Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've had Twin Frozr cards and I think the two FTWs I've had (760 and 970) are both far superior in build quality, actually.
    Ya ACX is when they started getting better, my last card was a 760 ssc. Talking prior to that.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ya ACX is when they started getting better, my last card was a 760 ssc. Talking prior to that.
    I had two MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr and Both where DOA. So i went with Gigabyte Windforce 3x and i never looked back again
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I had two MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr and Both where DOA. So i went with Gigabyte Windforce 3x and i never looked back again
    Ya honestly giga had the best coolers for quite a few years, i just didnt like the blue PCB's and i felt the fans were less than quality. THat is actually one area EVGA has stepped up in, their fans are the best on the market now, and were the first to put on dust proof bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    *durpsnip*
    I think that "depending what kind" part you said was the operative point.

Gigabyte cards.

completely fuckin covered in oil

not supposed to be covered in oil.

(s)Super awesome QA testing and inspection of product.(/s)

/subject
    Last edited by Kazlehoff; 2017-06-19 at 04:55 AM.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    I think that "depending what kind" part you said was the operative point.

Gigabyte cards.

completely fuckin covered in oil

not supposed to be covered in oil.

(s)Super awesome QA testing and inspection of product.(/s)

/subject
    I admit, that is very odd. But that doesn't mean QA is shit or anything. Like with most products, you test a random sample. If the error that caused the oil happened right after one sample, but the next sample was 1000 away, there's 999 or so cards that went out prior to them seeing the one. Shit happens, It doesn't mean all their cards are crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of build quality and reliability my MSI Twin Frozr blows the others away, but EVGA are hard to beat for customer care. Speak of the devil just a few posts up is someone also saying he thinks Twin Frozr are better built. I see another guy who had 2 arrive DOA. That's unfortunate. Either very unlucky or indicative of a deeper problem with that specific batch, or retailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    In terms of build quality and reliability my MSI Twin Frozr blows the others away, but EVGA are hard to beat for customer care. Speak of the devil just a few posts up is someone also saying he thinks Twin Frozr are better built. I see another guy who had 2 arrive DOA. That's unfortunate. Either very unlucky or indicative of a deeper problem with that specific batch, or retailer.
    Both times it was the pins, to the jumpers on top of the cards that was broken, so it fucked up the voltage on the cards
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Uh oh my girlfriend has an EVGA 980Ti.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Uh oh my girlfriend has an EVGA 980Ti.
    And there's less than a .1% chance it'll blow up/catch fire.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And there's less than a .1% chance it'll blow up/catch fire.
    So you're telling me there's a chance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    So you're telling me there's a chance
    There's a chance for every GPU manufacturer to have a lemon, doesn't mean they're all going to be lemons.

There's a chance mmo-champion will be shut down tomorrow, it's really low, but it's there.

See what I'm getting at?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    But that doesn't mean QA is shit or anything.]
    wtf dude lol it means EXACTLY that! if QA didn't see big OIL spots on cards there is a problem. this isn't something simple like golf balls. physical inspection should be occurring for every card, by person or computer algorithm.

hell they inspect most things by computer now.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    wtf dude lol it means EXACTLY that! if QA didn't see big OIL spots on cards there is a problem. this isn't something simple like golf balls. physical inspection should be occurring for every card, by person or computer algorithm.

hell they inspect most things by computer now.
    On the actual silicon, both by nvidia before it gets shipped and by gigybyte before it gets placed on a board? Yes. Every single actual card leaving the factory though. I seriously doubt every singe one is hand inspected. Maybe by a computer, but a computer might not see that oil.

I never had a single problem with an EVGA/ASUS graphics card, yet for some reason, I'm always facing a problem or two whenever I decide to get one from Gigabyte or MSI. Weird how this works.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I never had a single problem with an EVGA/ASUS graphics card, yet for some reason, I'm always facing a problem or two whenever I decide to get one from Gigabyte or MSI. Weird how this works.
    Weird how I have a Gigabyte in my PC right now that has never given me any issues at all, my wife has one in her PC and my best friend has an MSI that has never given him issues either. Yet all 3 of us have has issues with ASUS cards in the past. Weird how this works.

Anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. It means nothing. I once had 2 DOA ASUS Graphics card in a row. First one dead, sent it back for replacement, second one dead. I still recommend and would buy ASUS products. They make great stuff. Everyone screws up now and then. It happens.

Yeah. Oh no, wait!

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yeah. Oh no, wait!

Yeah, and? It;s also the first line in my post, I have a Gigabyte right now. I can assure you that at the time I purchased it, I purchased it because it was $10-15 cheaper than the equivalent ASUS and it suited my needs. Brand did not come in to it, just price. If the ASUS had been cheaper the week I was purchasing(it was 2 weeks later) I would have bought it. I am thinking of new GPUs for my wife and I next year as well, and I can assure you that it will be the cheapest xx70 between the top 4-5 major brands. If you check my post history at the time, I was actually heavily recommending ASUS Strix cards around that time as well. Just because I have a Gigabyte because it was cheaper at the time does not mean I would not buy an ASUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Oh no, wait!

This is seriously: dumb and pointless, it means nothing.

Wow, he owns a Gigabyte GPU, seriously, who cares? That doesn't mean he secretly prefers Gigabyte, it fit his needs at the time. Who gives a damn? You? Why?
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Oh no, wait!

Did you not read his first line?

Asus makes good cards
    MSI makes good cards
    EVGA makes good cards
    Gigabyte makes good cards

And some times they fuck up. It happens to all of the companys

I have had Tseng 4000, Matrox, VooDoo 3dfx, ATI, Asus, Zotac, MSI (both dead), XFX, Palit, Sapphire. Some where better then others and right now and for the past years i have had Gigabyte, but i can still recommend other brands, but for now im happy with Gigabyte myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they all make good cards and they all make mistakes. Some make more mistakes than others. Some fix their mistakes better than others.

It depends on what you put more weight in: How likely you are to encounter a mistake, or how easy it will be to deal with when the mistake happens.

Personally I don't care how easy it will be to deal with, I would rather have a higher chance to avoid the mistake completely.