Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Sales.
    I was literally throwing up every night.
    The hell were you selling?

I was a delivery driver for a while. I didn't mind the delivering. It was the paying for my own gas in my own car and my own repairs to drive around for 8 hours/shift at barely over minimum wage.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working as a camp counselor at a place in the Midwest that did week long camp sessions.

White kids from the richer schools were fed different portions and food options than the black kids from urban centers because, as the owner put it, the parents of white kids were more likely to donate to the camp in addition to the subsidies they were being supplied by the school districts.
    White kids = three hot meals prepped with lots of options and a couple of snacks every day, without fail.

Black kids = take this loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter and have the little n's figure it out. Nothing says awesome like one loaf of bread and one jar of peanut butter between a dozen growing boys and girls.

It was disgusting.

Managing a Call center.

NOT because of customers.

Because of employees. Those entitled little shits. You want a perfect example to let me list the demands made here on a weekly basis.

•Hey, I just got a second job that directly conflicts with this job but I need you to change my schedule around completely. Oh, and btw since you DID change my schedule around now it doesn't necessarily work so well for me anymore so I want my old schedule back. What do you mean that schedule slot is given away I have seniority....

•That's not fair it was only 1 third party site you caught me on watching movies and ignoring customers I demand to have an HR meditator present.

•You're punishing me for being sick, no we're punishing you because you used all your sick days, all your pto, and all your extra holidays and have no been absent from work for roughly 1 month and a half.

Seriously entitled jerks.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    My worst job?

Well, to code something in Cobol. I hate that ancient language.

When Korad Zuse died, Cobol died with him. Still it existed as an undead for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The hell were you selling?

I was a delivery driver for a while. I didn't mind the delivering. It was the paying for my own gas in my own car and my own repairs to drive around for 8 hours/shift at barely over minimum wage.
    At one point we sold over 250 containers of drugs ( rejected by the FDA) to a CIS country.
    And sad part was that going in I thought my family are very good people, working hard to make money...

Cleaning my aunt's house. She pays relatively well, but...

She's basically a hoarder and she's got no idea how to clean a house. She had me spend days trying to scrub several year old dog piss stains off her carpet by hand (when she has a freaking carpet cleaner) while dodging stacks of boxes and other junk every time I walk across the room. Or I'd scrub her countertops while moving piles of old disposable plastic containers (washed at least) from section to section. She's got so much shit that there's nowhere to put anything and she won't throw anything away.

Even then it wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the constant string of lectures that woman gave me. She's convinced I have Aspergers (she was a school psychologist so not without some justification). She wants me to get tested so I can get help. Then it's my acne. Then it's my political views (never mind that she doesn't even know my political views). Then it's my finances. Then it's my worldview. It never stops.

I've tried working for her twice. This last time I wound up ticking her off. She calls me up, wanting me to come over right now to help with something. The lectures started before I could even get off the phone. I told her what I thought her constant criticisms. Now she's giving me the silent treatment (or at least she claimed she was...).

The worst part is, she absolutely does not see it. She's convinced that she's never been critical of anyone in her life. She can't even see how giving someone acne medicine for their birthday isn't going to be seen as a compliment (and she apparently really did mean it as one). Or why I don't appreciate being told how lucky I am just because I'm not a (dead) quadriplegic she knew (if you knew my story, you'd get that why. Hint: it ends with my mother dying of cancer a few years back).