7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    easy. I've done it so quick it would make your head spin if I told you

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla > ALL

Even the grind was enjoyable. I love it. <3
    lol really? that is very very subjective
    also how fast is "ive done it so quick"

i can claim i did it in 15 seconds but do i have evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    is it so hard to find anything grindable from mobs in this expansion ?

the biggest problem i have with current modern wow compared to vanilla/tbc or even wotlk is that open world creatures die too fast. again comparison to diablo 3 where i just slaughter hundreds of demons.
    i spend more time traveling between world quests than actually doing them alone. i pull a pack of as many as possible and just aoe the shit out of them - cuz i can, cuz blizzard let us do it. 2 min to complete wq, 3 min travel to the next one

i would like again to grind at relatively slow pace elementals in ungoro, furbolgs in wintersrping, skeletons in wpl one by one, maybe two at a time. i would feel more accomplished than 'cheating' my way through tens of mobs with a single ability or two

u see, when 7.2 came out and blizzard stealth scaled open world mobs so they are tougher a lot of ppl on this forum were complaining about it ! thats just beyond me, are you retarded ?
    have you heard of the sentinax? you can farm under there all day every day to get nethershards, these nethershards allow you to buy items for a chance at very good rewards
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    any open world mobs dropping legendaries or anything like that ?
    World bosses.

do ALL the world quests everyday before you log off for sleep. Report back in 1 month and tell us if you are burned out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    do ALL the world quests everyday before you log off for sleep. Report back in 1 month and tell us if you are burned out yet.
    i was burned out after 2 months after the release, thats why im looking for something different.

legacy servers when ?? cause that is the only solution for what im looking for

7+ Year Old Account
    is there anything to grind/farm in legion like u could in vanilla ? winterfall firewater from furbolgs or elemental essences ? something that i could just sit for unlimited time and grind certain area/mobs.

world quests are limited, plus some i dislike (like murky or wisp ones) because i want to play my class.

looking for that oldschool grind in legion

What a guy above said already. Legion Is about the grind. But like In Vanilla? No. The big difference Is I feel too powerful when playing In Legion, the mobs are no challange to me at all, they might as well just drop dead when they see me.

It's not as fun to play your class, class fantasy? My butt there's no class fantasy In Legion, If they want to talk about class fantasy go look back Into Vanilla/TBC way of classes. Half of the abilities we had that made our class Identity greater are gone, and have been going away since Vanilla, so don't talk to me about class fantasy, Blizz. You took away class fantasy years ago.

World quests are still a step down from Dailies, sure daily hubs weren't great, but World Quests don't make It better at all.

Why not combine the two good things from both daily quests and world quests. Combine the Emissary system with Daily Hubs, so that you could do your dailies 3 times In 1 day If you so please. That's respecting a person's time and not expecting them to be online everyday to do the daily, that's an objectively good thing the Emissary quests. Now the rewards they give Is another thing entirely, the Legion rewards suck and are empty, I really don't care about the 0.000001 % chance for a legendary to drop from It. That's like grinding the Deathcharger Mount from Stratholme, would you find that fun If It was your daily mandate? Surely not.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol really? that is very very subjective
    also how fast is "ive done it so quick"

i can claim i did it in 15 seconds but do i have evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

have you heard of the sentinax? you can farm under there all day every day to get nethershards, these nethershards allow you to buy items for a chance at very good rewards
    why do you care how fast I grinded insane? get a life..

If you simply want to grind materials or some other loot, then yes there is always going to be that.
    If you want a solo grindable character power progression, less so.
    World quests offering AP are to an extent that, but due to RNG are potentially not going to be at a sufficient rate, nor are they going to be at the same location.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

OP, you can grind for me...As an achievement hunter there is always something to do, ALWAYS.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

id recommend getting an add on that lets you track AP like a leveling bar and then grinding world quests if thats what your into

Go grind Nethershards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    which is unique.
    Nope .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

you can go grind eels outside shatt for hours and craft the cloth set, oh wait people wont do it because the carrot isn't relevant anymore.

which means the grind was never fun, it was just a means to an end.

i was burned out after 2 months after the release, thats why im looking for something different.

legacy servers when ?? cause that is the only solution for what im looking for
    Do the Sentinax farm- kill rare spawns on the Broken Shore for Sentinax Beacons, then grind the mobs you can summon with those beacons beneath the Sentinax Ship. The mobs drop Nethershards, which can be turned in for gear tokens that have a chance to proc a Legendary. The Sentinax moves to different locations periodically, but is always active, unlike Invasions or World Quests.

