Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Icecrown Citadel timewalking?

I hope, Blizzard make timewalking raid for Icecrown Citadel..

Black temple is the only one currently.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Baby steps. Let's see how BT goes before we go nuts. I'm assuming eventually if BT succeeds they'll do similar things. I personally would love to see Siege of Orgrimmar, Blackwing Lair and ICC timewalking raid evenutally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire Citadel Timewalking... nuff said

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Hellfire Citadel Timewalking... nuff said
    Actually, for future Draenor timewalking, Blackrock Foundry would be better choice - it lasted only few months (so people weren't sick of it), had much better design and fit more for Iron Horde theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Actually, for future Draenor timewalking, Blackrock Foundry would be better choice - it lasted only few months (so people weren't sick of it), had much better design and fit more for Iron Horde theme.
    As someone who raided that place. Fuck yes. WoD might have been awful but that Raid was amazing. Iron Maidens were awful during progression because the fight went on for so long but that was it.

Two raids I'd love to see are Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar. Two of my most favourite raids of all time.

As for Wrath I think they will do Ulduar first before anything else. It was arguably the most loved raid in Wrath and of all time. Me personally I don't think much of it but I see it happening.

It all depends on how well the BT timewalking will be received. I could eventually see them apply timewalking to all existing raids and dungeons, most likely when WoW is nearing its end. If the next expansion will be Scourge related I could see them to either turn Naxx or ICC into a timewalking raid.

Actually, if every expansion only had 1 time walking raid - what would you choose?

My choices would be -

Vanilla : Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
    TBC : Black Temple
    WotLK : Ulduar
    Cata : Firelands
    MoP : Throne of Thunder
    WoD : Blackrock Foundry

1 year of it being current content was enough for me, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Actually, if every expansion only had 1 time walking raid - what would you choose?

My choices would be -

Vanilla. Zul'gurub. I know it's not a raid anymore but well it was then.
    TBC. I'm gonna say Black Temple as well.
    WotLK. ICC for me hands down.
    Cata. Firelands.
    MoP. Sorry but it's a tie here with Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar.
    WoD. Blackrock Foundry.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As for Wrath I think they will do Ulduar first before anything else. It was arguably the most loved raid in Wrath and of all time. Me personally I don't think much of it but I see it happening.
    I think ICC. Again, fits more for WoTLK theme. They could let us collect Shadowmourne transmog or - wait for it - Frostmourne transmog for Unholy DK. Because, after Ashbringer and Doomhammer, why not?

As for Ulduar, I think it may get Karazhan treatment. If next expac is about N'zoth, Ulduar dungeon would fit for 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am kind of expecting BT Timewalking to bomb and require nerfs to mechanics.
    "But but getting glaives was so easy!" says the people who didn't do it at appropriate gear levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post

My choices would be -

AQ is just too long imo. Hell BT is close and that'll probably be cried about in terms of length if anything.

I would love Ulduar, or ICC those were really fun raids to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think ICC. Again, fits more for WoTLK theme. They could let us collect Shadowmourne transmog or - wait for it - Frostmourne transmog for Unholy DK. Because, after Ashbringer and Doomhammer, why not?

As for Ulduar, I think it may get Karazhan treatment. If next expac is about N'zoth, Ulduar dungeon would fit for 8.1.
    However, I think the issue with the end of expansion raids from WotLK onwards is that everyone burned out of them as the next expansion took far longer than Blizzard planned to deliver.

ICC may just about now be far enough out of people's mind to not mind too much about that one, and I assume no-one actually wants Dragonsoul as a timewalking raid from Cata, but I think SoO and Hellfire Citadel definitely have been burned out at the moment.

Whereas I think the mid-tier raids were not the 'relevant' content for anywhere near as long so people are more likely to be interested in them again.

Black Temple is different because it was gated behind an attunement for most of the expansion - so that meant that a lot of players never really got to see it when it was relevant content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am kind of expecting BT Timewalking to bomb and require nerfs to mechanics.
    Why? IT's not LFR available... ahhahahhha
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    "But but getting glaives was so easy!" says the people who didn't do it at appropriate gear levels.

AQ is just too long imo. Hell BT is close and that'll probably be cried about in terms of length if anything.
    Shrug, Black Temple wasn't a very hard raid, we got into Black Temple in October 2007 after spending 2 months on Kael'thas. The first three were total gimmies. Gorefiend required a few people to be capable of tab targeting and using a pet bar. Gurtogg we killed in 7 pulls because he decided to not put fel rage on a cloth wearer, total rng boss.

Reliquary of Lost Souls was pretty hard, will they give tanks an extra action button to spell reflect deaden? More likely it'll be very lax in tuning so the mechanics won't matter. I hope the interrupts still matter.

Shahraz had basically a single mechanic and they obviously won't require shadow resist farm. Illidari Council was maybe 40 pulls for us? Don't stand in things or kill yourself on the reflect shield and press interrupt when she cast prayer of healing.

Illidan was long, but the hardest part of the fight was right near the beginning with the flames. Once you got through that the other phases really weren't very scary. The only mechanics in play were spreading out for agonizing flames/flame burst and killing parasites/shadow demons (and praying your warlock tank didn't get demons). It was hard briefly when they bugged it out during a patch and his enrage timer went to 15 minutes instead of 25 but that lasted less than a week.

Sunwell though, that shit was hard.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-06-13 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul timewalking, so now you can all see that Spine is the worst fight ever to be designed.

I guess wrath would be a pretty hard one to pick the raid from. Black temple was obvious for tbc but ulduar vs icc is tough. Ulduar is generally seen as the better raid but icc is more iconic for wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Dragon Soul timewalking, so now you can all see that Spine is the worst fight ever to be designed.
    This x1000

Id like to see more time walking raids.
    Tho i can already see whats going to happen in ICC timewalking raids...
    !!! get out of that defile !!! aww crap it's covered halve the room.
    kill the adds! don't let em drop ppl off the edge! comeon peeps save me! Fuuuuuuuu.......
    get off the edge it's going to break off. ( halve raid dies )
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P