Thread: Stat prio DA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfang View Post
    To xeddin... Sudden doom and Dark Succor has always functioned that way for using Dark Arbiter, Its no extra cost of runic power to use them and they both count as a full 45 runic power. Always, from the beginning of Dark Arbiter being a talent .. soo Level 100. You may want to practice your Dk more because that was back even when we had Breath of Sindragosa as Unholy.
    Not only for DA but also for runic corruption's procs

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    Hmm, you'd think they would have specified that somewhere
    I agree with you. Blizzard did a bad job informing us of the fact that sudden doom procs empower the valkyr. But the fact is, it does.

The shoulder is multiplicative or additive to the empower from rp?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I agree with you. Blizzard did a bad job informing us of the fact that sudden doom procs empower the valkyr. But the fact is, it does.
    I actually remember it working with DS in Frost spec when I killed mobs as well. Free DS cast would refund runes, would extend breath sometimes during Skor. TMYK

Quote Originally Posted by Andriokz View Post
    I actually remember it working with DS in Frost spec when I killed mobs as well. Free DS cast would refund runes, would extend breath sometimes during Skor. TMYK
    The point was just that the info-text of Dark Arbiter can be misguiding:

"Summon a Val'kyr to attack the target for 20 sec. The Val'kyr will gain 1% increased damage for every 1 Runic Power you spend."

I can understand why some people would interpret that sudden doom procs does not actually spend any runic power. The info of sudden doom says:

"Your auto attacks have a chance to make your next Death Coil cost no Runic Power."

So from that description i would say that if "Death Coil cost no Runic power" it is the same as Death Coil does not spend any runic power.

Blizzard should just change the description of Dark Arbiter to: "Does also include sudden doom procs." Then there would be no misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2017-06-20 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Shoulders aren't what makes DA good. Nor is the specific number of casts it does the best thing to aim for. Properly empowering DA is generally what will give you the best result. If she gets 13 casts off, but you didn't empower her well, then what was the point of those extra casts?
    Hence why stat weights more or less won't change, especially when you get one of the shadow damage trinkets from Tomb. Haste is still good but mostly rotational feel, has some breakpoints but isn't make or break.
    So would you say that the sims are incorrect atm, and that DA is best for ST regardless of legendaries ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    So would you say that the sims are incorrect atm, and that DA is best for ST regardless of legendaries ?
    Sims aren't incorrect because of that as they showed it with and without it. Just once the decision was made with the T20 profiles to include legendaries, I worked out what was best and it was shoulders/cold heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Sims aren't incorrect because of that as they showed it with and without it. Just once the decision was made with the T20 profiles to include legendaries, I worked out what was best and it was shoulders/cold heart.
    Was thinking about my own sims, when i sim my character with DA build it sims lower than when i sim it using SR (used Release 720-02, wich didnt seem to calculate Cold Heart dmg either)

I seem to infact sim about 40-50k more using CS and SR

I do not have legendary shoulders nor do i have the Convergance trinket
    - Should i still go DA build ?
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2017-06-21 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Was thinking about my own sims, when i sim my character with DA build it sims lower than when i sim it using SR (used Release 720-02, wich didnt seem to calculate Cold Heart dmg either)

I seem to infact sim about 40-50k more using CS and SR

I do not have legendary shoulders nor do i have the Convergance trinket
    - Should i still go DA build ?
    It's because you're using the 7.2 build. Use the nightly build and that has all the 7.2.5 stuff

MY T19 4pc sims a fraction higher on CS + SR than DA. As soon as I lose the 4pc bonus to equip ToS non tier pieces my DA build (779k) shows higher DPS while the CS + SR build is nowhere close at 740k

If I then choose SI as a talent it jumps up again to 790k

Using raidbots currently to test but the same on my simc nightly install on another machine
    Last edited by bunglehaze; 2017-06-23 at 11:48 AM.