Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

fire/arcane buffed

Arcane
    Damage of all abilities increased by 3%.

Fire

will this be enough to close the gap between frost (T20)?

Deleted
    Never mind closing the gap with Frost.
    Worry about other classes, not Mage Specs.
    Aslong as there is 1 decent performing spec that is fine.

3%?! holy crap bat man. As a Fire mage this "tuning pass" if you can call it that, is just absurd. Anyone can look at warcraftlogs and see that Fire needs more than a 3% buff to be playable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnanator View Post
    3%?! holy crap bat man. As a Fire mage this "tuning pass" if you can call it that, is just absurd. Anyone can look at warcraftlogs and see that Fire needs more than a 3% buff to be playable.
    problem is fire legendaries, if they balance fire around not having them, then fire would be horribly OP if you get the biss legendaries, so they sorta have to balance the spec around having them, dont get me wrong, fire could still need a buff even if you have bis legendaries butit is something they have to be extremely careful of.

Deleted
    Am I missing something - mathematically - that translates a 3% buff on all abilities on a much more substantial overall buff (like % modifier talents and artifact traits) or is this just utter horseshit salt in the wound?

3%? The hell is that going to change for one of the worst performing specs in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    Arcane

Fire

will this be enough to close the gap between frost (T20)?
    Not even close, fire is still DOA when you factor in the fights in ToS. Mages as a whole will be on the bottom half of damage over all. It is unfortunate, but hopefully it changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Riiiiiiight...

Anyway... Fire looks to be climbing towards ToS best mage spec. That still means nothing when it comes to comparing to other classes. Oh, how I hope I am wrong and that mage will shine in ToS, but I simply can't see how.
    Fire is a country mile from being the best spec even with the 3% buff.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not even close, fire is still DOA when you factor in the fights in ToS. Mages as a whole will be on the bottom half of damage over all. It is unfortunate, but hopefully it changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Fire is a country mile from being the best spec even with the 3% buff.
    I don't even want it to be best, just competitive. Blizzard tends to over nerf the best dps specs.

Let the Band-aids begin, If I remember Altered-Time 7.2.5 Sims right, Fire was simming 20% behind Frost, Arcane was not to far off Frost, but enough to make you think... Why not just go frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversquall View Post
    I don't even want it to be best, just competitive. Blizzard tends to over nerf the best dps specs.
    Well it isn't the best or competitive, even with the buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Let the Band-aids begin, If I remember Altered-Time 7.2.5 Sims right, Fire was simming 20% behind Frost, Arcane was not to far off Frost, but enough to make you think... Why not just go frost.
    Arc is 200,000+ dps behind on all but one target combo. So unless there are a lot of 10 mob burst phases Arc is watching from the rear even with the buff.

Well it isn't the best or competitive, even with the buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Arc is 200,000+ dps behind on all but one target combo. So unless there are a lot of 10 mob burst phases Arc is watching from the rear even with the buff.
    I'm a Fire main... I can give a rat's posterior about Arcane... But fire being almost 20% behind Frost was a slap in the face. Sadly the 3% buff for Fire and Arcane "should" bring Arcane inline with frost... but still leave Fire running in the backfield like an asthmatic marathon runner.

I'm a Fire main... I can give a rat's posterior about Arcane... But fire being almost 20% behind Frost was a slap in the face. Sadly the 3% buff for Fire and Arcane "should" bring Arcane inline with frost... but still leave Fire running in the backfield like an asthmatic marathon runner.
    If the sims on altered time were correct, even with the buff fire is a bottom 3rd spec on just about everything in ToS. At least in NH fire had a few fights that it was good at or a top half spec, even if it was shit on the other 5~ fights. I'd rather play fire over frost and I would rather reroll then play arc, I can't say I am excited for ToS right now.

If the sims on altered time were correct, even with the buff fire is a bottom 3rd spec on just about everything in ToS. At least in NH fire had a few fights that it was good at or a top half spec, even if it was shit on the other 5~ fights. I'd rather play fire over frost and I would rather reroll then play arc, I can't say I am excited for ToS right now.
    It seems we're both on the same side here, and not saying it. I to will rather sit and play Fire and do 20% less than my other guild mage, than learn Arcane or Frost. I will Miss Skorpyron, and the last trashpack before Spellblade, in ToS.

It seems we're both on the same side here, and not saying it. I to will rather sit and play Fire and do 20% less than my other guild mage, than learn Arcane or Frost. I will Miss Skorpyron, and the last trashpack before Spellblade, in ToS.
    I reluctantly played frost for NH because fire was so much worse for most fights in mythic. Mix in the fact I didn't get the bracers until very recently fire was really shitty compared to other specs. Great for 2 fights, but both you are sandbagging numbers on trash, the rest for most of the raid frost was just too good to pass up. It is normal though fire is usually pretty lack luster for large parts of expansions until the tail end when stats are out of control.

You can literally learn frost in 1 day, it is REALLY simple, especially now with double IL gone. Also it is not very legendary dependent at all, you can do fine with mediocre leggos like sephuz or belovirs.

Aye, I hate how they treat Fire. I enjoy it a lot, compared to Arcane (last played in Cata, due to having to heal for the guild in MoP) and frost is good DPS.... but always put me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    You can literally learn frost in 1 day, it is REALLY simple, especially now with double IL gone. Also it is not very legendary dependent at all, you can do fine with mediocre leggos like sephuz or belovirs.
    you seem to miss the whole hey play what you enjoy because we will not nerf one spec over another. Personaly i LOVE fire, and thats what i want to play. The entire deal is that mages as a whole are in a cluster state, and with the raid opening in a week there WILL NOT BE any buffs for a wile.

Deleted
    Aye, I hate how they treat Fire. I enjoy it a lot, compared to Arcane (last played in Cata, due to having to heal for the guild in MoP) and frost is good DPS.... but always put me to sleep.
    well to be fair, if frost puts you to sleep then fire should function as if you had narcolepsy coz arguably its even more faceroll in terms of rotation and how many buttons you need to press.

- - - Updated - - -

you seem to miss the whole hey play what you enjoy because we will not nerf one spec over another. Personaly i LOVE fire, and thats what i want to play. The entire deal is that mages as a whole are in a cluster state, and with the raid opening in a week there WILL NOT BE any buffs for a wile.
    well, fire is technically fine if there were actually fights that would make use of its niche, prooblem is that there arent any or atleast very few, a lot of the encounters seem to have been designed for frost mages in mind.

you seem to miss the whole hey play what you enjoy because we will not nerf one spec over another.
    I didn't "miss" that because it had nothing to do what i was telling him. He said he likes fire, but hasn't even tried the other specs to see if he would like them.

I've played all 3 specs, and personally i love fire the most too, but i also like doing damage. Fire went from a great spec in EN to dumpster-tier in ToV and NH, so you should have realized 6 months ago that that quote from blizzard is meaningless.