Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What stacks do you get in voidform?

I was wondering how high people can get with their void stack, both with and without any cds in a raid environment, just to get a feel for what's normal!

I usually land on about 23-28 stack without any cds and 43-49 stacks with cds.

It really depends on a lot of different things.
    How many targets,
    External buffs like BL / Hero,
    Void Tendrils,
    AS,
    Movement / Mechanics, etc.

But normaly you should be fine with what you got there. It should be a bit higher in Add Cleaves.

VF duration varies a lot with cttv procs, haste rating, haste effects like bloodlust and trinkets, whether or not you play AS->crit rating etc like Chisu said.

I got 57 stacks on Star Augur in phase 2 yesterday, which definitely is above the norm. The duration of all my void forms on that fight was: 47, 49, 57, 51, 49

So I guess it's around 49 average, atleast for the first 5 Void Forms. You can get into some trouble when Mindbender and Void Torrent no longer line up with Void Form, which will happen at some point depending on rng and cooldown timing.

If you land on 23-28 stacks I'm gonna assume you play PI, which can be viable on some fights, but it seems like Mindbender is the way to go for most encounters in Nighthold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    I got 57 stacks on Star Augur in phase 2 yesterday, which definitely is above the norm. The duration of all my void forms on that fight was: 47, 49, 57, 51, 49

So I guess it's around 49 average, atleast for the first 5 Void Forms. You can get into some trouble when Mindbender and Void Torrent no longer line up with Void Form, which will happen at some point depending on rng and cooldown timing.
    With what spec were you playing when getting these high amount of stacks, i assume mindbender from your story? Im usually also around 30 and played mostly with PI. Or did you reach these amounts with AS and Mindbender? When playing with Mindbender, at how many voidform stacks do i need to activate it for the best possible outcome?

I generally hit 50 with Mindbender and VT if I VT at ~10 and MBr at 25. If I was forced to pop Mindbender late I'll use Dispersion to pause my insanity drain and let MB fill my insanity bar up, and then continue on to hit 50.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I generally hit 50 with Mindbender and VT if I VT at ~10 and MBr at 25. If I was forced to pop Mindbender late I'll use Dispersion to pause my insanity drain and let MB fill my insanity bar up, and then continue on to hit 50.
    Im really curious how you manage to get this high multiple times throughout the fight. With my current gear 900 equipped, 10,5k haste - 9,3k mastery - 4,2k crit, i manage to get 44-46 stacks and thats on a dummy without movement WITH using dispersion and mindbender. So is this just a gear issue or am i something doing wrong in the rotation...

I was topping at ~58 on the dummies in the hall yesterday while testing. Average was somewhere between 54-56. That's with them above 20% health

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    I was topping at ~58 on the dummies in the hall yesterday while testing. Average was somewhere between 54-56. That's with them above 20% health
    Any tips on how to get that high?☺️ I switched to shadowpriest as a main character and still need to learn a lot.

My current rotation reaching 44-46 stacks with leggy belt, bracers and 4-set:

Potion of prolonged power
    MB - SP - Touch - MB - Flay - enter voidform- 5x VB - 2x MB - VB - Void torrent on 9-10 stacks - 2x MB - VB .....

From that point forward I think I am doing something wrong. Where do you use mindflay as a filler because sometimes the VB or MB are just 1 GCD away before you can cast it. Do you cast Flay then for 1 sec or wait till either MB or VB are up.

When using mindbender at 25 stacks and dispersion around 38 stacks I'm able to reach 44-46 stacks.

If someone could help me out, would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Monogrammos View Post
    With what spec were you playing when getting these high amount of stacks, i assume mindbender from your story? Im usually also around 30 and played mostly with PI. Or did you reach these amounts with AS and Mindbender? When playing with Mindbender, at how many voidform stacks do i need to activate it for the best possible outcome?
    AS+Mindbender, yes, which seems to be the go-to right now for most encounters.
    How many stacks depends slightly. I found that unequipping whispers made things a lot more predictable (the slow buff really messes things up) and using Mbender on 25-28 stacks felt most natural. The 57 stacks is definitely an outlier and a result of cttv rng.

I used dispersion in 1st and 3rd Void Form to make things line up better. I dont know if that's good or not, but can't be too bad imo. I havent looked at any theorycrafting for 7.2.5. I literally spent 2 minutes glancing at logs before raid and just played accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    AS+Mindbender, yes, which seems to be the go-to right now for most encounters.
    How many stacks depends slightly. I found that unequipping whispers made things a lot more predictable (the slow buff really messes things up) and using Mbender on 25-28 stacks felt most natural. The 57 stacks is definitely an outlier and a result of cttv rng.

