Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i wonder why he said he learned alot from "the women and men"....thats a weird way of putting it. Trying to be super pc or something?
    Probably some "micro aggression" BS. It's always been "men and women" just like it's "ladies and gentlemen" and not "gentlemen and ladies" but the female supremacists don't like it. Read an article few months ago about how some social platform was changing one of it's icons so that the body with the oval bald head which represented men wasn't in front of the body with the oval head and hair which represented women because. . . reasons. It makes sense in their heads somehow.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

buh bye don't let the door hit you on the way out

Good fucking riddance! What a shit job he done with wow pvp.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean there's a chance the game might now go back to how good it was before WoD? /pray

1.Ashran is not that bad in WOD, though it has quite some bugs. Like a shaman can cast wolf, then before entering invisible, cast lightning rod on self and go in kill the boss, without showing up. I think this is not fixed even now.
    2.Ashran never got fixed in legion.
    3.No new BG.
    4.PvP Brawls: very boring. And wtf you cannot queue this with random BG.
    5.Flicker of the shadow. Well you cannot cap a flag in rated BG. But you can cap a flag in AV, IoC or even open the chest in Dark Moon arena.
    6.PVP talent. Remember the pvp talent got reset when you entering next level? Such a joke.
    7.PVP template. As the every week hot fix, is there a page listing all the differences in PVP? your class template state, the spell change? And you hope PVE players do PVP in such situation? They don't even know how they die. And since the daily BG rewards AP, you are introducing garbage players to BG.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank god! He is gone!

Just curious which other Activision game will be hit with RNG various multipliers and Call of Duty feeling

I don't have any joy feelings about his departure, as I simply stopped pvping when I saw that pvp in wow no longer feeds my enjoyment. For me Holinka seemed not able to leave his comfort knowledge circle and he fell within his call of duty experience, bringing it to wow. This happen quite a lot in real life to people who reach certain positions without having time to back up the road there with enough knowledge to adapt and improvise.

Nevertheless, I hope whoever takes over will have a different vision and will be able to communicate it with player base effectively, as nothing bothers me more than radio silence with sledgehammer nerfs, without putting them into context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wpvp dead in Legion and structured pvp at an all time low. Terrible decisions from the Diablo 3 team they should all 'move on to better projects'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No you wont. Do you guys really think one guy can "Mess up pvp" by himself? This is Ghostcrawler all over again. Stop blaming 1 person for your dislikes/problems with the game. Its ignorant.
    I believe that everyone saying this has absolutely no idea how corporate politics work. If you actually work in a company like this(aka a big boy salary job, which I'd be willing to bet the majority of people commenting here have never worked in that environment..) you'd understand that your team lead delegates all major tasks down the chain. Nothing gets done without your team leads approval. He was the lead pvp developer. His word was the final say on every single thing that made it through to release. If you believe some random no name developer was designing major shit for a billion dollar company and it was going straight to release without his approval, you're naive.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    I believe that everyone saying this has absolutely no idea how corporate politics work. If you actually work in a company like this(aka a big boy salary job, which I'd be willing to bet the majority of people commenting here have never worked in that environment..) you'd understand that your team lead delegates all major tasks down the chain. Nothing gets done without your team leads approval. He was the lead pvp developer. His word was the final say on every single thing that made it through to release. If you believe some random no name developer was designing major shit for a billion dollar company and it was going straight to release without his approval, you're naive.
    You are forgetting the people above him that he also interacts with that had to approve these things. You can't blame one person for all your problems with a certain design unless that person went rogue, which Holinka never did.

To blame one person for anything like this is to show your lack of knowledge in the area.

Deleted
    O my god, i logged today and PvP is fucking better! All classes are well balanced, the tuning of CC is fantastic.... everything have a great peace both in bg and arena. And what do you think about the 10 new battleground... O my god i never had so much fun in my WoW life... Now i can both enjoy my ranged and melee classes the same... And let's not talk about the new PvP set and the extra equip you get from Rated BG and top tier Arena, so wonderful...................

Oh what do you say? Nothing changed? But but the one and only evil master Holinka is moved, now everything shuold be magically ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is still hope, to ruin Overdork... Still hope...

HOLINKA PLS GO TO OVERDORK TEAM AND RUIN IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    wow subscribers graph in the last 5 years is a steep decline to the south east. Illuminati.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

i had a little smile on my face as i read the words "...the best years of wow pvp are ahead of us" while HE say goodbye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i had a little smile on my face as i read the words "...the best years of wow pvp are ahead of us" while HE say goodbye
    Poor guy, even messed up his leave note.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Very well said.

A leader is ALWAYS responsible for the actions of his team, for good or ill. As the Lead Developer for PvP, leadership was his very role on the PvP team. As a result we have one of two scenarios; 1) Either he was fully aware of the negative impact on many of his team's actions during his time in the position (Ashran, anyone?) and signed off on them anyway making him arrogant and seeing the feedback of the player base beneath him. 2) Or he failed to manage his team properly and was not fully aware of the problems and badwill among the PvP they were causing meaning he was an inept and/or a weak leader.

You can pick which scenario you think took place but it really matters little because the end result is still the same. Personally, I found him egotistical and amazingly unhelpful with his dealings with the PvP community but I am far more interested in labours of the PvP team. Or in the case of the last few expansions, the near utter lack of them.

Whatever you think of Holinka though, the fact remains that this whole "one person is not responsible for what happens" bit that Blizzard has spouted and lapped up by countless fan-drones is complete and utter BS. As the leader of a team, he is at least partially responsible for EVERYTHING that comes out of that team. I dare anyone to name any real industry in the workplace where this does not hold true. You simply cannot be a leader while at the same time not be held accountable for the results of your team.
    Last edited by Torais; 2017-06-16 at 03:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best news for this game in a looooong time. Good riddance!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

One of the devs that was truly sluggish and dragged his feet to do his job. Quite sad to watch it happen over six + months of alpha testing.