Thread: FIre?

FIre?

Any one played on the ptr or have any opinions on fire atm? all the things ive seen and have read have mentioned how much better frost is.. Any other thoughts?

I could be a wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, frost is still top of the three even after nerf, but fire pulls head in aoe situations

Deleted
    Arcane is better for burst aoe, fire only wins on sustained aoe (which you are not gonna have on raid bosses). Fire is a dead spec, we all expected for fire to be buffed for 7.2.5 (and Blizzard said so) but nothing has changed

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine for heroics, kinda hard to sustain 900k+ DPS on single targets i wouldn't dare to run into mythic face first as fire, unless your raid can afford doing less DPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spankalicous View Post
    Any one played on the ptr or have any opinions on fire atm? all the things ive seen and have read have mentioned how much better frost is.. Any other thoughts?
    Frost suffered heavy after the IV, double IL and tyr P2 nerf. Overall NH dmg is down 200-250k. The guys from altered time did sim mages in TOS (full tier gear, top legendaries) What we can take from that is:

• Frost dominates ST and cleave
    • In high ilvl and tier gear GS built surpasses IV by a margin
    • Arcane is king of burst AOE
    • Fire remains king of 4+ targets sustained
    • Fire remains behind both specs in ST 150-200K

wwwdotaltered-timedotcom/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4457
    Last edited by mmocc22152c261; 2017-06-16 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Altered time

Things are looking very bleak at the moment. Te good news: it is in fact so abysmal that we can still hope for a buff before mythic opens.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...n=3&bracket=22

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Things are looking very bleak at the moment. Te good news: it is in fact so abysmal that we can still hope for a buff before mythic opens.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...n=3&bracket=22
    75th percentile... all bosses... old tier.. old legendarys... can you provide any less information?

For each fight in ToS fire will be the worst mage option and sometimes the worst dps option. A 3% buff is like giving somebody a squirt gun when they house is covered in flames.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    For each fight in ToS fire will be the worst mage option and sometimes the worst dps option. A 3% buff is like giving somebody a squirt gun when they house is covered in flames.
    Care to elaborate? Fire is hands down "easiest" (aka the-least-hurt-by-having-to-move-and-do-stuff) spec, for progression it's a huge thing.
    Surely, tank&spank fights like gornoth is not going to matter, but sisters, harjatan, kil'jaeden are good fights for fire mages. As it should be. No spec should be simply better than other on all fucking fights
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Care to elaborate? Fire is hands down "easiest" (aka the-least-hurt-by-having-to-move-and-do-stuff) spec, for progression it's a huge thing.
    Surely, tank&spank fights like gornoth is not going to matter, but sisters, harjatan, kil'jaeden are good fights for fire mages. As it should be. No spec should be simply better than other on all fucking fights
    You haven't paid too much attention to mage specs through out EN, ToV and NH have you. EN was pretty much fire all the way, since then outside of nonsense fights like skorp frost has pretty much always been the best option. While you can easily make a case it shouldn't be like that it is. This isn't exclusive to mages either.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You haven't paid too much attention to mage specs through out EN, ToV and NH have you. EN was pretty much fire all the way, since then outside of nonsense fights like skorp frost has pretty much always been the best option. While you can easily make a case it shouldn't be like that it is. This isn't exclusive to mages either.
    Never ever any spec was outperforming other spec by 10-20% on average. While 20% is a huge amount of DPS, 10% is laughable difference that iwll vary from pull to pull.

There were times when fire pulled ahead (mostly because of one trinket that shouldn't be ever mentioned), but all 3 specs always are close to each other, to the point that it's most likely irrelevant for your raid if you do 300k or 340k DPS, 450k or 480k, 700k or 800k, 900k or 1m, because on one pull you will do 900k, on second you'll do 930, on kill pull you'll do 880k. It's fucking irrelevant, the only reason you should be changing specs is when boss fight heavily encourages certain damage type (cleave, sustained aoe, stank and spank), that's when you should switch specs, and not when patch notes or new sims are released.

And even if you look at sims - just look at distribution of arcane and frost DPS, it's huge compared to fire, meaning that there is plenty of DPS you get from fucking RNG, which is awful, especially considering that sims remove human error completely, throw it in there and you'll get even worse results
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-06-19 at 06:45 AM.

Never ever any spec was outperforming other spec by 10-20% on average. While 20% is a huge amount of DPS, 10% is laughable difference that iwll vary from pull to pull.
    Dude it's happening right now. And now, when we are talking millions of DPS, even 10% doesn't seem laughable anymore. Seriously, 10% is about 100-150k dps. Not laughable at all.

P.S. If you don't want RNG roll fucking haste dude. SPEAKING OF WHICH, LOOK AT THIS
    Last edited by dwarfeckiy; 2017-06-19 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Dude it's happening right now. And now, when we are talking millions of DPS, even 10% doesn't seem laughable anymore. Seriously, 10% is about 100-150k dps. Not laughable at all.

P.S. If you don't want RNG roll fucking haste dude. SPEAKING OF WHICH, LOOK AT THIS
    What the fuck are you talking about, average difference between specs is miniscule right now, you can deal 900k±10% DPS in any spec granted you have proper 910 gear, there is no "well i am 910 geared fire mage and do just 700k DPS, while 910 frost mage deals 900k DPS on average" granted they are equally skilled and granted they didn't got fucked up by RNG.

granted they are equally skilled and granted they didn't got fucked up by RNG.
    Which is never the case lol.