Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oddly enough, my 935 Void Stalker's Contract is netting me more DPS than my 875 Convergence of Fates. I use the Contract with Moonglaives and alternate them so I have one for each Battle Cry. Simming myself shows CoF being 5% better, but I'm doing 5% more with Contract on the dummy. Anecdotal, I know but still... Maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong but I can't figure out what. It's possible CoF might be a bit overrated. Either way, I'm going to try out the Contract in raid next week to see how it performs. I don't think the Contract itself is that great so I might look at other options like Cradle of Anguish if CoF does prove to be overvalued in my current gear.
    Last edited by Wolfman31; 2017-09-09 at 09:36 PM.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

I would suspect the convergence usually picks up a bit in the execute phase which you can't as easily see on the dummy.

Yeah I'm testing it now in NH and the Contract is pretty subpar. On the dummy, it was roughly the same damage as glaives but on actual fights, it's pretty weak so far. Either way, I can't wait until they nerf CoF because I hate its behavior.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    Has anyone tested boots (legendary) aside from just simming it? Everything else equal, it gives me better sim results with helm than helm+pants. I replace same ilvl pieces, so I guess it comes down to my overall stats budget.
    I'm 930 equipped with 4p and 890 CoF and pretty much every other BiS except for glaives, so this result surprised me. In practice, I manage to squeeze a couple of extra gcds while boss is being kited or when I have to run from mechanics, and that gives me a palpable increase in dps. I manage to pull 90+ logs in heroic much more consistently now. One thing to note though, our guild is just starting Mythic progression, so it can also be skill/fight execution related issue.
    Last edited by mmoc097bcc2a5a; 2017-09-10 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Talents in Mythic+?

I was taking war machine + wrecking ball for a long time but felt really gimped on long boss fights.

Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Talents in Mythic+?

I was taking war machine + wrecking ball for a long time but felt really gimped on long boss fights.

Suggestions?
    I always go with War Machine. It provides so much DPS on trash, and Endless Rage isn't a large enough boost to forgo it even on Tyrannical IMO.

Wrecking Ball however, I rarely take. Avatar always gives me better numbers. Definitely go Avatar on Tyra week too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I always go with War Machine. It provides so much DPS on trash, and Endless Rage isn't a large enough boost to forgo it even on Tyrannical IMO.

Wrecking Ball however, I rarely take. Avatar always gives me better numbers. Definitely go Avatar on Tyra week too.
    Thanks for the reply.

war machine + avatar for me. Take shockwave and use sephuz + belt. You are officially godmode at m+

Deleted
    I'm confused as to how you'd get the Chronoshard trinket at 915. I just noticed I have one in my bags at Mythic Warforged 890.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-w...s-best-in-slot

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I'm confused as to how you'd get the Chronoshard trinket at 915. I just noticed I have one in my bags at Mythic Warforged 890.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-w...s-best-in-slot
    +10 M+ can give 915 (I think?) ilvl base. Warforging/Titanforging can happen in any level of M+. You can also get lucky and get one from your weekly chest. 935 or even higher through titanforging. I've had an item forge 50 extra ilvls in a measely +5 before.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    +10 M+ can give 915 (I think?) ilvl base. Warforging/Titanforging can happen in any level of M+. You can also get lucky and get one from your weekly chest. 935 or even higher through titanforging. I've had an item forge 50 extra ilvls in a measely +5 before.
    Don't forget Relinquished, either, guaranteed 910+.

Deleted
    Quick ring help please:

Confused as to which rings I should use afaik the effect on ring 2 isn't accounted for when simming.

1. Mythic Scaled Band of Servitude (assuming this will be in one slot)

2. Jeweled Signet of Melandrus (increases autoattack damage by 10%)
    3. Utgarde Royal Signet 950 - 2725 Crit, 1228 Vers (Not best stats but pawn recommends this highly for my char)

Quick ring help please:

Confused as to which rings I should use afaik the effect on ring 2 isn't accounted for when simming.

