Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    anyone else doublecheck that it said HIGHSCHOOL ?

I'm surprised by not just the technical quality of the art, but of the light touch it relays the satire.

Especially given the baited prompt of "America takes a selfie". The elements really do show a good picture of America at present... and I'm not really sure why its so "offensive" that it had to be taken down.

Maybe the bigger problem is why the President's words are so offensive that they can't be shown in a public school ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Yes...educate the youngins that the Great Leader cannot be mocked!

#MAGA#whitegenocide#TheSouthWillRiseAgain something something.
    If someone had painted a picture of Obama as a baboon doing something everyone would have cried racism.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Man, people will really make a topic about anything as long as it portrays Trump negatively in their opinion. How did you even find this story?
    It's not at all difficult to portray Trump in a negative light. He frequently makes himself look like a horse's ass and he's polling at 34% popularity.
    Beta Club Brosquad

that painting is awesome, anyone have a picture of the other painting mentioned in the article?

the family needs to make a gofundme or w/e social media site and start selling these as shirts, cash in on the publicity... but also it's a fucking kick ass picture
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Such subtlety, destined to be a political cartoonist.
    Looks like a European political cartoon really.

The humour is too abstract and it didn't have speech bubbles or a big sign saying "US foreign policy" etc over the metaphorical parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    When Grant Berardo, a junior at Wall Township High School in Wall, New Jersey, recently opened his yearbook, he noticed something different about the T-shirt he was wearing in his school photo.The "TRUMP: Make America Great Again" lettering on his shirt had been digitally removed.
    Probably to spare him the embarrassment a few years down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    Not to hijack your thread OP, but your post reminded me of something I earlier read about a NJ school and censorship with respect to Trump:

When Grant Berardo, a junior at Wall Township High School in Wall, New Jersey, recently opened his yearbook, he noticed something different about the T-shirt he was wearing in his school photo.The "TRUMP: Make America Great Again" lettering on his shirt had been digitally removed.

Continue reading here:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/11/us/tru...ook/index.html
    It seems schools are trying to keep current politics out of school to avoid the poisonous nature of the recent election. Same goes for the OP's story as well.

Deleted
    Wow, a burning flag and everything. Controversial! Represents the eternal battle between good and eeevil! And defiance.

On that note, anyone have that picture of him riding a missile?

Polarization of politics is for private schools, not public schools. I'm sure if you went to a more liberal area, and someone made a painting that showed Trump in a positive light it would also be taken down. It feels like a game of go, where each side is just trying to control more of the board. You have schools in Texas not teaching critical thinking because it causes kids to disobey their parents. Then you have teachers being fired in New York for sharing their opinion.

Schools' ideals aren't determined by the people attending them, but rather by the politicians who are giving them money. But no, it's the OTHER guy who's a sheep
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Well, to be fair submitting a painting of Obama as a chimp hanging from a tree with a banana would be equally as offensive. You could have entitled the painting "Commander-In-Chimp" It's either ok to mock the President in the same fashion or it's not.

Honestly, it's a great painting. Hopefully, the kid sells it for thousands of dollars, and pays for some of his college. The school was completely in the wrong on that one.

you shouldn't be allowed to disagree with or satirize the president

10+ Year Old Account
    Also in NJ. A few students during their year book photos wore trump shirts, and had Trump quotes as their yearbook quotes. These were edited out, and it caused quite the stir.

http://www.nj.com/education/2017/06/...arbook_ph.html
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Isn't art supposed to be controversial? o_O?
    Only to those who want to create controversy. Art should be inspirational and sign of great skill of projecting a subject, without relying on controversy. Then again, art is also in the eye of the beholder. I find the painting of this topic a crude attempt at getting attention and not any sign of skill in the field of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    you shouldn't be allowed to disagree with or satirize the president
    Counter-argument: The ability to publicly disagree with or poke fun at the President is a cornerstone of American freedom of expression.

So you no longer can make fun of your presi... i mean your supreme leader . such progress, such greatness!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Counter-argument: The ability to publicly disagree with or poke fun at the President is a cornerstone of American freedom of expression.
    There is plenty of that going on in the US. No need for concern there. lol. The only thing I think is disgusting however and crosses the line of expressing one's opinion and goes into the realm of shit trash, is when one depicts the execution of our President. Such a thing was also done to Obama when images of him were shown which showed a dummy being hung. Absolutely crossed the line.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have the feeling that caricature will see far more coverage now that it has been banned.

The internet (and social network) is a strange thing, the more you try to suppress something, the more popular it becomes.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with this Painting. It's freedom of expression. But when the Left constantly tries to ban things or get art taken down as well, it's a tad hypocritical for them to cry about this.