/ET, but the game isn't dead and they didn't lose their team.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Why would you want that it would mean the great ip’s they work on are stuck in ea’s copy right vault doomed for ever like dead space.

Im still annoyed about mass effect. They had a really valuable ip and they basically just tossed it out the window. Why should I even care about their new ip?