Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that is a good idea seeing as how they have a National Healthcare as we do, however the only penalty, I feel should be is that once you KNOW about the ill effects of a life style if you don't change then you should pay more in for your healthcare on a individual level.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Who gets to decide what counts as 'unhealthy'? How exactly are you going to go about 'banning' foods? How are you going to manage to justify it? Do you really think the Supreme Court is going to uphold the legislation, IF you some how manage to get a law passed?
    Tennislice is in Canada. If they want to do whatever weird nanny-state shit that's on them. I can't imagine living in a country where the government tells you what snacks and foods you can or cannot eat.

Deleted
    Wonder if I should start posting 150 Finnish threads about the goings on in Finland every single day. Feels weird that a mostly European forum is being bombarded with completely irrelevant stuff from Canada constantly. The US I'd understand, but Canada? Come on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but chips and chocolate are a crucial part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Wonder if I should start posting 150 Finnish threads about the goings on in Finland every single day. Feels weird that a mostly European forum is being bombarded with completely irrelevant stuff from Canada constantly. The US I'd understand, but Canada? Come on.
    Aww, it's his thing. Without him, almost everyone here wouldn't even remember Canada exists most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sorry but chips and chocolate are a crucial part of life.
    And they're totally ok to have in moderation, all anyone (I hope) ever asks is that you balance it with your lifestyle.

Anecdotal example: I used to constantly order Large Pizza's and/or Fast Food, about daily. After realizing the effect it was having on my weight and overall health, I scaled back until I found something I could sustain while still enjoying the things I love. As a result I'm healthier and am losing weight at a healthy pace (haven't reached my goals yet)

Oh look, one of Tennis' monthly (is it monthly?) health threads.

You know what that means!

Time for me to treat myself with a burger from Five Guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Tennislice is in Canada. If they want to do whatever weird nanny-state shit that's on them. I can't imagine living in a country where the government tells you what snacks and foods you can or cannot eat.
    with a public funded healthcare system, makes sense the government would be trying to reducing costs by setting people up for a lifetime of not being fat fucks. the products can still be sold, just not advertised. think of any add for fruit roll ups or gushers, they always have kids in them
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think that is a good idea seeing as how they have a National Healthcare as we do, however the only penalty, I feel should be is that once you KNOW about the ill effects of a life style if you don't change then you should pay more in for your healthcare on a individual level.
    So corporations get no penalty for selling stuff with known ill effects? Just the people buying them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So corporations get no penalty for selling stuff with known ill effects? Just the people buying them?
    Oh no I am on bored with that too, if Phillip Morris had to cough up money to remedy the harm from their purposeful manipulations to get people addicted and Sick, I have no problem with doing the same with other corporations. In general my opinion is that people have to take personal responsibility too. However, the responsibility always had to lay with those that know or knew better and acted against the best interest of society.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of triggered conservatives in here who don't seem to understand the goal here. You can still buy and eat all the junk food you want, as can your kids - ads just shouldn't be targeted at kids. That's all.

You can have a Doritos commercial on your football, you can't have a Mars Bar ad during Dora The Explorer: because it gives kids an unhealthy expectation of what is food - where they can name every type of candy bar, but only a couple fruits.

There are literally no rights being removed here - just a change in messaging when marketing to kids.

But yea, that's national communism
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    There are a lot of triggered conservatives in here who don't seem to understand the goal here. You can still buy and eat all the junk food you want, as can your kids - ads just shouldn't be targeted at kids. That's all.

You can have a Doritos commercial on your football, you can't have a Mars Bar ad during Dora The Explorer: because it gives kids an unhealthy expectation of what is food - where they can name every type of candy bar, but only a couple fruits.

There are literally no rights being removed here - just a change in messaging when marketing to kids.

But yea, that's national communism
    I myself have no issue with that. I was arguing more with Tennis' inane assertion they should outlawing foods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I myself have no issue with that. I was arguing more with Tennis' inane assertion they should outlawing foods.
    Well ya, no argument there
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yeah control what they eat, that's actually communism. Eventually they can only eat grass and starve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, Um You already have no real control over what you eat and how you are fed, unless you take a rifle out every night and go hunting your meal on your own property. Maybe your own Island.

And we already outlaw foods, hell we outlaw pets, we even try to outlaw people. So the controls are already in place, the question here for me is, why not serve the over all better good.

Hahaha, Um You already have no real control over what you eat and how you are fed, unless you take a rifle out every night and go hunting your meal on your own property. Maybe your own Island.

And we already outlaw foods, hell we outlaw pets, we even try to outlaw people. So the controls are already in place, the question here for me is, why not serve the over all better good.
    Lots of people grow their own food in their backyards, only apartment dwellers have no say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Lots of people grow their own food in their backyards, only apartment dwellers have no say.
    You are not going to grow your own Twinkies and feed yourself. We also have good reasons for why we have supermarkets and industries that exist to make food or deliver that to us.

The point I am making is your ignorant notion is nonsense. Because you operate on the premise that what you eat isn't already control and manipulated for you already. The problem is however is that as a society of people are are supposed to actually care about one another, because hell what happens over there, does effect us here. That yes, there should be banned foods or restrictions, and it isn't unreasonable to suggest that.

Especially when it concerns kids, and the knowledge we KNOW now as to how some products can damage children who later become adults who guess what, NEED medical care, that we all have to pay for one way or another.

You are not going to grow your own Twinkies and feed yourself. We also have good reasons for why we have supermarkets and industries that exist to make food or deliver that to us.

The point I am making is your ignorant notion is nonsense. Because you operate on the premise that what you eat isn't already control and manipulated for you already. The problem is however is that as a society of people are are supposed to actually care about one another, because hell what happens over there, does effect us here. That yes, there should be banned foods or restrictions, and it isn't unreasonable to suggest that.

Especially when it concerns kids, and the knowledge we KNOW now as to how some products can damage children who later become adults who guess what, NEED medical care, that we all have to pay for one way or another.
    Your comment is ignorant nonsense. If you have any land, you can and should grow food. Grow it and can it or whatever else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Your comment is ignorant nonsense. If you have any land, you can and should grow food. Grow it and can it or whatever else.
    Interesting land, really everybody has land, and what about those that don't own this or that land, and what about the millions of others that are going to come along both related and unrelated?

No your notion is ideal based on if this was the 1800's, it's not. It's also a good thing we move passed that way in thinking otherwise the so called folk who cling to this survival of the fittest BS wouldn't be here.

Interesting land, really everybody has land, and what about those that don't own this or that land, and what about the millions of others that are going to come along both related and unrelated?

No your notion is ideal based on if this was the 1800's, it's not. It's also a good thing we move passed that way in thinking otherwise the so called folk who cling to this survival of the fittest BS wouldn't be here.
    What about them?, they better get their own piece of land.