Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sounds like Sony is acting out a big baby.
    The argument these apologist use falls down to ''well Sony can be a dick if they want to''

I did this before and I will do it again, this should be reason enough and not something from 4 years ago during a different generation.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The argument these apologist use falls down to ''well Sony can be a dick if they want to''

I did this before and I will do it again, this should be reason enough and not something from 4 years ago during a different generation.
    Its done been explained to you why they are not doing it and "Sony can be dick's" wasn't what was said.

Also once more for the one million time, Sony does do Cross-Play and they was doing it first even this gen. At this point you are just ignoring posts that prove you wrong just to spew bullshit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Highly doubt that when the console has sold 60 million units and is still climbing. Only cross game play I really play on that is FF14.

Off-topic question : Anyone who has an external drive on the ps4, does it work like the internal? So I plug it in, download games on the external instead of internal, and it shows up on the home screen and can just start the game and thats it? Or is the external for backup purposes only?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I dont think it will hurt this gen, but next gen it might if crossplay becomes big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If that's the opinion you have came up with then its clear u haven't read the topic at hand.
    I have and literally all the reasons can easily be circumvented. Giving just the example of Minecraft doesn't make cross play not happening for other games ok.

The reason sony gave was utter bullshit.

Whatever the real reason sony is doing it, the practice is anti-consumer regardless of how successful the ps4 is.

I think a lot of the ps4 users need to come to terms with the fact that literally the only reason sony isn't allowing things like this and backwards compatibility is because more money goes into their pockets instead of going towards making a better user experience for their playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I have and literally all the reasons can easily be circumvented. Giving just the example of Minecraft doesn't make cross play not happening for other games ok.

Whatever the real reason sony is doing it, the practice is anti-consumer regardless of how successful the ps4 is.

I think a lot of the ps4 users need to come to terms with the fact that literally the only reason sony isn't allowing things like this and backwards compatibility is because more money goes into their pockets instead of going towards making a better user experience for their playerbase.
    How can Microsoft requiring Minecraft PS4 users to use an Xbox Live account be circumvented on Sony's side? Microsoft are the ones being unreasonable here, not Sony. As shown countless times in this thread, Sony has always been a proponent of cross play. Just not when the other platforms have unreasonable conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Sony isn't doing it because they are not going to bow down to the way Microsoft wants it done.

Sony has been Pro-Crossplay since the PS2, The issue is Microsoft. How Microsoft wants it done is the CORE reason why Final Fantasy XIV isn't on XB1.

So you clearly haven't read the thread because this has been explained countless times already.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/15/r...splay-off-ps4/

Psyonix's reaction to Sony's Jim Ryan's "for the children!" remark to blocking cross-play.

“I understand that stance. We want to take care of our players. But from our perspective, if PlayStation already allows cross-network with PC, which is the least regulated of any of the partners, then in theory, having Xbox and Switch in there should be fine. They’re a lot more regulated. From our perspective that concern is already handled. That’s taken care of. Our dream is that true cross-network play — we want it on all the platforms. It’s very important to us, for multiple reasons. One, you can have faster matchmaking. The bigger the pool, the faster the matchmaking. It benefits everybody. Two, you get better quality opponents. In a bigger pool you have better people who are closer to your location.”
    - - - Updated - - -

It's understandable if they want to block Minecraft because of the Xbox Live thing, but Rocket League?