Poll: Is modern WoW the same WoW you fell in love with?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Why would anyone do that?

I'm presenting facts. The dude writes opinions pieces based on facts...
    Holy shit ok lets delve deeper then...

By the very source you gave me it refutes everything you say as this is purely the OPINION of the AUTHOR.

Also, opinions based on facts? What kind of weird ass doublespeak is that? A fact is a fact. You can't have an opinion based on a fact and if you do you're a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    The game at its core is still the same
    The whole point of this thread is about this, and for now it seems it's clearly not the general perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I no longer have to babysit 39 retards, I only have to do that for 19.
    What's amusing is that someone else in your raid is certainly saying the exact same thing.
    Everyone is always a retard except for oneself.

By the very source you gave me it refutes everything you say as this is purely the OPINION of the AUTHOR.

Also, opinions based on facts? What kind of weird ass doublespeak is that? A fact is a fact. You can't have an opinion based on a fact and if you do you're a moron.

World of Warcraft base game (aka "Vanilla") - Nov. 23, 2004 to Jan. 15, 2007 (26 months)

12 content patches
    six five-player dungeons (I’m including each wing of multi-wing dungeons as its own instance)
    six world raid bosses
    two 40-player raids
    one 20-player raid
    two class epic quests
    many holiday events
    one world player-versus-player arena
    the player-versus-player honor system
    three player-versus-player battlegrounds
    eight full class talent revamps
    one fully overhauled zone with new quests
    weather effects
    many quality-of-life changes such as summoning stones for dungeons, battleground queuing and cross-realm battlegrounds

The Burning Crusade - Jan. 15, 2007 to Nov. 13, 2008 (22 months)

four content patches
    one five-player dungeon
    two 25-player raids
    one 10-player raid
    one player-versus-player arena
    one zone with new quests
    a bunch of new quests and quest hubs
    many quality-of-life changes, such as interface improvements, druid flight form, guild banks and a revamp to leveling from levels 20 through 60

Wrath of the Lich King - Nov. 13, 2008 to Dec. 7, 2010 (25 months)

three content patches
    four 10- or 25-player raid
    one remade 10- or 25-player raid
    four five-player dungeons
    one player-versus-player battleground
    one new quest hub
    quality of life changes including dual talent specs and the equipment manager

Catacylsm - Dec. 7, 2010 to Sep. 25, 2012 (21 months)

three content patches
    two old raids recreated as five-man dungeons
    three five-player dungeons
    two 10- or 25-player raids
    one zone with new quests (plus the special event Darkmoon Faire Island zone)
    quality of life changes such as new profession trainers, the dungeon journal, transmogrification, void storage and the raid finder

Mists of Pandaria - Sep. 25, 2012 to Nov. 13, 2014 (26 months)

four content patches
    two 10- or 25-player raids
    two world raid bosses
    over a dozen small-group scenarios
    the Brawler’s Guild and Proving Grounds features
    one player-versus-player battleground
    one player-versus-player arena
    two zones with new quests
    continuation and completion of the expansion’s legendary quest
    quality of life changes such as flexible raid difficulty and tweaks to experience gain

Warlords of Draenor - Nov. 13, 2014 to Aug. 30, 2016 (21 months)

two content patches
    one zone with new quests
    one 10- or 25-player raid
    the shipyard feature
    continuation and completion of the expansion's legendary quest
    quality of life changes such as new Blood Elf models and Twitter integration

15+ Year Old Account
    At its core, its the same game. There are certainly many differences from when I started, but the philosophy behind those changes are still the same. The developers loved Everquest and wanted to build a somewhat similar game that was much more accessible and casual friendly. They took inspiration from their own Diablo franchise and added what was the start of talent trees. They didn't want the harsh death penalties of other MMOs and just kept durability. Everything they seem to have done in each expansion going forward seems to be (talking large system changes, not story) were done with the question of "How can we make this more accessible."

