Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Has climate change science morphed into a religion?.

It seems that climate change science has morphed into a quasi-religion for especially atheists and otherwise non religious people. Is climate change science paganism? and if so should there be a separation of church and state?

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-12 at 01:32 PM.

Just chumming the waters
    *snippy snip*

Infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-12 at 01:32 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It seems that climate change science has morphed into a quasi-religion for especially atheists and otherwise non religious people. Is climate change science paganism? and if so should there be a separation of church and state?
    What exactly are your qualifications for discussing climate science?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What exactly are your qualifications for discussing climate science?
    About the same as the erst of us. So should we just quash any and all discussion of it? Or anything else no one around here is an expert on?

No denial has changed into a religion....everything else is just you projecting

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    About the same as the erst of us. So should we just quash any and all discussion of it? Or anything else no one around here is an expert on?
    Right, so I have phrased the question wrong.

I should have asked whether he can quote someone who debates the standing consensus and has relevant qualifications.

Even better, I should have asked simply for evidence that climate change is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Just chumming the waters
    I have to admit I laughed, only for a second though because the question is still valid.

The eyeroll in that emote isn't nearly massive enough to encompass the stupidity of this thread.

The irony, of course, being that denial of climate change is often motivated by religious claptrap.

Why would it be locked unless were an actual religion?, if it were an actual religion it would have to be separated from state funding and made a non profit religion like everything else. Just because you repackage a pagan religion doesn't make it exempt from the laws.

No, it has only become religious for those that deny it.

Sort of like trying to explain gravity to a denier about to jump off a building, you remain rational - but the denier starts to think you are talking religion.

PS: We understand more about how climate change works than we do about how gravity works.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This is the second most stupid thing I've read.
    *snippy snip*

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-12 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No climate change isn't a religion, and no matter how hard nutjobs try to spin it as such while trying to imply some greater design madness, it still doesn't change the over whelming evidence and data.

Sure Science and scientist can and are often wrong, the most astute will freely admit so, however there is a fine line between actual working knowledge and process which too many about, and superstitious nonsense, and conjecture often parroted by folks who are just as ignorant and loud, or typically biased towards and selfish agenda, of me me me me first.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

What drugs are you on?
    It has nothing to do with religion. The fact that you mention this and link any kind of religion to atheists and non-religious (see the issue here?) people truly makes you sound stupid. You must be one of them "I believe in a creator" piece of stupid
    Anyway, have fun with your "I am god" president (you do know he believes he is above your puny god right?)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Why would it be locked unless were an actual religion?, if it were an actual religion it would have to be separated from state funding and made a non profit religion like everything else. Just because you repackage a pagan religion doesn't make it exempt from the laws.
    How about conspiracy theory? You know, those are still not allowed to be discussed, and this sure falls on that, not religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I know it seems clever to try this, but it really, really, realllyyy isn't.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, largely because the science of Global Climate Change seems pretty air tight.

Without much to counter it, other than stuff that is either dubious or merely lobbying from people who stand to lose out from doing anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

The eyeroll in that emote isn't nearly massive enough to encompass the stupidity of this thread.

The irony, of course, being that denial of climate change is often motivated by religious claptrap.

Stuff like this makes me cringe,it is close to the definition of.. cringe , and it's still being said!

I mean.. how does that way of thinking rise to a place of authority, what the *bleep* is wrong here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I know it seems clever to try this, but it really, really, realllyyy isn't.
    That's a real clever way of saying someone is an utter baffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    No, largely because the science of Global Climate Change seems pretty air tight.

Without much to counter it, other than stuff that is either dubious or merely lobbying from people who stand to lose out from doing anything about it.
    Other than its a gas we cant see or measure as individual people. We must rely on big government programs to measure this for us. Do you know what we can see?, we can see pollution like in Haiti, Nigeria, and most other 3rd world countries. No one cares about that at all, they use the ocean as a garbage dump. There is no money in actual pollution clean up though.

Deleted
    A Science with existential and real objective evidence can't turn into a religion which is a system of beliefs based on subjective experiences.

That said, I think it has become a social trend to talk about it, just like Vegetarianism or Yoga and stuff like that, People talk about it and act like they care about it for attention.