Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't get why global warming is so incredible to some people. If you really wanted to, you could do the calculations yourself. It's easy to prove Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas by modulating the amount in an enclosed space like an actual greenhouse. You can calculate how much you need to add to increase the temperature a certain amount, and get reliable results doing so. This is an easy test.

Then you need to know the total volume of air we're working with on earth. Again, something we can get the numbers for well enough. We've made a map of the entire earth for us to explore in google. We know how much surface the planet has, how high the atmosphere reaches, and can thus do the math on that.

So, you can get a pretty clear number on how much greenhouse gas needs to be added in order to do our greenhouse experiment on a global scale. And compare that to how much more than natural we're adding to it. If the numbers are insignificant by comparison, we're probably not having much impact and climate change is not our doing. But surprise: The numbers are not insignificant.

It gets a bit more complicated, as water vapor, other greenhouse gasses, and other factors have their influence. But you can prove easily that the amount of CO2 we're adding is definitely mathematically going to have consequences.

Yet another argument between facts and feelings. Moving on...

Also the Huffington Post has been a clickbait cesspool for about 3 years now. Let's also bring up Hillary and her emails and call this shit fully deflected.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So Brietbart = fake news but any other left wing liberal news organisation = gospel.

Got it.
    Just gonna generalize and deflect or you going to show examples of this supposed inaccuracies from "left wing liberal news", notice inaccuracies is all i'm asking not, blatant falsifying and twisting of the data that is shown here.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2017-06-14 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Brietbart = fake news but any other left wing liberal news organisation = gospel.

Got it.
    You do realize that the article linked is a massive breakdown of exactly how the writers at Breitbart lied and misrepresented the facts in this particular story, right? It's not being called "fake news" because it's right-wing. It's being called "fake news" because they're objectively lying about facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't get why global warming is so incredible to some people. If you really wanted to, you could do the calculations yourself. It's easy to prove Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas by modulating the amount in an enclosed space like an actual greenhouse. You can calculate how much you need to add to increase the temperature a certain amount, and get reliable results doing so. This is an easy test.

Then you need to know the total volume of air we're working with on earth. Again, something we can get the numbers for well enough. We've made a map of the entire earth for us to explore in google. We know how much surface the planet has, how high the atmosphere reaches, and can thus do the math on that.

So, you can get a pretty clear number on how much greenhouse gas needs to be added in order to do our greenhouse experiment on a global scale. And compare that to how much more than natural we're adding to it. If the numbers are insignificant by comparison, we're probably not having much impact and climate change is not our doing. But surprise: The numbers are not insignificant.

It gets a bit more complicated, as water vapor, other greenhouse gasses, and other factors have their influence. But you can prove easily that the amount of CO2 we're adding is definitely mathematically going to have consequences.

Because we live in a world where deadly diseases are coming back because people are too stupid wash their hands.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Quick you're in the ER and someone needs to Operate you have a Circus clown on the right and Neurosurgeon on the left, who do you want to try to save you?

Think fast or you're going to bleed to death.
    I don't know what type of triage training neurosurgeon's have, though that seems to be the safer bet, though what if the clown had some military medic/triage training, maybe that would be better. still, probably go with the surgeon dude without knowing details.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhh
    That's a serious burn.

Knew this thread was going places and by god it didn't disappoint.

That author is a self proclaimed satirist. The majority of his publications are in tabloids. You can't really take anything he says or writes seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    They are trying to steal the fake news crown from CNN I see...
    Nope. Breitbart has had that crown since Bannon took it over. CNN isn't even fucking close to that of Breitbart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I don't know what type of triage training neurosurgeon's have, though that seems to be the safer bet, though what if the clown had some military medic/triage training, maybe that would be better. still, probably go with the surgeon dude without knowing details.
    Good call you just broke down the difference between real and fake news, real and alternative facts.

It shouldn't be a left or right issue. Even if something is reported you don't like it's not the same as blatantly making shit up.

