Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Alright, wasn't sure it was enough given the sheer absurdity of arms execute right now Good to know for sure

Arms execute is fun, for sure.

It's just really weird to go from Fury for this whole xpac to Arms and have those lulls - I like having something to press every GCD. Just auto attacking at times feels... silly.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Hey Archi,
    first off all, gr8 work mate. Keep it going!

Your bis list in the guide and the T20M + Leggy simcraft report say that we should use
    the vambraces of resolute justice. but I can't seem to find where they drop.

Does anyone have a clue where we can get those?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CalabanGaming View Post
    Hey Archi,
    first off all, gr8 work mate. Keep it going!

Your bis list in the guide and the T20M + Leggy simcraft report say that we should use
    the vambraces of resolute justice. but I can't seem to find where they drop.

Does anyone have a clue where we can get those?
    Listed as a Maiden drop.

Finally looked at the full loot for ToS and realized that we have almost no worthwhile relics to go for. I suppose we should just continue doing NH or mythic + to get better ilvl ones. Since we are keeping CoF for the raid, the BC relics still hold a high value.

/sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulair View Post
    Finally looked at the full loot for ToS and realized that we have almost no worthwhile relics to go for. I suppose we should just continue doing NH or mythic + to get better ilvl ones. Since we are keeping CoF for the raid, the BC relics still hold a high value.

/sigh
    there is a fire and a storm relic with BC trait, just not iron.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoF or not BC relics are still the best because the Enrage one is just so garbage. Even the Rampage relic is garbage because the increase is not enough to be a straight upgrade.

So we get to choose between BC or Raging Blow relics for meaningful increases. Raging Blow relics don't do anything for AoE so the only real choice is BC.

Save a coin roll for Mistress Sassz'ine and Fallen Avatar, they drop BC relics and tier tokens. Harjartan has the only useful Iron relic for Fury, but it's not worth wasting a coin roll over.

Better off doing weekly Heroic/Mythic Scorpyron for Iron relic.

I really wish they just made relics decide secondary stats instead of relic powers because god knows all that useless crit on our Artifact Weapons is doing absolutely nothing to help our damage.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    CoF or not BC relics are still the best because the Enrage one is just so garbage. Even the Rampage relic is garbage because the increase is not enough to be a straight upgrade.

So we get to choose between BC or Raging Blow relics for meaningful increases. Raging Blow relics don't do anything for AoE so the only real choice is BC.

Save a coin roll for Mistress Sassz'ine and Fallen Avatar, they drop BC relics and tier tokens. Harjartan has the only useful Iron relic for Fury, but it's not worth wasting a coin roll over.

Better off doing weekly Heroic/Mythic Scorpyron for Iron relic.

I really wish they just made relics decide secondary stats instead of relic powers because god knows all that useless crit on our Artifact Weapons is doing absolutely nothing to help our damage.
    Extra percent damage while enraged isn't garbage. It's actually better than the RB trait in most cases and unlike RB scales with AoE (also gets better with gear since it's a percentage based increase). Though, on single target they're pretty close in terms of damage with RB being slightly behind as I mentioned. It's just weapon ilvls have so much value and Unrivaled Strength is so overpowered.

M+ is also about to start giving better gear for 11-15 so there's some chances at a good Iron relic.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Extra percent damage while enraged isn't garbage. It's actually better than the RB trait in most cases and unlike RB scales with AoE (also gets better with gear since it's a percentage based increase). Though, on single target they're pretty close in terms of damage with RB being slightly behind as I mentioned. It's just weapon ilvls have so much value and Unrivaled Strength is so overpowered.

M+ is also about to start giving better gear for 11-15 so there's some chances at a good Iron relic.
    RB and Enrage can be considered fairly even, though as you correctly assess, Enrage is the better practical bonus due to AoE value as well as ST.

Comparatively however, they're both much weaker traits than Battle Cry, because of both the frequency of Battle Cry, and the nature of multiplicative damage bonuses in the first place.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Comparatively however, they're both much weaker traits than Battle Cry, because of both the frequency of Battle Cry, and the nature of multiplicative damage bonuses in the first place.
    No doubt. I don't disagree with that and I did mention that in the post (regarding it being OP). I just focused more on his comment regarding the Enrage vs RB.

- - - Updated - - -

@Archimtiros, I actually have a question for you since the subject is brought up since I'm sure you've probably done the testing. Does the Enrage damage trait scale with the mastery or is it just just a plain increase (as in if you have 38% damage increased while Enrage 3/3 traits makes it 41%)?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt. I don't disagree with that and I did mention that in the post (regarding it being OP). I just focused more on his comment regarding the Enrage vs RB.
    I never made a comment about Enrage vs RB. My comment was completely in general of all relics. I'm not talking about overly specific instances.

Enrage is inferior to RB for single target. RB is Inferior to BC for single target. If Frenzy was a viable choice Enrage would be better than RB, but not overly better than Rampage relic.

Enrage is inferior to BC for multi-target. Probably even inferior to Rampage for <=5 targets without Wrecking Ball. It's a wopping 1% per relic that under most circumstances requires Rampage to be pressed first, but since Enrage relic buffs Raging Blow it's also a better choice than Rampage relic.

Therefore the only meaningful relic choices are BC or RB. Everything else is not a substantial increase and relies heavily on simming because they are overly situational and not clear, meaningful choices.

I feel sorry for Arms warriors who all now have to hunt for Whirlwind relics especially after the Tactician relic nerf. Arms has zero universal damage relics, only singletarget or multi-target. All it takes is a hotfix to make or break an Arms warrior's relic setup.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I actually have a question for you since the subject is brought up since I'm sure you've probably done the testing. Does the Enrage damage trait scale with the mastery or is it just just a plain increase (as in if you have 38% damage increased while Enrage 3/3 traits makes it 41%)?
    It's additive.

- - - Updated - - -

Enrage is inferior to RB for single target. RB is Inferior to BC for single target. If Frenzy was a viable choice Enrage would be better than RB, but not overly better than Rampage relic.

Enrage is inferior to BC for multi-target.
    Well this is the part I corrected; "inferior" implies there's a pronounced difference between the two, and in terms of single target, there is not.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never made a comment about Enrage vs RB. My comment was completely in general of all relics. I'm not talking about overly specific instances.

Enrage is inferior to BC for multi-target. Probably even inferior to Rampage for <=5 targets without Wrecking Ball. It's a wopping 1% per relic that under most circumstances requires Rampage to be pressed first, but since Enrage relic buffs Raging Blow it's also a better choice than Rampage relic.

Therefore the only meaningful relic choices are BC or RB. Everything else is not a substantial increase and relies heavily on simming because they are overly situational and not clear, meaningful choices.

I feel sorry for Arms warriors who all now have to hunt for Whirlwind relics especially after the Tactician relic nerf. Arms has zero universal damage relics, only singletarget or multi-target. All it takes is a hotfix to make or break an Arms warrior's relic setup.
    You said the enrage trait was garbage and that BC and RB traits were the only meaningful traits to have. Your words not mine.

I simply just corrected you in the fact that the Enrage trait is actually better than the RB trait at the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's additive.
    Yea I figured. Good to know though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromagrim View Post
    Listed as a Maiden drop.
    In his BIS list yes, but Dungeon Guide in-game doesn't have that item listed at all. Even Wowhead doesn't have anything on that item.

Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiarchGrim View Post
    In his BIS list yes, but Dungeon Guide in-game doesn't have that item listed at all. Even Wowhead doesn't have anything on that item.
    It is a trash drop according to icy-veins and other places; as is the Girdle of Crumbling Sanctum, which you will also want for both fury and arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiarchGrim View Post
    They're not in the dungeon guide or database no, but PTR they were a Maiden drop (NB loot has had minor changes since PTR e.g. Tier moved from KJ). They remain BoP, reducing the likelihood of them being from Trash and Wowhead's Maiden guide still lists them as a drop.

As always, YMMV

Deleted
    Off Topic: Well done in ranking world 1 for KJ HC, Archi!
    And gratz on that Moonglaives drop.

It's good to see that a theorycrafter actually delivers ingame as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Great job on the guide!

I still like fury, but I wish fury's execute phase could be as smooth (and less punishing when moving) than arms'.

Deleted
    One minor question:
    I sometimes have the situation that I am off GCD at around 95+ Rage (not 100 though) and both RB/BT are on CD.
    Next in line would of course be FS, but if I wait let's say 0.3 s until the next autoattack lands (have a swing timer addon), I go to 100 Rage and can cast Rampage.

In situations like this, do you "wait" these couple of ms or do you cast a FS regardless and Rampage afterwards?
    Currently I would go with the "waiting" option, as FS deals only minor dmg and its BT-Crit buff is less necessary due to the Enrage by Rampage. However, the next BT during the FB uptime then would have a higher chance of refreshing Enrage.

Still playing with T19, so with T20 I would definitely tend to the "waiting".

Another question is, why I actually have these situations. Is it because I am in the middle of critical haste breakpoints? Currently residing at 32-33 %, while the breakpoints are at 30/35 % assuming zero lag.

Thanks alot in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Avyrana View Post
    One minor question:
    I sometimes have the situation that I am off GCD at around 95+ Rage (not 100 though) and both RB/BT are on CD.
    Next in line would of course be FS, but if I wait let's say 0.3 s until the next autoattack lands (have a swing timer addon), I go to 100 Rage and can cast Rampage.

In situations like this, do you "wait" these couple of ms or do you cast a FS regardless and Rampage afterwards?
    Currently I would go with the "waiting" option, as FS deals only minor dmg and its BT-Crit buff is less necessary due to the Enrage by Rampage. However, the next BT during the FB uptime then would have a higher chance of refreshing Enrage.

Still playing with T19, so with T20 I would definitely tend to the "waiting".

Another question is, why I actually have these situations. Is it because I am in the middle of critical haste breakpoints? Currently residing at 32-33 %, while the breakpoints are at 30/35 % assuming zero lag.

Thanks alot in advance
    There's little reason to wait; the TfB buff will still benefit your next BT. There are a very few times where delay is worthwhile, interchanging Rampage and Raging Blow, but is largely a minor and circumstantial gain.

It happens regardless of haste or crit. Auto-attack swings are not, and never will be, synced with GCDs, so there will always be some instances of delay.