Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Stormblood MSQ Discussion (THERE ARE SPOILERS IN HERE)

Ok since we have people who will be getting a headstart on Stormblood this thread is for mostly discussing spoilery stuff. Mainly so that people reading the main thread who may go in to ask for help do not get spoiled.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOT OUR FAULT IF YOU OPEN IT

And to start off with our first little snippet

Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-15 at 11:29 PM.

I'll wait for Faroth's (or Remilia's) blessing to openly post spoilers here, although since you've specified it in the OP as well as giant caps lock text in the title, I believe they will be fine with that.

I'll likely be dropping a "first reaction" type of thing once I make it through all the MSQ. Being that I'm off tomorrow and all next week, I should finish it up fairly quick, despite a couple RL obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'll wait for Faroth's (or Remilia's) blessing to openly post spoilers here, although since you've specified it in the OP as well as giant caps lock text in the title, I believe they will be fine with that.

I'll likely be dropping a "first reaction" type of thing once I make it through all the MSQ. Being that I'm off tomorrow and all next week, I should finish it up fairly quick, despite a couple RL obligations.
    Did PM Faroth to let him know I'd be creating it. I don't think there will be an issue. I've specified basically read at your own risk.

Does anyone know if there will be gear added to the MSQ like they did for AAR going into HW? I am leveling a bard currently and got stopped at 58, but I know you need a 230 ilvl to complete the HW MSQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically yeah, a gigantic spoiler here thing is fine. There was a similar thread for HW, and one for SB is fine. Just of course as a rule of thumb, if the thread contains spoiler, just put a spoiler tag in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Typically yeah, a gigantic spoiler here thing is fine. There was a similar thread for HW, and one for SB is fine. Just of course as a rule of thumb, if the thread contains spoiler, just put a spoiler tag in the title.
    Do we actually have to use the tags here since I've stated clearly this is a thread that will be full of spoilers? I mean if you say yes then spoiler tags happen. But I figured since I gave clear warning on the Thread title that we were free to discuss with tags being optional here?

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be gear added to the MSQ like they did for AAR going into HW? I am leveling a bard currently and got stopped at 58, but I know you need a 230 ilvl to complete the HW MSQ.
    I didn't see (nor look for, to be honest) any mention of it, but I would venture a guess that the 3.1-3.5 stuff will reward you with enough gear to bring your ilvl up to where you can do the MSQ dungeons as you reach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I didn't see (nor look for, to be honest) any mention of it, but I would venture a guess that the 3.1-3.5 stuff will reward you with enough gear to bring your ilvl up to where you can do the MSQ dungeons as you reach them.
    Thats what I figure also was just curious if anyone knew for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Do we actually have to use the tags here since I've stated clearly this is a thread that will be full of spoilers? I mean if you say yes then spoiler tags happen. But I figured since I gave clear warning on the Thread title that we were free to discuss with tags being optional here?
    Meant the tag in the title. Kind of obvious a spoiler thread will be full of spoiler so the spoiler tagging is redundant.

I would have tagged it "HERE THERE BE SPOILERS" myself

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I would have tagged it "HERE THERE BE SPOILERS" myself
    And now for the first proper spoiler.

The RDM achievement name. Loving the Alice in Wonderland reference.

I have to say they've done a really good job of conveying the oppression the people in Ala Mhigo go through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warning, heavy spoilers!

Spoiler: 
    God I'm having so many different feelings right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And now for the first proper spoiler.

The RDM achievement name. Loving the Alice in Wonderland reference.
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Yeah I actually do. Because I was wrong. It's a Matrix reference with the Red Pill and Blue Pill thing. Not bloody Alice in Wonderland. . Was tired when I wrote that and got shit mixed up.

The Achi is called How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Warning, heavy spoilers!

Spoiler: 
    God I'm having so many different feelings right now.

This quest was awesome! The atmosphere as you enter is just oooooooh so good.

edit; just did the battle scenario in Kugane which I got in instantly but
    Spoiler: 
    rofl Lyse punts that little talking fish fellow. The hide and seek was pretty cool too.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-18 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile while waiting for Au Ra -scale options.

Spoiler: 

They need to make the talking fish a playable race. PLEASE!

I particularly liked the fight between you and mr. bad. It had the right amount of "maybe I can do this" vs. the feeling of hopelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I particularly liked the fight between you and mr. bad. It had the right amount of "maybe I can do this" vs. the feeling of hopelessness.
    I did enjoy that, but after wiping the floor with so many big bads that could literally end the world.....getting out asses handed to us by a seemingly normal person who just ranks high in the Empire seems really stupid and honestly felt kind of forced. I did like Raubahns comment right after saying he had to be something special to be able to best the likes of us.

Suspension of disbelief and all that, I know, have to make it interesting but that character better have some serious narrative reason for being able to mop the floor with the Warrior of Light after we've killed Primals and a fully empowered ancient dragon that raged a war, practically unhindered, with a powerful nation for 1000 years with only half his power.