Don't get me wrong news crafting also bad.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Practice Genji more; your deflection game is weak.
    Of topic, but there's no more amazing moment then when Genji causes Widowmaker to head shot herself
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Good call you just broke down the difference between real and fake news, real and alternative facts.

It shouldn't be a left or right issue. Even if something is reported you don't like it's not the same as blatantly making shit up.

Don't get me wrong news crafting also bad.
    yeah, that's my thing man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't get why global warming is so incredible to some people.
    You'd think that maintaining clean air and an environment suitable for human habitation would be of somewhat greater importance than the profits of the fossil fuels industry . . .
    Putin khuliyo

5+ Year Old Account
    People in the comments section on that site are like cultists. It's bad even by right wing standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You'd think that maintaining clean air and an environment suitable for human habitation would be of somewhat greater importance than the profits of the fossil fuels industry . . .
    People are more concerned about how they are going to pay the next electricity bill rather than some mythical environmental problems centuries into the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are more concerned about how they are going to pay the next electricity bill rather than some mythical environmental problems centuries into the future.
    Those "mythical" problems aren't centuries into the future. They're here already. Without things like the Paris Agreement, we'll be seeing +2 degrees increase in global temperatures. We're already seeing more hurricanes and El Nino systems. We're already seeing loss of habitat in the Arctic and Antarctic and polar ice cap melting. We're already seeing cities trapped under thick smog.

Our electric bills will be fine, if we let this technology take over and allow the prices to drop. Or even use the government to subsidies these technologies so the prices drop.

Sticking fingers in your ears and going "LALALALALA" helps no one.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Those "mythical" problems aren't centuries into the future. They're here already. Without things like the Paris Agreement, we'll be seeing +2 degrees increase in global temperatures. We're already seeing more hurricanes and El Nino systems. We're already seeing loss of habitat in the Arctic and Antarctic and polar ice cap melting. We're already seeing cities trapped under thick smog.

Our electric bills will be fine, if we let this technology take over and allow the prices to drop. Or even use the government to subsidies these technologies so the prices drop.

Sticking fingers in your ears and going "LALALALALA" helps no one.
    Oh please, stop scaring the children.

None of the climate events that are currently happening can solely be put down to climate change, certainly not to AGW. You guys have claimed every hurricane is due to climate change and no one buys it anymore. The calamity you guys are praying for has no concrete timeframe, the best that scientists can come up with is based of questionable computer modelling. No one agrees when the end of the world will be nigh.

I'm all for cleaner air, come back to me when wind and solar is cheaper than coal or gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I take it you haven't been watching CNN in the past 5 years.....
    I have, and Breitbart still has that crown. Probably because I don't have a low enough IQ to believe their bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account

None of the climate events that are currently happening can solely be put down to climate change, certainly not to AGW. You guys have claimed every hurricane is due to climate change and no one buys it anymore. The calamity you guys are praying for has no concrete timeframe, the best that scientists can come up with is based of questionable computer modelling. No one agrees when the end of the world will be nigh.

I'm all for cleaner air, come back to me when wind and solar is cheaper than coal or gas.
    So go ahead and ignore the vast consensus of scientists around the world for the word of a few oil execs and bought politicians.

If we invest in wind and solar, the prices will go down.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

None of the climate events that are currently happening can solely be put down to climate change, certainly not to AGW.
    Only because anthropogenic factors are not every factor that makes up the climate. Which literally nobody was claiming.

The changes from usual climate patterns, though? Things like sea level rise globally, the average global temperature increase? That sort of stuff? That is down solely to anthropogenic emissions. We know this. It's known fact.

You guys have claimed every hurricane is due to climate change and no one buys it anymore. The calamity you guys are praying for has no concrete timeframe, the best that scientists can come up with is based of questionable computer modelling.
    The computer models are rigorous and mutually supportive. They have also accurately predicted warming over the last 30 years that they've been maintained. They're not in any way "questionable".

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/aeo/pdf...generation.pdf

Wind and solar have been cheaper than coal for years, and the margin between them and the most cost-effective natural gas systems is marginal at best these days. And that's before you consider the costs created by emissions by those natural gas plants.