Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Regula + Lucia (you know, the blonde chick @ Aymeric's side) are Garlean too.
    And the Wolf should be Garlean too...
    As for your reference to Lucia, I was speaking specifically to soldiers who were fighting for Garlemald, but I guess she does technically count if Cid does. That said, I couldn't recall whether we'd seen their/her jewel but looked it up and found out that we did see a hint of it at some point during the story.

Gaius was a given, I was referring to the rest. Rhitahtyn wasn't, but the rest may have been. I was incorrect, I just couldn't recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Welp finished the DRK 60-70 story its eh not as bad as the 50-60 story but on the plus side a certain someone makes a return also the DRK 70 job armor is really bad looking in my opinion
    I really like the DRK level 70 gear. The level 60 set that Sidurgu wears was cool, had that rough around the edginess kind of look which alluded to DRK being gritty with a look similar to the Nazgul from LotR, but the level 70 armor and sword just look so sleek and refined in comparison.

Having also just finished the 60-70 DRK questline, it's somewhat an abbreviated version of 30-50, but with it's own twists. Had that whole "ok, what the hell is going on here" vibe for a bit, and the final quest caps the whole thing off in a cool way. The best of the three job questlines I've completed thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As for your reference to Lucia, I was speaking specifically to soldiers who were fighting for Garlemald, but I guess she does technically count if Cid does. That said, I couldn't recall whether we'd seen their/her jewel but looked it up and found out that we did see a hint of it at some point during the story.
    In case you wanted to see her without the headgear hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    In case you wanted to see her without the headgear hiding it.

Thanks!

That's the shot I saw online and it reminded me of when we saw in the MSQ. It's kind of a one off shot though and reveal and then left alone so I completely forgot about it.

Man you guys are unlucky with the people you get haha. Download Hay Day Mod APK I get 9/10 times really awesome groups. Heck the group I got for Lakshmi was mostly new players except two people who've already done it. Someone was goes "can we try going in blind?" and everyone agreed and on the third try we got it without any explaining.

But... of course you get the special dipshits here and there. I sometimes question how they function at all in real life if something as small as that triggers their brain to go full retard.
    Last edited by skr1107; 2017-08-17 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skr1107 View Post
    But... of course you get the special dipshits here and there. I sometimes question how they function at all in real life if something as small as that triggers their brain to go full retard.
    It's cos IRL they have to hold it back, so Online where getting a sock in the kisser isn't possible they let their inner self out to...ahem...shine.

Quote Originally Posted by skr1107 View Post
    Man you guys are unlucky with the people you get haha. I get 9/10 times really awesome groups. Heck the group I got for Lakshmi was mostly new players except two people who've already done it. Someone was goes "can we try going in blind?" and everyone agreed and on the third try we got it without any explaining.

Such stories will continue as long as we have video games, really.

Although the amount of fail I've encountered running in Susano EX groups is rather depressing. For every competent group I've gotten, I've had at least 2 failboat groups. Part of that is how folks seem to not realize you can set a group to "Duty Complete" and it will prevent anyone who hasn't cleared the fight from entering. I'd say at least 75% of all the "farm" groups I've joined had a bonus. Then there's the 2-3 groups you see posted "Clearing for a friend"...and they want no bonus, lol.

Bump to remind people this exists so they can discuss without having to spoiler tag everything in the main thread.

Bump to remind people this exists so they can discuss without having to spoiler tag everything in the main thread.
    Copy/pasta from a post I made in the megathread:

The story/lore within the content presented in this patch has been stellar.

4.1 MSQ: The scene in the cell with Fordola and when she (as I expected) used the Echo to see your own memories after you had delved into hers was one of my favorite "oh shit" moments in the entire story. It had a hell of an impact, for I'm certain it's part of why she made her choice to assist in the end, even though I expected that the whole "redemption arc" thing going on, they threw a really interesting twist into it. Expect that we, the PCs, will be the ones who end up helping her on that path, for what she saw in our past definitely made her realize how bad it can really be...and that you can power on.

Arenvald getting some screen time and development was a nice surprise. Here's hoping that continues. Oh, and maybe I was right about Lyse all along...she seems to have started turning the corner and showing a bit of brain/wit. Yes, they made a dumb mistake towards the end of these quests, but she lived and learned from it. She was 100x more palatable in these quests over how she was throughout 4.0.

Unrelated...anyone want to guess who that was in the foreground at the end of that scene in the imperial courtyard or whatever? Also...what the hell happened to Yotsuyu...or should I say, what is she up to?

For those who aren't into crafting/gathering, there's a touching tidbit of info to be gleamed from M'naago when you're doing the new delivery turn ins. When you get your first rank up, she introduces you to a young female soldier, whose name eludes me, but she introduces herself and mentions her father had been killed in the attack on the Reach. Turns out her father was none other than Meffrid.

There's several bits of easter eggs in the text, too, based on what you've done. When you speak to Bartholemew (sp) near the entrance to the Sultana's throne room, the text will reflect whether or not you've done the 61-70 PLD quests. I won't spoil it, but it's a nice touch. Nothing to the degree of being a DRG player in HW, but still. There's another one that is ringing a bell in my mind, but it's not making it home for some reason...grrr.

I haven't completed the 24 man, yet, but I did take the time to read up on the lore of FFT (a game/series I have not played personally), and seeing how they've weaved in elements of it into this game...this is gonna be good.

