Question Why is it ok to post on multiple accounts?

In one of the game forums someone started a thread and had a conversation with himself in it on one of his other accounts. This person has been caught out before and it's obvious to anyone with a brain that it's the same person. However, these accounts are never permanently banned.

Why is this behaviour tolerated? This is genuinely the only forum I know of where posting on different accounts does not result in a permanent ban.

It's not ok.. unless you are one of the pet-tro-... posters.

Try doing it and see where it gets you!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    In one of the game forums someone started a thread and had a conversation with himself in it on one of his other accounts. This person has been caught out before and it's obvious to anyone with a brain that it's the same person. However, these accounts are never permanently banned.

Why is this behaviour tolerated? This is genuinely the only forum I know of where posting on different accounts does not result in a permanent ban.
    Presumably the moderators can see IP, so if it was truly the same person it would not be allowed. It's also covered on the rules page. http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...mrules_evading
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Things get missed sometimes. I know on other sites people do this because they are selling something. But on here it seems to be to make people think the topic is important/interesting/relevant. It's a lack of self-esteem.

It's not. Please report it when you see it and we'll look into it.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara