Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Community manager in the video games industry is by FAR the worst job I ever had.
    Did I insult you before?

Deleted
    Out of all, plastic factory was worst. Standing silent next to a conveyor belt every day for 8 hours. No chances on talking to other employees. Shit salary also.

My starting position for the same store I'm still working for; basic store associate. Involved mostly customer service, mostly OKish people but there are the few that makes me question society.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Retail. Nuff said.

The root of my deep hatred for mankind.
    I worked at a Toys R Us for 5 long,miserable years doing practically everything from floor to warehouse and I second this sentiment. There would be days that I would wish waking up and finding out that the store I worked in burned down while a whole bunch of customers were still inside.

working on lumbermill as a... hmm... database-creating-human but in MSOffice Excell
    and IT-consulting... just "hey mate its broken i dont do nothing yes yes its not my fault ITS JUST BORKEN ON ITSELF"
    Last edited by Mai4; 2017-06-13 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    I worked in a pet store for a little while. It was really bad because you'd have to kill animals that looked sick. You would sometimes be expected to kill sick fish by freezing them and the store got refunds if they collected enough corpses. It may seem kinda funny like "LOL killing a $3 fish makes you sad" but it's just something about being expected to nonchalantly end another creature's life even though there was medicine right there on the shelves that could save them. Something as simple as ick was enough to be their death sentence in the freezer. They'd try to save the rodents, but they'd usually kill them too. I was expected to sell cute little mice to people to be fed to snakes who were themselves suffering, probably held captive in some teenager's cage. Place has literally given me bad dreams.
    I sympathize with you. Id probably lose my soul if I ever had to do that to any animal.

Summer job before college-
    12 hour night shift in a factory where you could barley keep up unless you were on drugs and in fact the employee of the month was a meth head who I overheard suggesting to a kid that was worried about failing his drug test for pot to use meth as it leaves your system faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had many jobs, I probably liked Baskin Robbins the least, bastards wanting their samples... getting stuck in the walk-in freezer, children, *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I sympathize with you. Id probably lose my soul if I ever had to do that to any animal.
    sorry but i even don't undersatnd that kind of people like "i can eat that but i cant see what is going on with them"
    why you dont care about flowers? it's alive too

I worked in Billing Support briefly for one of the big cable companies in the US. They pressured us to lie about everything, including how much you owed and if you were behind, to get people to pay more, and if we got caught, we were to offer them discounts or credits on their bills, then often rescinding the discount or credit after they hung up. My bosses were brutal screaming assholes who tried to bully and break the people working under them, it was like something you'd see on TV or in a movie, and nothing you'd expect in a real corporate office.

I quit after a month, deciding I'd rather be homeless than be harassed or continue to have to scam people and worry about being part of a legal battle if someone in the gov't got antsy about it. I ended up lucking into a much less stressful job closer to home a week later.

I heard that this company has cleaned up their practices a bit after the threat of multiple class actions, but not by much.

My second bad job was working for my Dad, well I was actually hired by a temp service/job finder agency and funnily enough I got put into my dad's office fresh out of high school as a clerk. He was surprised when I showed up from the agency. My dad went out of his way to treat me to no different than the other clerks, which is to say he was polite, but it was the other supervisors who were jerks and went out of their way to try and torture me because of my dad being the senior to them and quite a hard ass. I could put up with their bullshit, but it was the fact that the company made us work 14-16 hours with one 30 min break in a unheated in winter/unair conditioned in summer box with equipment that was 20 years out of date and would break down 3-4 times a shift that was stressful. People would come in demanding the tracking or stock summaries and we'd have to quickly type it out or hand write it out from written records that were up to 12 hours old, just to get yelled at because it wasn't a print out from within the hour. We all had desks but rarely sat at them during these long shifts, as all the old equipment was on long chest high to me shelves around the edge of the room, and most of it needed constant tending to make sure it didn't jam, freeze up, or do something else stupid.

One day, my dad came in and said "What exactly are you trying to prove here, staying so long? Just quit and get a better job." It was only then I'd realized that 10 months had passed working for peanuts at a job I'd thought I'd have for 2-3 months, tops. The long shifts kept me from noticing the passage of time...I went in the next day and gave my notice to my boss, who screamed at me so hard he got spit spray on my face. He then told me to pack up and go home, they wouldn't need me for that last 2 weeks. When I got back to my desk, security was already arriving to watch me clean it and my locker out, and they then walked me to my car. I was getting the same treatment as someone who'd stolen from the company, probably some sort of attempt to shame either me or my dad. My dad came home and told me he also got called into the office to be yelled at by his boss, to which he told his boss to shove it, as I am my person, and I was heavily over worked and under paid. My dad continued to work there in his own version of hell til he retired, which is when they tried to screw him out of his agreed upon pension and other retirement benefits. This company still exists, is well known in the mid Atlantic area of the USA, and tries to sell itself as a family business run by a cute old grandma...A cute old grandma I once saw push a grown man down and smack with her cane while calling the guy racial slurs. As far as I know, they still treat employees the same way.

