Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Dreadlord Cuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Finland (North of Darnassus)
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    They've also proven for years that they don't listen to the "community" on almost everything, like PTR, nerfs/buffs, or anything else you can name. Except when it happens to suit their model and business plan.
    *
    Quote for the truth.
    I'm still curious who the fuck plays their PTR when 90% of the constructive critic is just plain ignored.
    Stop playing PTR goddamnit let them do their own goddamn work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    They've also proven for years that they don't listen to the "community" on almost everything, like PTR, nerfs/buffs, or anything else you can name. Except when it happens to suit their model and business plan.
    *
    Quote for the truth.
    I'm still curious who the fuck plays their PTR when 90% of the constructive critic is just plain ignored.
    Stop playing PTR goddamnit let them do their own goddamn work.
    And yes, there is no community whatsoever, just a nice word to throw around to make people feel special, like you're a part of something bigger. We'll, you aren't. We are all just a large group of idiots handing money every month to shareholders for something we used to love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,087
    Well there you go, Eapoe and 'Nerd. When you see that you're the only 2 here that have this notion, "You were simply offered an OPTION for convenience." "It's not Blizzard's fault.", maybe you should put down the Blizz pipe and reassess your position.

    Simply talking to people alone does not make up a community in a MMO. It's the way Blizz has funneled people into a single-player, "loner" type game style, on top of making so many things miserable or monotonous to do, even when grouped, which makes the overall experience in WoW far different than it used to be. When I want a SP RPG for example, I play Skyrim, which BTW is a much better game at that than WoW.

    Here's another example of where WoW is today:

    I stopped my WoW time two months back. No leaving post or anything. I bought 30 days today to do the Diablo Event, and after posting in another thread, figured I'll make a thread to see how many people agree with my sentiments.

    I am tired of playing World of Warcraft in the manner Blizzard has decided I have to play World of Warcraft.

    I am tired of Blizzard Forcing me to PvP for Non-PvP Content such as Transmogs, Events, or PvE Quests such as Crafting.
    I am tired of Blizzard Forcing me to PvE for PvP content, such as farming Artifact Power for an Artifact Weapon. (Yes, you can get AP from PvP, but its slower than from PvE)
    I am tired of every expansion, 'Re-Inventing,' the Classes, changing them drastically, making them into something completely different.
    I am tired of Blizzard removing old iconic spells that not only felt like a core part of the Class, but also added a nice community-building aspect to the class's gameplay, such as with Buffs.
    I am tired of Flight being gated behind achievements which include Reputation Grinds, Raid Completion, and Time Gates.
    I am tired of being forced into a faction based upon my selection of Race.
    I am tired of being forced into a race based upon my selection of Class.
    I am tired of RNG's ever increasing implementation into every aspect of Gameplay.
    I am tired of Cross-Realm-Zones interfering in Gameplay and causing massive Lag catastrophes such as Dalaran.
    I am tired of Mythics being required content for Quests. (Court of Stars, Arcway, etc...)

    In a nutshell, I am just tired of this fruitless fight. I'm downright exhausted. What was once a fun game is no longer fun. In Vanilla, or BC, or Wrath, or even Cataclysm, I would log on and happily ponder what I -wanted- to do. Do I want to work on Loremaster? Do I want to work on crafting? Do I want to do some PvP? Do I want to just relax and increase my fishing? Do I want to just observe beautiful zones from atop a flying mount?

    That's not there anymore. I have to play the game the way Blizzard wants me to play it, and I'm tired of arguing. I'm NOT going to play the game the way Blizzard wants me to. As they won't let me play the way I want, I have no intention of continuing an active subscription or doing more than popping in a month at a time once or twice a year.

    So "community"...my ass. They were told countless times in countless ways for years by the community that they once had, but took it for granted and exploited it for their own gains. They were also quite arrogant and dishonest along the way.

    Let the greed-meisters at Blizz keep begging in vain. Fuck them.


    “We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” - William Casey, CIA Director (1981)

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire Peskre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    499
    Is it an invitation to the wow pvp funeral?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Well there you go, Eapoe and 'Nerd. When you see that you're the only 2 here that have this notion, "You were simply offered an OPTION for convenience." "It's not Blizzard's fault.", maybe you should put down the Blizz pipe and reassess your position.

    Simply talking to people alone does not make up a community in a MMO. It's the way Blizz has funneled people into a single-player, "loner" type game style, on top of making so many things miserable or monotonous to do, even when grouped, which makes the overall experience in WoW far different than it used to be. When I want a SP RPG for example, I play Skyrim, which BTW is a much better game at that than WoW.