So in my nearly 10 years of playing, the game has changed a lot, but still seems to have the same feel as the original. I've traded my farming for resist gear for AP, but its still a hell of a lot better than losing 10% of my level every time I die (and even de-leveling) like the FFXI world I came from before WoW released.

Let's delve even deeper

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

Deleted
    <Insert words too long to quote>
    Lets break this down then:

1. This OPINION PIECE was written a year ago off the heals of WoD, arguably one of the worst expansion packs to date. Your information is out of date.
    2. THIS IS AN OPINION PIECE. By the very words of the site you're citing from they state that it's not fact and merely the opinion of a single author. I'm not refuting the idea that you share the same opinion as him, but to attempt to use this OPINION PIECE as fact shows how much you're grasping at straws here.

Again, out of date information based on WoD which is not what we're currently playing. I'm not disputing how bad WoD was at least for me. What I'm disputing is your attempts to label opinion as fact.

It was an awesome feeling to explore the world and try classes/races for the first time, i don't feel like that anymore but it's because i already played it a lot. Ofcourse game changed in some ways but I'm sure a new player would feel like that too.

Lets break this down then:

1. This OPINION PIECE was written a year ago off the heals of WoD, arguably one of the worst expansion packs to date. Your information is out of date.
    2. THIS IS AN OPINION PIECE. By the very words of the site you're citing from they state that it's not fact and merely the opinion of a single author. I'm not refuting the idea that you share the same opinion as him, but to attempt to use this OPINION PIECE as fact shows how much you're grasping at straws here.
    Let me tell you. I have many things to grasp for. I'm just showing you a few things so you can think very hard about them before plaguing this thread with YOUR opinions.

I've presented many many facts and graphs. Where are yours?

Deleted
    Let me tell you. I have many things to grasp for. I'm just showing you a few things so you can think very hard about them before plaguing this thread with YOUR opinions.

I've presented many many facts and graphs. Where are yours?
    You've not presented anything other than an opinion piece, which is not fact even by the admission of the site you're quoting from, and information concering WoD, which I've said time and time I'm not disputing.

And if you're gunna use sub numbers as a metric which correlates to how good a game is, then by that very metric every other MMO is worse than WoW.

Also I don't need to present shit. You're the one making the claims so the burden of proof is on you. So far you've not delivered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion (World of Diablo) is the worst exp Ive ever played.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-06-14 at 04:42 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

You've not presented anything other than an opinion piece, which is not fact even by the admission of the site you're quoting from, and information concering WoD, which I've said time and time I'm not disputing.

And if you're gunna use sub numbers as a metric which correlates to how good a game is, then by that very metric every other MMO is worse than WoW.
    Oh I see. So now you're trying to derail the thread by talking about how inferior FFXIV is to WoW.

I wasn't expecting much from you in the first place

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft base game (aka "Vanilla") - Nov. 23, 2004 to Jan. 15, 2007 (26 months)

12 content patches
    six five-player dungeons (I’m including each wing of multi-wing dungeons as its own instance)
    six world raid bosses
    two 40-player raids
    one 20-player raid
    Vanilla had 3 (BWL/AQ/Naxx) 40 player raids added and 2(ZG/AQ-ruins) 20 player man raids as content patches.

Yes Tier2 technically started with Onyxia and Ragnaros but BWL was it's own titled content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Vanilla had 3 (BWL/AQ/Naxx) 40 player raids added and 2(ZG/AQ-ruins) 20 player man raids as content patches, not 2 and 1.
    Thanks. That's to show how amazing vanilla actually was.

Deleted
    Oh I see. So now you're trying to derail the thread by talking about how inferior FFXIV is to WoW.

I wasn't expecting much from you in the first place
    Didn't mention any MMOs by name lol. That's on you. All I'm doing is pointing out how sub numbers as a metric for how good a game is isn't a good metric to use.

Didn't mention any MMOs by name lol. That's on you. All I'm doing is pointing out how sub numbers as a metric for how good a game is isn't a good metric to use.
    We're dealing with people. Sub numbers when it comes to one particular game are the best metric possible.

