Draught buff - 15% damage reduction now for fury, 20% for arms

With DoS getting buffed, is it viable again? Sims arent updated with this hotfix, so if I have a 900 DoS, should I continue using that over an 890 chaos tal or an 865 arcano?

I'd sim it or wait out for Archi or someone else to sim it and add it to the list of trinkets again. With only a 15% decrease it may not be aweful if you have a 900+ one.

Deleted
    It's simmable with the newest nightly build, your 900 DoS is probably pretty much tied with the chaos talisman and arcano.

For reference here's how my 895 DoS sims against similar trinkets I have:
    Haste stick 895 : 1093681 dps
    Toe Knees Promise 895 : 1092624 dps
    895 DoS with 15% nerf : 1088403 dps

Haven't simmed but live testing on M Gul'dan has my 880 Haste stat stick do better. Draught is not far behind so it might win out in ST fights.

See:

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Here's a quick breakdown of how 15% Draught ranks up. Remember, the opportunity cost is higher now, which is the reason for the below variance.

*Error range of ~+/-900 dps.

My general advice is to feel free to use it if it's your highest ilvl trinket, but if you have a competitive ilevel of any other top tier trinkets, you can just as easily do without. Keep in mind that you will not use Draught without T19 4p, so drop Draught if you trade tier for higher ilvl gear (which is plausible now), or T20.

As usual, I highly suggest you sim trinkets yourself, since these lists can shift considerably depending on your particular stats and gear level. For reference, here a comparison using my personal profile:

Turns out I was pretty spot on when I said nerfing it by any more than 20% would make it a dead trinket. 15% is fairly competitive, but not necessarily hands down best; honestly this is probably how it should have been tuned in the first place.
    Ref: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46104582

Deleted
    Is there a list for Arms as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abenbobo View Post
    Is there a list for Arms as well?
    Looking for Arms help too. Currently have 895 CoF+Socket, 880 DoS, 885 Skorp, 890 Krosus, 860 Arcano and 900 Darkmoon, but what to use?

Arms really hasn't changed. Along with having a higher nerf for Arms, losing a second on Battle Cry means Draught overlaps more of Corrupted Blood, raising its opportunity cost, which is already pretty high when using Fervor.

TLDR: It's still pretty poop for Arms.

Deleted
    Id honestly not expect it to be viable. I think these changes are just for this week, maybe few more weeks, and then they will be reverted back to the original -40% to encourage new trinket use again.

10+ Year Old Account
    with these changes my 910 DoS comes out about even with my 890 Arcano. think im gonna stick with arcano to get used to playing without DoS

Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    with these changes my 910 DoS comes out about even with my 890 Arcano. think im gonna stick with arcano to get used to playing without DoS
    Hmm, my 865 Arcanocrystal is simming 45K ahead of my 910 DoS.

Arcano stats;
    crit 15%
    haste 30%
    mastery 51%
    vers 7%

DoS stats;
    crit 13%
    haste 31%
    mastery 48%
    vers 5%

Its also surprising how much that minor enrage window reduction affects things!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    You don't have the most up to date simcraft if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    You don't have the most up to date simcraft if this is the case.
    It was off of raidbots. Says the profile was updated 14 June.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Arcano stats;
    crit 15%
    haste 30%
    mastery 51%
    vers 7%

DoS stats;
    crit 13%
    haste 31%
    mastery 48%
    vers 5%

Seems a little odd. My 880 Arcano with gem slot is outdpsing my 895 but not by any ridiculous amount. You sure you have the latest nightly build where the change got reverted to 15%? Almost seems like you're still on the one with the 40% nerf.

EDIT: Didn't see your message before this. Yea Raidbots might not have the most up to date change. I'd try using SimCraft to be sure. It's possible that you just need to set the SimC version in raidbots to Nightly as it's not defaulted to that.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-06-14 at 02:11 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Yesterday I was trying to decide about using a 905 Nightmare Egg Shell or a 910 Tiny Oozeling, but after the Nerf reduction my 900 DoS with a socket is the best again by a tiny margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Id honestly not expect it to be viable. I think these changes are just for this week, maybe few more weeks, and then they will be reverted back to the original -40% to encourage new trinket use again.
    they dont need to revert to 40% becouse T20 is already a "nerf" to DOS

Arcano stats;
    crit 15%
    haste 30%
    mastery 51%
    vers 7%

DoS stats;
    crit 13%
    haste 31%
    mastery 48%
    vers 5%

45k is extreme, something is definitely off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    they dont need to revert to 40% becouse T20 is already a "nerf" to DOS
    Indeed. Without the extra second of Enrage time, Draught loses a lot of power (~1/4 of it falls out of Enrage).