7.2.5 Brewmaster Stat Priority?

Do the new items and the changes to brm change the stat priority any?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been trying to research this myself but without any sims it's hard to say for sure. From a defensive standpoint I think I'm going to continue primarily focusing on haste. In particular because the set bonuses coming out in ToS next week seem to favour haste. Haste = more brews = more orbs generated = more self healing from the 2pc bonus AND more purified stagger from the 4pc. Mastery is a strong second contender. For physical fights I think mastery is hard to beat defensively. Haste > Mastery > Crit/Versa is the way I'm going at the moment.

With that said, just like before the patch, there's a point where you have plenty of haste and should start worrying about other stats.

I have also been told by some people there's a certain haste threshold whereby you can switch from BoxB to LB and net gain your amount of brews per minute.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-06-15 at 11:48 PM.

Thats actually pretty damn interesting.. I never thought enough haste would allow you to choose LB. I was just wondering because I was feeling a bit squishy, but it probably more gear than stat assignment.

According to Monk discord, Priority currently is Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Haste

I believe Versatility has the highest stat modifier though at 0.73 per point followed by Mastery at 0.72 etc

Currently Vers/Mastery is the best defense. Sadly, haste is borderline useless even more so than before now.

Haste IMO is the trap stat, it gives you the illusion that it's making you play better because it's smoother and has more QoL but it's giving you very little bang for buck compared to mastery and vers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Haste IMO is the trap stat, it gives you the illusion that it's making you play better because it's smoother and has more QoL but it's giving you very little bang for buck compared to mastery and vers.
    i have so much haste that i cant seem to drop. cant wait to start getting new gear soon. also, i still love crit a bit too much

To be honest stats haven't changed all too much for BrM.

As Paoanii pn the monk discord explained it to me ilvl>All, Haste to 8-11% ideally, then balance the rest of your stats. But keep in mind that mastery will be valuable in ToS compared to NH and speaking defensively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try to stack versatility and crit. Mastery is strange stat, I don't really understand why I need avoidance, monk is almost immune to physical abilities and spells can't be avoided. Haste is just useless for me. Crit allows to have higher incoming healing, so less healers have to work to keep me alive and versatility reduces magical damage which is the main danger IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Mastery is strange stat, I don't really understand why I need avoidance, monk is almost immune to physical abilities and spells can't be avoided.
    Monks almost immune to physical damage? With that low armor? You do realize that stagger does not make the damage just go away, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I'll try to stack versatility and crit. Mastery is strange stat, I don't really understand why I need avoidance, monk is almost immune to physical abilities and spells can't be avoided. Haste is just useless for me. Crit allows to have higher incoming healing, so less healers have to work to keep me alive and versatility reduces magical damage which is the main danger IMO.
    Tanks rarely die while being healed by healers. Crit certainly has value in healer mana conversations but tanks tend to die from burst or from healers being occupied by something else. Crit does (almost) nothing in the 2nd scenario.

Mastery is certainly good in reducing melee damage and on high difficulties bosses hit hard even without any other abilities going off (as in 2mil+ dmg like Gul'dan Mythic.

My wonder is how much Mastery is worth getting tho since we can gain mastery stacks much faster in 7.2.5.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    While mastery does get wasted often now, it is no way devalued compared to 7.2 in my opinion. Big parts of the dodges happen with just 1 stack of mastery that I got from BoS after having dodged. And getting more power to that 1 stack is valuable.

The part where it gets wasted is when you don't dodge with that 1 stack. (about 50/50 for me). The more mastery you have the more you dodge with this 1 stack and less you will have the moments you waste it when you don't dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zieroh View Post
    Do the new items and the changes to brm change the stat priority any?
    It definitely makes haste A LOT less important since it no longer effects BoS and it just makes us energy starved faster...

Also, guessing Mastery got more important now that BoF/BoS gives charges.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    It definitely makes haste A LOT less important since it no longer effects BoS and it just makes us energy starved faster...

Also, guessing Mastery got more important now that BoF/BoS gives charges.
    Haste did absolutely nothing for BoS. Only loss is it going 2s CD during BL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

From the Sims I've ran, Haste is much lower priority, and Mastery or Versatility is preferred depending on the fight (physical/adds vs magic).

Versatility >= Mastery > Haste is a safe bet.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2017-06-16 at 11:42 PM.

Mastery is absolutely dominant due to ToS mechanics. Most damage is physical and most tank debuffs don't do damage directly, they increase damage taken. That means the best way to survive in ToS is by reducing damage from/avoiding autoattacks which Monk Mastery excels at.

Mastery synergizes with ED and getting Elusive Brawler stacks from BoF/BoS to enable you to dodge basically everything. Goroth and Inqusition have debuffs that increase damage taken, Harjatan's stacking debuff is dodgeable, Sisters of the Moon reduce healing received which is basically the same thing as increasing damage taken, Sasszine's tank mechanic is absolutely trivialized by a monk tank, Desolate Host tank mechanics are dodgeable, and Fallen Avatar/Kil'jaeden tank mechanics also revolve around increasing damage taken.

Honestly Monks are pretty overpowered in ToS and are easily the best tank, surpassing even bears.

Realistically with the new changes mastery loses a lot of value past the 3 hits point, because a lot of the time you'll get hit, use a bos/bof before the next hit and you'll dodge the next hit no matter what, and this is only gets more significant if there is only 1 thing meleeing you, which seems to be the case a lot in Tomb of Sargeras

Personally my stat priority will be something like:

Mastery(to dodge every 3 hits cap)>Versatility>Crit>Mastery(above dodge every 3 hits cap)>Haste

Depending on the fight and what i can get my hands on obviously, because ilvl is king