Deleted

New Legendarys Upgrades next ID (Week before ToS)

Hello guys,

by reading the Patchnotes I am missing the Information if the new Legendaries are coming next week (13 / 14.06) and if you can already update them?
    Anybody has better information about that?

Highly Unlikely

With 7.1.5/Nighthold the upgrade quest didn't start until Nighthold was unlocked. The same is likely to occur for 7.2.5 and Tomb.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

If I recall correctly from 7.1.5 (and I assume this will apply this time as well):
    -New legendaries can drop as of the release of the patch, this coming week, however, they will drop at 940 like all the existing ones.
    -When Tomb launches, all newly acquired legendaries will drop at 970, and the quest to upgrade existing ones will go live.

As far as I know there has been no blue confirmation this is how it will work but they haven't said anything otherwise so I can only assume it will be the same as it was pre-Nighthold.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2017-06-12 at 05:33 AM.

The last time new legendaries were implemented they dropped at 940 right at the start. I got a 940 trinket the day the patch hit. I assume that every legendary drop will be 970 on wedndesday. Everything else would be silly tbh.

They confirmed that after the patch new legendaries will drop, but at 940 ilvl until ToS is open.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...42140423192576

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    They confirmed that after the patch new legendaries will drop, but at 940 ilvl until ToS is open.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...42140423192576
    ... Hmm, I just read a lot of the replies to that tweet. Not sure why they would do that, considering the chances most people will have of getting a legendary between tomorrow and next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    all i care about is the upgrade crap dropping 5x as much as NH did, because i'm sitting on 17 legendary items on my main right now and upgrading them all is gonna take a fuck ton of time and i cba having to farm ToS normal/heroic/mythic (when open) to get enough "shards" for these upgrade crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    all i care about is the upgrade crap dropping 5x as much as NH did, because i'm sitting on 17 legendary items on my main right now and upgrading them all is gonna take a fuck ton of time and i cba having to farm ToS normal/heroic/mythic (when open) to get enough "shards" for these upgrade crystals.
    Apparently on the PTR after collecting 50 writhing essences the Stabilized Titan Essence had unlimited charges. Let's hope that goes live. Having to upgrade 14 legendaries myself is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Apparently on the PTR after collecting 50 writhing essences the Stabilized Titan Essence had unlimited charges. Let's hope that goes live. Having to upgrade 14 legendaries myself is retarded.
    Ummm is this true?? because thats a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Theres two quests for the item upgrades:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=47790/unsettled-power

Follow up quest to get more:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=47791/unsettled-power

Unlikely that it's unlimited charges, as it was on PTR. Testing is testing yo.
    My hopes and dreams were elevated and then rapidly crushed..

are you using all thoose 17 legendarys? i dont see any point in upgra<ding the all of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    are you using all thoose 17 legendarys? i dont see any point in upgra<ding the all of them
    the rate at which my class is nerfed into the ground by blizzard based on trade chat spam and forum spam means that what is a BiS legendary item now, may not be BiS when the next patch hits, so i'll be swapping around items to get the best possible setup i can, as such i use regularly betwee 8-10 legendary items depending on spec and what i'm doing with a further 2-3 of them for niche situations, so while i don't use them all at all times, i use enough of them to warrant upgrading them all to cover my bases.

Deleted
    the rate at which my class is nerfed into the ground by blizzard based on trade chat spam and forum spam means that what is a BiS legendary item now, may not be BiS when the next patch hits, so i'll be swapping around items to get the best possible setup i can, as such i use regularly betwee 8-10 legendary items depending on spec and what i'm doing with a further 2-3 of them for niche situations, so while i don't use them all at all times, i use enough of them to warrant upgrading them all to cover my bases.
    You'll probably get 1.5-2 upgrades per ID, just like in NH. Which is completely fine. You upgrade the most important ones in the first ID and then just do them as you go along. You won't get full mythic 940 gear from mythic raids in the first ID either, so no reason for not using the 940 ones until you upgrade them anyway.

I quite like it that you have to put some thoughts into what to upgrade when. Adds at least some brain into it.