I kind of wondered what the plan would be with Raubahn, but I didn't expect this growth of Nanamo and the new direction she's taking. It's interesting that Ala Mhigo is going to establish the government she wanted to institute for Ul'dah, though. By pushing Raubahn to pursue that, she's sort of establishing what she hopes Ul'dah can one day move towards as well. Until then, the new, confident, sultana will be interesting to watch. Definitely enjoyed the bit with her.

I liked Ferdola's moments as well. I really like they aren't giving her a pass. Even though she saved them, they still won't forgive her. It feels more appropriate and I'm glad they didn't take the cliche "oh, you saved us, you really do have good in you, hooray!" model. She may become one of the most interesting characters we've had in a long time. She doesn't want the people to forgive her. I'd wager she doesn't want their gratitude for helping either. Because she hasn't/can't forgive herself and doesn't deserve gratitude after what she's done. She's suffering a worse punishment with the echo bombarding her in guilt. Her echo has given her a self directed blast of Ghostrider's Penance Stare, hahaha.

Was nice to see this much character growth in one patch. Nanamo, Raubahn, Arenvald, Fordola.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-10-11 at 05:04 PM.

The whole thing with Nanamo, as great as it was...where was it 2 years ago? Kinda sucks it took that long for this to develop (I'm thinking back to how the writers had us going back to Ul'dah so much early on in HW, only to basically sweep it all under a rug).

Best patch MSQ since 3.3, if you ask me, but I'll call my perspective somewhat limited since I didn't experience the ARR additions when they went live...although given that they are a bunch of fetch quests, that may have been a blessing.

The Nanamo stuff just once again reinforces my opinion that as a mainline numbered final fantasy story you get a better experience if you start in Uldah. When she is talking about having run around in costume before does that even show up for players 'from' limsa and gridania? because i loved it and thought 'man i can't believe its been years since i was a babby lvl.5 Thaumaturge and ran into her outside the gates of nald by that tree' and that moment isn't there for the other capitals.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The Nanamo stuff just once again reinforces my opinion that as a mainline numbered final fantasy story you get a better experience if you start in Uldah. When she is talking about having run around in costume before does that even show up for players 'from' limsa and gridania? because i loved it and thought 'man i can't believe its been years since i was a babby lvl.5 Thaumaturge and ran into her outside the gates of nald by that tree' and that moment isn't there for the other capitals.
    Yeah Ul'dah has consistently remained the most main story relevant of the three starting city states throughout HW and SB so far. I feel kinda bad for Limsa. Not gridanai tho, screw Gridania.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yeah Ul'dah has consistently remained the most main story relevant of the three starting city states throughout HW and SB so far. I feel kinda bad for Limsa. Not gridanai tho, screw Gridania.
    Gridania is as shit as Windurst was best town in XI.

YEAH I SAID IT BASTOK PLAYERS.

Gridania gets all the flak because people dismiss it as "lol hippies" but it is in fact best location. Forest > Desert. Forest > Seaside. Fite me nerds!

I've always found Ul'dah to be the least interesting of the three original city states. That it gets so much more time in the spotlight has irritated me for a while...and I hope 4.1 playing out the way it did means we won't see it again for some time. It doesn't help that both Gyr Abania and Thanalan are very similar aesthetically, either.

Hopefully 4.2 is largely focused on the Far East. I can't wait until the story moves away from Eorzea for greater intervals of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I've always found Ul'dah to be the least interesting of the three original city states. That it gets so much more time in the spotlight has irritated me for a while...and I hope 4.1 playing out the way it did means we won't see it again for some time. It doesn't help that both Gyr Abania and Thanalan are very similar aesthetically, either.

Hopefully 4.2 is largely focused on the Far East. I can't wait until the story moves away from Eorzea for greater intervals of time.
    I'm thinking there's more opportunity for interesting developments within Gyr Abania, seeing that we're essentially in a nation-building stage there. Yeah, Doma isn't too far off in that regard, too, but they at least already have some form of power structure in place with Hien returning. That all said, for us to not venture back over to Othard to assist with tying up loose ends and any other issues that crop up as a result of the liberation process would be stupid in all sorts of ways. Heck, I'm eager to reunite with Gosetsu (even though I was one who was irked by him not being dead), mainly out of curiosity about what the fuck happened with Yotsuyu.

As far as the Eorzean Alliance goes, we should be getting more from Gridania in relation to Ala Mhigo. They're neighbors and there should be some interesting history there since hte Eorzean Alliance exists because of Ala Mhigo's threat of invasion to conquer Gridania. The fact that Gridania would forgive and provide aid now would add another interesting layer to the new direction for Ala Mhigo.

Gridania gets all the flak because people dismiss it as "lol hippies" but it is in fact best location. Forest > Desert. Forest > Seaside. Fite me nerds!
    I will fite you! But really the gridanians aren't hippies and the rule of the elementals saves them frim being too generic and boring. But it gets little plot involvement and is just less interesting than the other regions visually imo.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the Eorzean Alliance goes, we should be getting more from Gridania in relation to Ala Mhigo. They're neighbors and there should be some interesting history there since hte Eorzean Alliance exists because of Ala Mhigo's threat of invasion to conquer Gridania. The fact that Gridania would forgive and provide aid now would add another interesting layer to the new direction for Ala Mhigo.
    To be fair the autumn war was over 100 years ago now.

Dunno if you've completed it already or not, but the 61-70 BRD quests tie in very much with the Autumn War and some of the bits and pieces involved in it.