I used dispersion in 1st and 3rd Void Form to make things line up better. I dont know if that's good or not, but can't be too bad imo. I havent looked at any theorycrafting for 7.2.5. I literally spent 2 minutes glancing at logs before raid and just played accordingly.
    AS+Mindbender+Legacy of the Void in 7.2.5? Or playing with S2M when chosen to play with AS + Mindbender? And to play with AS you need to aim on 7,5k crit and 10k haste?
    And you're using Dispersion in 1st and 3rd void form, at how many stacks you say this is lines up best; after using void torrent?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmocb33ae64c4d; 2017-06-16 at 02:00 PM.

AS is supposedly better now with as little as 4k crit, I think I read.

Dispersion should only be used if you're very low on insanity and you have Mindbender up, to give your Mindbender some time to push you back into a safe zone. Generally speaking I only need to do this if I pop Mindbender significantly later than usual, like 35 stacks. When I pop Mindbender at 25 I find I don't need Dispersion at all to hit 50.

Dispersion doesn't really do anything on its own, because you do not accrue any Voidform stacks during it-- it just pauses everything. The only benefit of it is that it gives you a little more time to let your Mindbender and Shadowy Apparitions generate insanity, which can obviously be a very good thing, or maybe time to let your SW come off CD. Dispersion is a stalling tactic, use it as such.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2017-06-16 at 05:16 PM.

Any tips on how to get that high?☺️ I switched to shadowpriest as a main character and still need to learn a lot.
    Let me just start off with saying I'm not a Mythic raider so YMMV. Here is my profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...C3%ABsecration

What I do on the dummies is just dot them up and go through my normal rotation on the main one with a priority of VB>MB>Flay. I void torrent once I have a gap in VBs (from 4pc) and don't bender until 25 or more stacks. I found that once I waited until ~25 stacks after the first voidform/void torrent, that the CD for bender lined up pretty much right on queue after my next void torrent. Each time about 3-5 stacks higher than the last time.

Lastly, it is rare that I use Dispersion for offensive reasons. Only when movement is needed and I don't want to lose the insanity.
    Last edited by Thaylen; 2017-06-16 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    AS is supposedly better now with as little as 4k haste, I think I read.

Dispersion should only be used if you're very low on insanity and you have Mindbender up, to give your Mindbender some time to push you back into a safe zone. Generally speaking I only need to do this if I pop Mindbender significantly later than usual, like 35 stacks. When I pop Mindbender at 25 I find I don't need Dispersion at all to hit 50.

Dispersion doesn't really do anything on its own, because you do not accrue any Voidform stacks during it-- it just pauses everything. The only benefit of it is that it gives you a little more time to let your Mindbender and Shadowy Apparitions generate insanity, which can obviously be a very good thing, or maybe time to let your SW come off CD. Dispersion is a stalling tactic, use it as such.
    I sometimes use it on at the end of my first voidform. That way I can get mindbender up at ~25 stacks in the 2nd voidform. Unless I get lucky procs so I can stay long enough in first VF that its not needed.

I should point out that I meant to say "AS is supposedly better now with as little as 4k crit", not haste.

AS+Mindbender+Legacy of the Void in 7.2.5? Or playing with S2M when chosen to play with AS + Mindbender? And to play with AS you need to aim on 7,5k crit and 10k haste?
    And you're using Dispersion in 1st and 3rd void form, at how many stacks you say this is lines up best; after using void torrent?

Thanks in advance!
    LotV, yes. You can use that combination with surrender as well. My internet is garbage for the next month, so I cant I played with 21% crit, which is around 6k. Definitely a tad low, but it worked fine imo.
    Very end of 1st void form and around mid way through 3rd is what I think I found most useful. I forget excactly when in 3rd VF. I believe it was after Vtor and before mindbender, simply because mindbender wasn't off CD yet for the 25 stack area.

I want to say again that I straight up don't know how good this is. You are taking advice from someone who plays mostly by feel and never sims anything, so howtopriest.com might be a greater resource than me

like other said: use artifact wep and dispersion to let your mindbender and apparaitions push you back to a safe zone so you can maybe get a void bolt or two off.

Deleted
    On dummies i got as my top 64 stacks with 2 VT in the same voidform but its a bit tricky to get it right, but in real fights maybe 40-50 ish is more a of the target i try to land on.

Deleted
    Just to point out, class hall dummies are horribly designed, even dotting up one, you will be getting excess insanity from mind sear, so it's not a good baseline if you're looking for single target.

I average out around 50 stacks, 40 when I mess up or forced to move at bad times. 55 seems like a big breakpoint, at least at my haste level (33%), as I rarely can push more. That is, without dispersion, but that's a DPS loss if you're not out of range. At that point drain is too brutal to combat, I don't think I've ever gotten to 60 in a raid boss environment. It might be possible with a good BL sub 20%, but that's probably never happening.

Deleted
    My top was 57 during fight but circumstances were extremly good. Typically i get around 50-52 stacks unless i mess up hard.

Not nearly as many as I'd like. My dps sucks hehe