    Here's another example of where WoW is today:




    So "community"...my ass. They were told countless times in countless ways for years by the community that they once had, but took it for granted and exploited it for their own gains. They were also quite arrogant and dishonest along the way.

    Let the greed-meisters at Blizz keep begging in vain. Fuck them.
    Blizzard have not "funneled" people.
    There were two open gates, and they made their own decisions.
    What you describe is the removal of the choice.
    All these reasons which keep being iterated as simply being the reason you made your decision are simply lies when they don't apply universally.

    Blizzard are giving tools you decide how to use.
    Fact.
    You make your own decisions in how to use them.

    Just a load of excuses and claims about controlling factors which seem to apply to only some players for no apparent reason.
    You can't tell me why those factors you claim remove your choice do not do so for others.
    Because they don't exist.

    Why do those rules, those conditions, those restrictions apply to you but not to me.
    Why am I not being constrained, restricted, in the same way.
    Because they are lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard have not "funneled" people.
    There were two open gates, and they made their own decisions.

    Blizzard are giving tools you decide how to use.

    Just a load of excuses and claims about controlling factors which seem to apply to only some players for no apparent reason.
    Right.

    Here's more news from Blizz and their boot-licking acolytes: water is not wet. The sun doesn't rise in the east. And there's no such thing as death n' taxes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Is it an invitation to the wow pvp funeral?
    That funeral already happened a couple of seasons ago. Now they're just trying to rez the dead.


    “We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” - William Casey, CIA Director (1981)

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Right.

    More news from Blizz and their boot-licking, braindead acolytes: water is not wet. The sun doesn't rise in the east. And there's no such thing as death n' taxes.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That funeral already happened a couple of seasons ago. Now they're just trying to rez the dead.
    So another fanboy accusation.
    Not surprising from someone with no argument.
    I asked you a simple question, why are those apparent factors applying only to people whom it suits you to have them applied to.
    You refuse to answer that.

    And constant refusal means only one thing.
    You are lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,087
    "The dog ate my homework!" That would be lying. Kind of like what the two of you have been doing in this thread.

    OTOH, everyone else seems to see the writing on the wall. Really 'Nerd, you should take your DJ act to the Blizz official forums where you might find a more receptive crowd. And don't forget to bring that broken album with you...


    “We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” - William Casey, CIA Director (1981)

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    "The dog ate my homework!" That would be lying. Kind of like what the two of you have been doing in this thread.

    OTOH, everyone else seems to see the writing on the wall. Really 'Nerd, you should take your DJ act to the Blizz official forums where you might find a more receptive crowd. And don't forget to bring that broken album with you...
    Making a claim about some influence which only appears to act on some people, and you can give no reason why.
    That is also lying.
    You keep refusing to explain that, because you cannot explain something which does not exist.

    At least I backed up my statement.
    You just keep launching into more fanboy statements, time and time again.

    Simple question.
    Someone so sure of their position could easily answer that instead of evading it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-19 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  9. #49
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You keep refusing to explain that, because you cannot explain something which does not exist.

    Simple question.
    Someone so sure of their position could easily answer that instead of evading it.
    What doesn't exist is the PvP community that Blizzard has destroyed, and is now begging those few left to somehow resurrect it for them atop their failed design. That takes an incredible level of unmitigated hubris, blind stupidity, or both.

    You can try to deny that too but if you do, everyone knows you'd be as crazy as a shithouse rat.

    Nothing left to say here, 'Nerd. C'ya.


    “We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” - William Casey, CIA Director (1981)

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    What doesn't exist is the PvP community that Blizzard has destroyed, and is now begging those few left to somehow resurrect it for them atop their failed design. That takes an incredible level of unmitigated hubris, blind stupidity, or both.

    You can try to deny that too but if you do, everyone knows you'd be as crazy as a shithouse rat.

    Nothing left to say here, 'Nerd. C'ya.
    Blizzard didn't destroy it.
    You repeatedly argued that somehow blizzard took away your ability to make your own choice, when other people managed to still make their own and different from yours.
    You kept claiming that while refusing to explain HOW or WHY that could happen.
    I am not the one in denial.

    Accusing me repeatedly of being some fanboy, some paid-shill, and now apparently crazy.
    If your best is to launch insult after insult then it isn't me who has lost.

    Blizzard are openly trying to encourage something good, and stupid people have to still bash them for it, because this shows the real problem, the players are what makes community and it was them who destroyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •