Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arms vs. Fury DPS - What's better for Mythic+ Dungeons and Raiding?

So I was Arms for EN, Fury for NH, and it looks like Arms is the answer for ToS - is that correct? What about Mythic dungeons?

i'd assume fury, arms lacks aoe outside of burst,making fury the clear winner in dungeons in raid i just assume your talking about tomb, tomb favor classes with high ST damage, since thieir isn't a bigg focus on adds mechs in this raid tier so arms is looking alot better in that respect.
    Last edited by chaosmage; 2017-06-16 at 12:54 AM.

they both work wonderful for m+ and ST, you need to change talants around for if its fort or tyranical and what you are focusing on

but overall warriors right now have great choice going into 7.2.5

fury for burst aoe that is hard to match, arms got the best 3 target cleave in the game, with arms having the better execute and fury being better at target switching.

it does seem like arms is strong but a fight like guldan where fury fits the timers on eyes and it will be better, or arms on tich where you can just cleave mortal strikes and execute onto the bloods, its fight dependent and comes down to what you prefer to play, what gear you got for each spec, and what legenderies, relics etc

The general consensus seems to be that both are close enough to play what you want.

Having said that it is expected that arms will receive some further tuning to make it less of an outlier than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    The general consensus seems to be that both are close enough to play what you want.

Having said that it is expected that arms will receive some further tuning to make it less of an outlier than it is now.
    i doubt it, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#partition=3.

not a single fight where we dominate, only 2 where a warrior is top (one by 10k dps aother by 1k)

now look at warlocks both destro gimic on eli and affliction running wild on every single fight.

take into account shadow priests in EN lasting the whole raid doing 25% above all, and affliction/frost being the king all of NH by a larger margin too

and take into account that our tier set bonus was halved and we dont know what classes/specs are going to get the DOS op trinkets of TOS (could be boomkins for all we know) and we are just a solid dps spec to bring to fights.

only thing arms might be op on is execute phase. but dont worry about that, play arms or fury freely, this is a great time to be a dps warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post

not a single fight where we dominate, only 2 where a warrior is top (one by 10k dps aother by 1k)

now look at warlocks both destro gimic on eli and affliction running wild on every single fight.

take into account shadow priests in EN lasting the whole raid doing 25% above all, and affliction/frost being the king all of NH by a larger margin too

and take into account that our tier set bonus was halved and we dont know what classes/specs are going to get the DOS op trinkets of TOS (could be boomkins for all we know) and we are just a solid dps spec to bring to fights.

only thing arms might be op on is execute phase. but dont worry about that, play arms or fury freely, this is a great time to be a dps warrior.
    Every fight except the aoe fuck fest ones has at least one Arms warrior in there (Lego ring is the repeated offender in all of those). Thats fucking fantastic. Though it was the same shit during first 2 weeks of EN so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Every fight except the aoe fuck fest ones has at least one Arms warrior in there (Lego ring is the repeated offender in all of those). Thats fucking fantastic. Though it was the same shit during first 2 weeks of EN so.
    3 fights without any warriors in them at all.

i see a warlock in 9 of them (aff in 8) more of them, and some fights only them making up 80% of the chart.

outliner -
    a person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system.
    "less accessible islands and outliers"

we are in a good spot, and probably top 3 in TOS but lets not think for a second that deserves a nerf, someone has to be first and we are not even that.

Run SS in dungeons with the Trauma/FoB build for some awesome cleave on higher level M+

Right now Arms looks better than fury assuming you've got the right legends but we'll see about tomb
    "And lo, the spaghetti fell from his pockets like a horse off a mountain, in the image and likeness of His Almighty Noodliness."
    - Nessie 3:50

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fust View Post
    Run SS in dungeons with the Trauma/FoB build for some awesome cleave on higher level M+
    SS with Trauma and Titanic Might is better. Why do you want more whirlwind damage on one target in m+ when you can have a longer duration of cs/warbreaker/legpants with titanic might on all of them for BS and WW or on 3 targets with sweeping strikes. FoB is only the better choice for ST or if you need addcleave but want to have high boss dmg as well.

I was talking about high-level M+. Boss damage is still pretty relevant even without Tyrannical, but ya I agree when you when boss damage doesn't matter as much.
    "And lo, the spaghetti fell from his pockets like a horse off a mountain, in the image and likeness of His Almighty Noodliness."
    - Nessie 3:50

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/#region=3 This is the one you should be looking at, not the one you linked. Pick any percentile you want out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/#region=3 This is the one you should be looking at, not the one you linked. Pick any percentile you want out of that.
    i clicked max guess who is first? you are right that warriors are op but outliner we are not!

i was also spot on with affliction and destro being op since they took as much of a nerf in this upcoming june 20 patch.

plus i clicked your profile link, for someone that doesnt play wow you sure seem to be eager to get warriors nerfed ;thinking;

i clicked max guess who is first? you are right that warriors are op but outliner we are not!

i was also spot on with affliction and destro being op since they took as much of a nerf in this upcoming june 20 patch.

plus i clicked your profile link, for someone that doesnt play wow you sure seem to be eager to get warriors nerfed ;thinking;
    Don't worry. Arms was hit by the nerfbat and it'll get nowhere near the top this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Don't worry. Arms was hit by the nerfbat and it'll get nowhere near the top this tier.
    this is why we cant have nice things, instead of asking blizzard for buffs you got these idiots spill over to other class forums crying and linking anything that will make the class they dont even play to get nerfed.

this is why we cant have nice things, instead of asking blizzard for buffs you got these idiots spill over to other class forums crying and linking anything that will make the class they dont even play to get nerfed.
    Well, I doubt Blizzard cares much about that. They don't seem to listen to feedback much when it comes to balance.
    They should have done more testing befor they released the patch though. Large nerfs like these are not something that gets players exited and intrested in satying in the game.

Since when is nerf bat 4%? I swear some of you little snowflakes don't know what real nerfs are like. Arms didn't even get hit as hard as locks in the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviriato View Post
    Since when is nerf bat 4%? I swear some of you little snowflakes don't know what real nerfs are like. Arms didn't even get hit as hard as locks in the hotfix.
    It is way more than 4% though. Closer to 10%.
    Take a look at what they nerfed again.

It is way more than 4% though. Closer to 10%.
    Take a look at what they nerfed again.
    There needs to be class balance. Trauma was was broken and not working as intended. That isn't a nerf that is merely correcting something to work as it was originally designed. So it was a 4% nerf from how it was intended to perform.

Take a look at the latest sim results. As you can see after rebalancing arms is still the strongest spec by a decent margin.

Take a look at the latest sim results.
    Utterly irrelevant.

There needs to be class balance. Trauma was was broken and not working as intended. That isn't a nerf that is merely correcting something to work as it was originally designed. So it was a 4% nerf from how it was intended to perform.

Take a look at the latest sim results. As you can see after rebalancing arms is still the strongest spec by a decent margin.
    Yeah, sims... With maxed out gear and best legendaries?
    Don't really care much about that.

Call it fix or nerf, but ti's still a huge blow to the damage the spec can do during progression.