1. Mythic Scaled Band of Servitude (assuming this will be in one slot)

2. Jeweled Signet of Melandrus (increases autoattack damage by 10%)
    3. Utgarde Royal Signet 950 - 2725 Crit, 1228 Vers (Not best stats but pawn recommends this highly for my char)
    The auto-attack buff is accounted for in simulations. Can't tell you anything if you only include the ilevel for one of the rings, but the simulation won't lie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The auto-attack buff is accounted for in simulations. Can't tell you anything if you only include the ilevel for one of the rings, but the simulation won't lie.
    My apologies. I got another ring just now 'ring of twisted webbing'. Great stats but Melandrus still comes out on top, apparently. Can Melandrus really be that good?

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...BRwzR8eMe4ExpV
    Last edited by mmoc601899f8ff; 2017-09-29 at 08:35 PM.

Yes, Malandrino is that good right now. Enraged = faster swing timers so it's going to remain potent as your weapon damage increases.

I seem to have a problem with Execute phase, my dps starts going down the hill when I start Executing, I tried juggling FB, didn't work well, and I tried the FS ==> BT ==> RB ==> Execute rotation then dump all Rage > BC spam Exe, but I'm clearly doing something wrong when I compare my logs to other people's I'm not sure what it is, everytime I go into thr execute phase I lose dps not the other way around, thinking of just sticking to normal rotation instead
    Edit: Part 2 feels irrelevant now that we dropped T19, not sure tho, need some clarity
    Last edited by Juggernaught93; 2017-10-01 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    At this point in time I have really high haste and pretty low mastery. Is there a way to check what my dps would be if I changed some gems to mastery on raidbots?

Gear compare doesn't have the same option for replacing gems that 'Top gear' has but top gear also requires two gear sets, which isn't what I want to check. I want to check the same gear but with different gems.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...qXx8HCKztB1Jsf

42% haste
    36% mastery

Thanks.

At this point in time I have really high haste and pretty low mastery. Is there a way to check what my dps would be if I changed some gems to mastery on raidbots?

Gear compare doesn't have the same option for replacing gems that 'Top gear' has but top gear also requires two gear sets, which isn't what I want to check. I want to check the same gear but with different gems.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...qXx8HCKztB1Jsf

42% haste
    36% mastery

Thanks.
    Just create a duplicate gear set in the gear comparison and put in different gems. Overall, the difference between two gems has an incredibly minor impact on your dps, so don't expect to make any large gains.

Deleted
    Excitement over legendary helm severely lessened by the fact that these sims are showing it to be a dps loss over my current gear and not that much of an upgrade when I regain 4pc. What's happening here?

With 4PC (Rethu & Valajar) My gear before getting Ceann
    With 2PC (Ceann + Valajar)

I would have thought losing the 4pc wouldn't be that big a deal when replacing it with Ceann but I guess maybe it is.

What I don't understand however is that even when I compare having 4pc again by adding the gloves & Ceann + Valajar it just puts me back to around the same place I was before having Ceann.

4pc Ceann + Valajar

What makes my current gear without Ceann so much stronger? (Tier helm and Rethu) As you can see above the jump from Ceann+Valarjar 2pc to 4pc is very large which indicates to me that 4pc is a good increase. So why isn't the gear set entitled 'future gear 4pc' even larger when I'm removing a belt that does nothing compared to Ceann?

Would really appreciate some thoughts on this. I've been under the impression that Ceann was an auto equip amazing item.
    Last edited by mmoc601899f8ff; 2017-10-02 at 07:22 AM.

Would really appreciate some thoughts on this. I've been under the impression that Ceann was an auto equip amazing item.
    It is, but your expectations are higher than reality, probably because it's easy to forget how many times they've been nerfed over the course of the expansion. Swapping out a same stat epic for Ceann is a good 5% increase, but that's not what you're doing.

You're losing one of your highest ilevel pieces (930 hat), replacing a socket with worse itemized tier (gloves), and gaining a poorly itemized/lower ilevel belt in return. Legendaries are strong, but they aren't always going to outweigh raw stats and ilevel either.