Deleted
    Classic had very much finite grinds and ways to progress.

Legion's "grind" is endless, you're always able to progress your character. Legion wins on every front over Classic.
    Endless propgression ? I hope you don't mean those concordance ranks ? That said, I prefer finite grinding... goals to work on that aren't endless..

Deleted
    any open world mobs dropping legendaries or anything like that ?
    EVERYone has a chance for a legendary. You could kill a fellboar and get a leg = thats legion.

Classic had very much finite grinds and ways to progress.

Legion's "grind" is endless, you're always able to progress your character. Legion wins on every front over Classic.
    Except for:

- Depth
    - Character uniqueness
    - Flavor abilities
    - Professions
    - Dungeon design
    - Server community
    - Actual racials
    - Real faction pvp instead of last minute manufactured plot aggro that is immediately ignored for the rest of the expansion

But yeah, other then those minor things, Legion is totally the best right?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Endless propgression ? I hope you don't mean those concordance ranks ? That said, I prefer finite grinding... goals to work on that aren't endless..
    Good for you. I signed up for an MMORPG, I love to always have a reason to login and something meaningful to strive towards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Except for:

- Depth
    - Character uniqueness
    - Flavor abilities
    - Professions
    - Dungeon design
    - Server community
    - Actual racials
    - Real faction pvp instead of last minute manufactured plot aggro that is immediately ignored for the rest of the expansion

But yeah, other then those minor things, Legion is totally the best right?
    Lol, "depth".

Legion has more of all that, with the profession quests ALONE. Doing professions to the top and maxing them out requires more investment in Legion than in any previous iteration.

- Character uniqueness? You mean running around with the same shit everyone else playing at your level did and using either cookie cutter specs or shit-specs if you didn't play on a level where optimal setup wasn't required? Yeah...

- Server community? Players remember the good and forgot the bad. Cliques were very much a thing and community happened within guilds first and foremost. Same as now. Sorry, people didn't automatically become buddies upon joining up for pug content back then.

- Dungeon design; Those same dungeons by standards of today would just be long, not in any shape or form polished and innovative. They were amazing for their time, but that's it.

- Flavor abilities? Hahaha! Alongside entire specs being useless for the role they were meant for. I'll take abilites I'll actually use and my spec being viable, thanks.

- Actual racials? My Orc still has racials, so do the other ones. However, it was always a point of argument that people didn't want to choose race based on the racials, and Blizzard obliged. The pool of races to change from didn't exactly shrink, bud.

- Real faction PVP? Wtf? Classic had some of the most fragmented storyline this game ever saw at that. People at large grew tired of the faction war plotline a long time ago it would seem. I like it, and liked it all the times that we got it in recent expansions. So, it's very much present and in a far more focused and "tied together" form than it ever was in Classic.

Sorry, outside of the number of leveling zones, Legion objectively wins in terms of content and complexity. You might not ENJOY it as much, but that's a different topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Nope .
    "Nope"? What an excellent retort.

It's unique, NEVER has the leveling zones been as active and relevant to the casual as well as the Mythic raider even 9 months after everyone reaching max level as in Legion. Your highly insightful "nope" doesn't change that.

Arguing these facts with the "Muh Classics!!"-crowd is equal to throwing pearls before swine though, so...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-18 at 08:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    why do you care how fast I grinded insane? get a life..
    Because you make an outlandish post randomly saying "I'm better then all y'all I do it do fast" you are the one who brought it up and said you did it fast. Not me
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

"Nope"? What an excellent retort.

It's unique, NEVER has the leveling zones been as active and relevant to the casual as well as the Mythic raider even 9 months after everyone reaching max level as in Legion. Your highly insightful "nope" doesn't change that.

Arguing these facts with the "Muh Classics!!"-crowd is equal to throwing pearls before swine though, so...
    I reply in kind Your statement that world zones being relevant months after hitting max level is a unique feature of Legion is fucking nonsense and you know it I've seen your posting before. Just saying "It wins because it wins" deserves a "nope". Get real
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Grinds that aren't about advancing your character remain relevant precisely because they don't exist to be relevant. They simply exist for the fun of existing. The Legion AP grind is, essentially, the entire expansion - it is everything, and everything circulates around it.

You present your own opinions as fact and then play the "says you" card when someone disagrees with you? Poor form. Your opinion is of no more relevance than mine or anyone else's, so unless we're discussing this with the tacit understanding that we are discussing opinions, (which I thought was obvious), there is no point in discussing anything at all.
    Which grind do you speak of? I just played the game normally and got 52 traits. And it's not expansion long. I'm already done on one of my characters and almost on another one.