Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Black Panther

Finally got around to seeing the trail that came out yesterday. Looks pretty cool, hope they spend most of the story in the Wakanda. If Thor is any kind of analog, it's strongest moments happened in Asgard.

Almost didnt recognize Forest Whitaker in all that make up during his brief appearance.

I'm a fan of worldbuilding, so establishing/exploring Wakanda should be interesting. The problem I had with the first Thor movie was that Asgard looked too artificial/cartoonish and wasn't all that fleshed out, apart from some cg and matte paintings. If they can avoid that it will be nice.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm happy to say that the teaser told me absolutely nothing about the movie. Wish they were all like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Da-nun... da-nun...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm really looking forward to it but kinda worried because it has Michael B Jordan in it and he has all the personality and screen charisma of wet toast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. Solid cast, he was great in Civil War and the trailer hooked me.

I think this and Ragnarok are going to be game changers for the MCU.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Looks pretty good. Im more looking forward to this than Homecoming.

I'm so lost when it comes to the marvel universe now, is this Earth?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Looks good. Solid cast, he was great in Civil War
    Odd, seemed horribly boring angry character..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    you'd be angry too if your father was murdered in front of you :P

but on topic: I cannot wait, was awesome seeing Bilbo and Gollum reunited at last on that trailer
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    you'd be angry too if your father was murdered in front of you :P
    Doesn't change that's all we saw.

Looks like its gonna suck and i hope it doesnt... but marvel is over due for a fail and its either gonna be Thor,Spiderman or this.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    He was clearly quite divisive. People seem to either regard him as one of the best, or one of the worst things about Civil War...

Of course, people also think Tony was in the right in that film... So clearly people are fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Looks like its gonna suck and i hope it doesnt... but marvel is over due for a fail and its either gonna be Thor,Spiderman or this.
    I'm thinking Spoderman will be their flop. He's a popular character, but almost everyone I know was underwhelmed by the trailer, and generally burnt out by the repeated reboots of the character. He was great in Civil War... But I think he should remain a team up character, not a solo lead.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-06-12 at 05:46 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I dont think its possible for marvel to screw up and make a bomb. It seems at worst they made a pretty good movie thats under par for marvel movie expectations like thor 2, ironman 2 and civil war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good, will for sure go and see this.
    Ragnarok also looks pretty solid
    Homecoming. Yeah of the 3 it does seem like the most underwhelming. I do like the main villain(Vulture) but the premise of this basically being that Spiderman is trying out to join the Avengers is just kinda lame.

Can't wait. Probably the strongest cast in the Mcu. The costumes look amazing. Wakanda looks perfect.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

i think he showed alot more near the end.

- - - Updated - - -

wasn't thor 2 its fail?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He was clearly quite divisive. People seem to either regard him as one of the best, or one of the worst things about Civil War...

Of course, people also think Tony was in the right in that film... So clearly people are fucking idiots.

I'm thinking Spoderman will be their flop. He's a popular character, but almost everyone I know was underwhelmed by the trailer, and generally burnt out by the repeated reboots of the character. He was great in Civil War... But I think he should remain a team up character, not a solo lead.
    spiderman really cant do any worse then the last reboot.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Both Thor movies were arguably bad. Iron Man 2 is seen as a fail by many. IM3 has its detractors as well. I agree that BP showed a lot more at the end of his journey than just rage. And now we get a whole movie to devote to character development. I think the first ASM had some good things about it, it could have been much worse than it was. ASM2 on the other hand...
    i can't say i thought any of the marvel movies were good other then cap 2 and 3. i like them all but only the cap movies id say are good movies.

i hated Asm1 i think its not only a horrible spiderman movie but a horrible movie in general. 2 had some parts i liked but i thought they came up short on those. for example i really liked electro the whole unstable guy getting powers and having his paranoia turn him to hate his hero i think is a wonderful idea but it fell short as they wanted to cram the stupid green goblin stuff in. i think the electro scenes are generally rather well done and i think his theme is the best thing to come out of the movie by far.

:edit love this.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-06-12 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post

i think he showed alot more near the end.

- - - Updated - - -

wasn't thor 2 its fail?

- - - Updated - - -

spiderman really cant do any worse then the last reboot.
    and that reset the fail button
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I felt the same about it his character in Civil War. I didn't really enjoy any of his screentime, and this trailer doesn't seem all that great to me either. I just don't like the character.

Gonna pass on this Marvel flick.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on the Thor movies being bad. I honestly think it's because they included Jane. She was so boring and eyerolling in both movies. I'm hoping the third one, since Portman isn't in it, does better, as I like Thor as a character.
    Well supposedly they had another 5 min or so of scenes for BP planned out which got axed when they made the deal to get Spidey into the mcu and then decided to throw him into CW. So that may have helped people get into his character more and give more background into who he is as a character. I like him and think Bozeman will do a great job in the solo movie.