They make some quality food products, though, some of it is hard to find ethnic foods that you just can't get elsewhere in this area. It makes it hard to fully boycott them like I'd like to. =/ Ah well, I guess I'm amoral for food.
    Last edited by undeadmoon; 2017-06-13 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Farming gold..
    What does farming gold have to do with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    What does farming gold have to do with this thread?
    Enjoying that sweet content Worst job ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Well worst in terms of what or overall?

If its the worst for specifics then its being hired as a cleaner at the nudie booth. Which i worked for a day and quit.

However overall it was security at a meat processing plant that was run by crooks who exploited a lot of undocumented workers and cut lots of corners it terms of federal safety requirements. They also had to change family members as owners because they got busted bribing food inspectors.

But the pay for me was ok. But yeah it was gross changed how Iviewed meat. These guys had contracts with some surprising chain stores.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Enjoying that sweet content Worst job ever
    You are really going out of your way to bait people aren't you?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working hours doing the crappy work that the unionized people working for the companies that hired the group I worked for wouldn't do without a fat bonus.

Cleaning out oil cisterns (and diesel). Demands full hazmat suit, full gas-mask which makes me claustrophobic. In the worst case, with very unprocessed product you need to work in ideally 70 degrees. It it drops below 50 the oil becomes so tick it's practically solid. When you walk trying to push it towards the drainage pipe in the middle.
    Easiest cistern work I had was washing one that had been filled with diesel. Work only demanded a half mask (no visor) and it wasn't any temperature difference. Just loads of water.

The worst of the worst was the Carbon Black factory. Just normal work there was no biggy. Changing lights, cleaning, etc. Getting clean? Yeah, that was the only place were I've ever gotten paid for 30 minutes of "washing" time. And even after that STILL not been 100% clean.
    So worst job I've done? Changing the filters above the combustion chamber. Dark room with no lights, thankfully I was on the day shift so we had light out doors, the room being easily 50 degrees even when it was cooled down. And then just the Carbon Black itself going everywhere even when working in resistant clothing.

All of the above work was with minimum 12 hour shifts. Even if there was rest due to temperature forcing them to be needed. (I'm sure the boss would have made us work without any rests had it not been for the people who employed his services not wanting people to fall dead when working for them).
    - Lars

Deleted
    McDonalds.

I personally thought the work was fine, but the people were terrible.
    When you were the runt everyone kept bossing you around and liked piling up tasks with impossible time limits because most people that end up making a carrier working at McDonalds are "failures" (in Sweden at least) that have ended up in that situation because they were careless assholes to begin with.

The students that work there though are nice, unfortounately they aren't in charge.

Telemarketer for a lawnmowing business. I felt like I was harassing people and, back then, that made me uncomfortable.

Sales.
    I was literally throwing up every night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two shit jobs in two common fields, food service and retail.

Retail was horrible because I'm just not a good salesman and wasn't interested in improving. Add that with annoying/rude customers and it's just a nightmare.

Food service.. well I was a fry cook for a fried chicken joint. Easy work but coming home every day with new oil burns and covered in all sorts of nasty crap from raw chicken mixed with blood, flour and whatever else was not fun. It also made me hate fried chicken for awhile which is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I did that job for 3 months, right out of high school while awaiting to go to college, man dd it suck! You hardly got breaks and you worked while you ate, it was hot as hell and the press didn't stop until they put on new plates. I had to job up the paper and load then up on pallets, I had paper cuts/rashes all up and down my forearm. The positive on this job was it inspired me to do good in school.
    Man, it sure motivated me as well. That was one lousy summer. I left after I fainted when sent to clean the machine - it was 35C outside (about 95F) but way more inside the machine.
    The single fond memory is when we got a grand summer storm, the kind you can feel building up all day. It broke maybe an hour into the shift and a lightning strike managed to reset the press. Foreman cussed a lot then said the shift's cancelled on account of rebooting so we should all go get some sleep instead.