36 10.84%
  • 120- 130

56 16.87%
  • 130 and over

186 56.02%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Explain to me how IQ tests calculate intelligence and I'll tell you how it's all bullshit.
    ^ winner

Also

Wechslertest
    You scored a 27, which puts you in the 76th percentile. According to the WAIS, your IQ is 111.

Stanfordbinet
    No idea, I'm not paying 20 euros, so I will wait 24 hours.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 147 when I was tested, I don't know which test it was. I think I was 11 or 12 years old at the time, so this would be 11 or 12 years ago.

The first quote in my signature pretty much says my thoughts on the matter of intelligence in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    IQ tests are overrated. They merely measure cognitive ability.
    With that said, it is my opinion that many people in this thread are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.
    Online tests measure how well you do on online tests. They also hand out some pretty generous scores, especially if they're using a scale the extends "average" out to 139 (Cattell). (It's like bragging about fast a car is using kmh.) There's also been a bit of filtering here - proficient at operating a computer, playing an MMO, using a forum, and willing to take the test in the first place probably excludes 80% of the general population right from the start.

That said, the number of people in this thread that have actually sat through a professionally-administered IQ test can probably be counted on your fingers. The online ones are far more entertaining.
    Last edited by Z-Man; 2017-06-14 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the highest IQ. The best IQ. Huge.

Have to wonder if it isn't the testing that's over-rated.
    Having a high IQ hasn't meant a fat lot of good to those that have it.
    And if one is a classic dick-head...it's a coin-toss as to whether she or he uses his/her intelligence well.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Online tests measure how well you do on online tests. They also hand out some pretty generous scores, especially if they're using a scale the extends "average" out to 139 (Cattell). (It's like bragging about fast a car is using kmh.) There's also been a bit of filtering here - proficient at operating a computer, playing an MMO, using a forum, and willing to take the test in the first place probably excludes 80% of the general population right from the start.

That said, the number of people in this thread that have actually sat through a professionally-administered IQ test can probably be counted on your fingers. The online ones are far more entertaining.
    Dunning-Kruger effect is in full swing in this thread, believe me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I took a test when I was younger, maybe 6 or 7, I scored a 127 or 128 I think. I remember the lady overseeing my test eating lunch, and since I hadn't eaten I asked if I could also take a lunch break. She said no, which was very upsetting to me and I rushed through the latter portion of the test so I could go eat.