Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And so his watch has ended. Holinka will be but a sour taste in your mouth when you hear his name.

Let's hope they get someone in who actually wants the pvp scene to do well. One can hope
    I think HOlinka left more than just a sour taste in some peoples mouths here on the forums

1 person doesn't make the game m8

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    1 person doesn't make the game m8
    No they cant, but one leader or in this case, a lack of a leader at the top can make a huge difference.

Think of restaurants, you need passion to keep making the same dish over and over or the quality will slip

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah everyone does. So it makes your point mute now stop replying to me.
    what?
    how does it make your point?
    people will yell at the names they know and blame everything on them no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm sure pvp will suddenly become amazing.
    Remember when Ghostcrawler left, and the gam- wait.
    Oh! Remember when Kaplan left, and the gam- wait.

1 guy doesn't have nearly as much effect on PvP as you think he does.
    Ghostcrawler has taken responsibility for homogenizing classes. Undoing his work has taken years.

Ghostcrawler has also taken responsibility for LFR (a widely hated bastardization of raiding).

You guys really believe that "Lead" Game Designer means nothing, and they don't have ANY control over design direction?

A little common sense should tell you that CAN'T be true.

Lets assume for a second that Blizzard devs function as a think tank, and anyone regardless of where they are on the totem pole can propose and work on development ideas. That means then that role of "lead" is simply to either veto, or green light projects. In any case letting bad ideas through is just as bad if not worse than coming up with them on your own.

In any case GC has admitted that homogenizing class and LFR were his brainchild(ren).

My only complaint with Kaplan is/was that under his stewardship only 5% of players were seeing endgame. The design direction shift to get more players, playing relevant content is a far better solution.

I think it's time to just remove instanced pvp entirely.

It's only a breeding ground for toxicity that just doesn't belong in a social game. What good does it bring besides keep whiny people in an infinite whine-loop?

At best it's a containment game to keep the worst players away from the general population.

At worst it's an inconsequential mini-game that does nothing for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what?
    people will yell at the names they know and blame everything on them no matter what
    Listen FelP, it's all Holinkas fault they didnt get glad, or even challenger - it's Holinka to blame for all of the sub loss's - the crying on the forums - Trump even! Holinka, you should be ASHAMED of yourself ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Ghostcrawler has taken responsibility for homogenizing classes. Undoing his work has taken years.

Ghostcrawler has also taken responsibility for LFR (a widely hated bastardization of raiding).

You guys really believe that "Lead" Game Designer means nothing, and they don't have ANY control over design direction?

Lets assume for a second that Blizzard devs function as a think tank, and anyone regardless of where they are on the totem pole can propose and work on development ideas. That means then that role of "lead" is simply to either veto, or green light projects. In any case letting bad ideas through is just as bad if not worse than coming up with them on your own.

In any case GC has admitted that homogenizing class and LFR were his brainchild(ren).

My only complaint with Kaplan is/was that under his stewardship only 5% of players were seeing endgame. The design direction shift to get more players, playing relevant content is a far better solution.
    Being a lead in software business is usually just deciding which worker works on which parts. You don't decide the direction, you just distribute work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I think it's time to just remove instanced pvp entirely.

It's only a breeding ground for toxicity that just doesn't belong in a social game. What good does it bring besides keep whiny people in an infinite whine-loop?

At best it's a containment game to keep the worst players away from the general population.

At worst it's an inconsequential mini-game that does nothing for the game.
    I get where you're coming from, but uhhhh, haha ah ah ahhhhh - Fuck No. Removing PVP in WoW is like Removing Bluetooth from a car stereo: You can live without it, but wth is it doing to YOU that matters? The people who use it, use the shit out of it - why kill something 500,000 people still play in the game just because it's toxic to you? Have you been in LFR? Holy SH!T

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had a new patch out yesterday
    when you think how populated Outland EU was, Its like a graveyard.
    PVP has been in an ever decreasing circle for some time now.
    I refuse to respect from Destruct lock, PVP used to be just really good fun its been miserable for some time.

they need new people not just in PVP, but on all the areas of the game. This BS about "the game is old"....
    there are older MMO's out there doing just fine, key difference they didn't lose touch with the playerbase
    and stopped making changes no one asked for,

You make an MMO based on spell casting or Melee then a series of expansions remove so much
    you are left with 2-3 buttons, Make a Game this boring and people aren't sticking around
    WOW tokens are now selling for 256k gold. And since that price rise the server is empty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

Hey look, someone else who doesn't understand what a lead dev does.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what?
    I cant speak for the online community I can only speak for myself. I never complained about the other developers, you're welcome to dig for similar threads i posted about others but you will not find anything. I only know them from the video footage in the q&a's but I can tell Ion tries his best even if it doesnt always work and I can tell holinka doesnt give a fuck and is probably more interesting in hanging with his kids or playing with his dog who knows. He couldn't even answer why arcane mage could give invis and rogues couldn't because hes an idiot. Now please stop replying to me this is my last response to you

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but uhhhh, haha ah ah ahhhhh - Fuck No. Removing PVP in WoW is like Removing Bluetooth from a car stereo: You can live without it, but wth is it doing to YOU that matters? The people who use it, use the shit out of it - why kill something 500,000 people still play in the game just because it's toxic to you? Have you been in LFR? Holy SH!T
    Remove LFR too. Remove all raid difficulties and just make them like mythic+ where you pick a level, and after some levels (4/7/10?) new boss mechanics are added.

Repeat with dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Remove LFR too. Remove all raid difficulties and just make them like mythic+ where you pick a level, and after some levels (4/7/10?) new boss mechanics are added.

Repeat with dungeons.
    I mean, I'm not disagreeing on this one - why not @Ghostcrawler - come back and save us m8 <3 ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Then set the record straight smartass.

And so his watch has ended. Holinka will be but a sour taste in your mouth when you hear his name.

Let's hope they get someone in who actually wants the pvp scene to do well. One can hope
    Ghostcrawler was the wicked witch. Holinka was the flying monkey that shouldnt have never been the replacement.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

witty one liners aside why don't you explain it for all us simple folk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Ghostcrawler was the wicked witch. Holinka was the flying monkey that shouldnt have never been the replacement.
    lol good one

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a lead in software business is usually just deciding which worker works on which parts. You don't decide the direction, you just distribute work.
    Thanks for the generic definition. A basic google search disagrees with you:
    Lead designer coordinates the work of other designers and is the main visionary of the game.[28][29] Lead designer ensures team communication, makes large design decisions, and presents design outside of the team.[30] Often the lead designer is technically and artistically astute.[31] Keeping well-presented documentation also falls within the lead designer responsibilities.[32] Lead designer may be the founder of a game development company or a promoted employee.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_design

Not sure why he would take ownership of something he wasn't actually responsible for? I can pull that shit up if you like... I love destroying idyllic deified images of GC.

I bet nothing will change, let alone for better.

Deleted
    Remember when Ghostcrawler quit and everyone rejoiced, then we got Celes"Bombardment Weaving"talon and WoD?

Stop blaming the face for all the problems.