If people leave because flying is removed, maybe flying should have stayed. You might never know if people would leave or not if it had remained because.. IT'S BLOODY GONE !!!

Deleted
    We're dealing with people. Sub numbers when it comes to one particular game are the best metric possible.

If people leave because flying is removed, maybe flying should have stayed. You might never know if people would leave or not if it had remained because.. IT'S BLOODY GONE !!!
    You claim that I'm derailing a thread based on false information yet you're suddenly bringing in the whole flying argument out of nowhere?

Right it's clear at this point you're a troll. You've provided no facts, you've clearly not read what I've said, you've accused me of things I didn't do and you're now being a hypocrite.

Have fun with someone else I'm not going to waste my time here.

That makes no sense at all.

Fact: outside temperature is 18°C
    Opinion based on fact: the weather is pleasant, I like it.

Deleted
    I rarely embrace every single aspect of anything, be it food, games, politics, movies, music, or TV series. I watch or do things based on the details I happen to like the most, or what I think are the most important in the current situation.

Sadly almost all those details have been ruined in WoW. Particularly Paladins. I rarely play all classes in games; just the few I happen to like the most. I probably wouldn't have played for so many years without Paladins; I like the classic templar/knight in shining armor ideal, a warrior, a champion of good with a deeper spiritual aspect than just brute force raging. My Paladin no longer feels like a Paladin, and no other class can replace it.

Blizzard keeps ruining a few little details with every expansion. A game is made of those details. Ruin enough small details, and you ruin the spirit of the whole game. Same applies to everything else.

The Social aspect Is gone, and It was always fun to know your realm's best guilds and players, nowdays only super famous players are known.
    Also It feels like that the MMO Genre fulfilled Itself and Is pretty old now...
    Its not that WoW is bad, Its just that the feeling of playing this game at the start was so mind boggling, when you actually realize you play Inside this world LITERALLY A FUCKING world with monsters and zones and factions and you just get filled with awe at everything you discover, I mean It truly felt like an adventure and looking forward to seeing the next zone and the challenges that awaits you at the 58-60 zones, meeting players from other factions and world pvping, It all felt so good and so new, I mean the first time I discovered world of warcraft through my friends in 2005 they showed me that the gear you acquire actually looks different on your character and there are loads of different models for gear It just blew me away, when I was at my friends house he showed me all the faction leaders and told me all the lore behind them, I heard the story of sylvanas and saw her there In her chamber with all those undead around her, just felt so incredible.

You gotta keep In mind tho that being able to play In an Interactive space online with other people was pretty new In that time, so this experience was just so great because of how everything was so god damn good, I literally hope for time travel just so I can experience that feeling again, combine that with the fact that all my friends were playing we had like 7-8 good friends playing together and helping each other, you just cant compare that to nowdays we are mostly 24-25 with actual responsibilities Its just a different time.

You literally gave me time to think how grateful I am to be a 90's kid and be there as a teen and experience the start of the world of online gaming, I just see kids nowdays and their thing is basically social media all day focused on instagram facebook and snapchat, wondering why the TV is not a freaking touch screen, when we as teens didnt had all this unneeded social anxiety and stress Instead we had fantasy adventures In world of warcraft and we lived the fucking dream.
    Now I know Its not all like that and that grown ups always think that the next generation Is unworthy etc etc, but I mean cmon If people In my class had cameras and video and could film me while I was acting all wierd potato mode, Id be fucking terrified :P

I think that the next big thing that might feel awesome and amazing like wow used to feel will be an entire new tech (VR anyone?), so yeah Im calling it now, VR online gaming Is going to be the shit when the Industry actually polish and evolve around It In the near future...

TLDR; Wow Is not the same, Its just grew old like ourselves, the MMO Genre Is not new and exciting like it was, being a 90's kid was awesome.
    Last edited by Keny; 2017-06-14 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    That makes no sense at all.

Fact: outside temperature is 18°C
    Opinion based on fact: the weather is pleasant, I like it.
    Yeah my bad it wasn't the best wording.

What I meant was having an opinion that opposes a fact.