Deleted

does DFA snapshot?

hey,

quick question:
    if i use DFA at the end of my SD and SD runs out before the eviscerate hit from dfa actually hits, will that dfa-evis gain the benefits from SD?

thanks

Use DfA pre-dance and spam dance during the animation to gain the benefit of Dark Shadows 30% buff on the eviscerate at the bottom. That is the current theory, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    hey,

quick question:
    if i use DFA at the end of my SD and SD runs out before the eviscerate hit from dfa actually hits, will that dfa-evis gain the benefits from SD?

thanks
    no, it does not snapshot. the best thing to do atm is cast SD just before the evis hits mid animation.

As ScrubRouge told you should use SDance right before dfa landing with Finality Evis active. Of course you should use dark shadows talent to gain profit from it

is it not a waste of precious shadow dance uptime to use DFA? I have been trying using Mark for Death in order to squeeze another eviscerate into Shadow Dances and it seems to waste maybe half a second less time, but I still cannot tell which is actually better or if I should just use the energy regen talent in that row. a DFA eviscerate outside a shadow dance window and a normal eviscerate that was casted within shadow dance are very close in actual damage though, excluding the aoe portion of DFA.

DFA outside SD: 50% buffed Evi
    Evi inside SD: 30% buffed Evi

I am not quite sure: DFA inside SD should be 195%? Or 180%? And with SOD? 214% or 190%?

And you press SD just before the Evi part of the DFA because it safes the animation time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazo View Post
    As ScrubRouge told you should use SDance right before dfa landing with Finality Evis active. Of course you should use dark shadows talent to gain profit from it
    When I jump for dfa everything locks up I can't press or use any abilities is that normal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    When I jump for dfa everything locks up I can't press or use any abilities is that normal?
    Yeah, then you land and automatically cast a 50% stronger eviscerate. When you land you have time to easily press SD before the evis hits, and then have 4 globals worth of shit to cast inside the SD (most often SS SS Evis SS unless you're unlucky). You can also use Symbols of Death with SD before the DfA evis hits, since both SoD and SD are off GCD

Note that you gain like 70 energy with this (around 20 natural regen, 40 SoD, 36-25=11 from relentless strikes), so you should aim to use DfA at pretty much 25 energy to not overcap. Needles to say, if you don't have symbols for it you'll get 40 less, so make sure you still have enough energy for 4 globals worth of shit in the SD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yes it is normal, BUT you can use Shadow Dance just a moment before DfA lands to get 30% stronger Eviscerate.