Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    I'm shocked they sell at all. They're shit legendaries and you practically get two real ones for free once you hit 110
    Wait, what? What do you mean, "two real ones for free once you hit 110"?

  2. #42
    Right now on a lot of realms fishing is a pretty profitable profession simply because Lavish Suramar Feasts are a hot market and people with low bloods will just buy the fish off the AH rather than go out and fish them up themselves.

  3. #43
    Ride that up market train for now until slow guilds figure out that crafting them themselves is better. The price on those Lavish have been upwards of 2k to 800g on my server in the space of a week.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Wait, what? What do you mean, "two real ones for free once you hit 110"?
    That they come by rather quickly, if you do a lot of content.
    Hook 'till you're hooked!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Wait, what? What do you mean, "two real ones for free once you hit 110"?
    When you hit 110, you are eligible to start getting legendaries from max level content like emissaries, Legionfall caches, raid bosses, etc. Your chance to get a legendary is substantially higher for the first two you get, than for every legendary past that. So in essence, the first two are free because it doesn't take much work to get them.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    When you hit 110, you are eligible to start getting legendaries from max level content like emissaries, Legionfall caches, raid bosses, etc. Your chance to get a legendary is substantially higher for the first two you get, than for every legendary past that. So in essence, the first two are free because it doesn't take much work to get them.
    Oh. As someone who runs a lot of alts (just got my 10th 110 yesterday), I don't get enough time to really get them that fast. I thought maybe my DH would have some free quick legendaries, but it's gonna be the same stuff for them that it was for the others.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Oh. As someone who runs a lot of alts (just got my 10th 110 yesterday), I don't get enough time to really get them that fast. I thought maybe my DH would have some free quick legendaries, but it's gonna be the same stuff for them that it was for the others.
    They are free and quick, you just have actually *do* things on them.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    They are free and quick, you just have actually *do* things on them.
    So.. not free then? Free would be if they handed them to you, if you have to work for them, then by definition they aren't free.

    They are however quicker than when you've obtained two for that spec. Quick however is relative. You can be lvl 110 for days without getting a single one, while another one gets his first on his first Emisarry cache. My DK alt got his first two in the first LFR wing and 3rd LFR wing he did the first week. While a friend of mine have gone two weeks with a decent amount of m+, all LFR and even done some ToS normal (as he is now 880 ilvl without a legendary).
    Hook 'till you're hooked!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No, the AH is region wide as well. That was implemented the same time tokens went region wide.
    This guy's an idiot.



    I've made upwards around 2 million selling obliterum since 7.2.5 with very little work. Crafting Alchemy trinkets and obliterum usually nets 100% profit on my server. You can also make binding to ring enchants and obliterate them as well if you're an enchanter, for nearly the same profit margin.
    For leatherworking/blacksmithing/tailoring, there are certain crafted pieces that sell very well (200%+ profit), and then you can make crafted legendaries that usually sell for 150-200% profit.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So.. not free then? Free would be if they handed them to you, if you have to work for them, then by definition they aren't free.

    They are however quicker than when you've obtained two for that spec. Quick however is relative. You can be lvl 110 for days without getting a single one, while another one gets his first on his first Emisarry cache. My DK alt got his first two in the first LFR wing and 3rd LFR wing he did the first week. While a friend of mine have gone two weeks with a decent amount of m+, all LFR and even done some ToS normal (as he is now 880 ilvl without a legendary).
    Use all the semantics all you want. You get them just for showing up and doing a couple of bit things. For all intents and purposes they're free. Go ahead and be forum warrior though.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Use all the semantics all you want. You get them just for showing up and doing a couple of bit things. For all intents and purposes they're free. Go ahead and be forum warrior though.
    Wow, calm down. No need with name calling. All I'm saying is that calling them free might be confusing, like @Meiluy who thought he could log in and recieve them.
    They sure take little work (unless you're my friend who have the worst luck ever) to obtain though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    This guy's an idiot.



    I've made upwards around 2 million selling obliterum since 7.2.5 with very little work. Crafting Alchemy trinkets and obliterum usually nets 100% profit on my server. You can also make binding to ring enchants and obliterate them as well if you're an enchanter, for nearly the same profit margin.
    For leatherworking/blacksmithing/tailoring, there are certain crafted pieces that sell very well (200%+ profit), and then you can make crafted legendaries that usually sell for 150-200% profit.
    Yeah, Obliterum is a killer in profit. Personally I craft healing potions, but that is a lot of work. Haven't thought about trinkets though, I have to check in on how much profit that makes for me.

    (Damn, trinket is too expensive to craft on my server to make any huge profit. 2.4k crafting cost with BoS included as 200g per, while Obliterum cost 1.7k. So that would be about zero profit in the end unless I get some lucky rank 3 procs)
    Last edited by Feederino Senpai; 2017-07-10 at 09:53 AM.
    Hook 'till you're hooked!

  12. #52
    I made about 30k gold by making 2 necks and i spend about 5k for the material on AH (not all material tbh i missed a couple gems). I also sell rings from JC and i see people buying BS/LW gear aswell , so i guess crafts are the "gathering prof" of 7.2.5

  13. #53
    Why should it be profession?
    1. Do the 2 follower gold missions that spawn per day ~4500g(hint - use the phone app)
    2. The emissary chest may give ~ 900g
    3. Do all gold WQs with combat ally equipped with gold per WQ complete ~ 1500 to 3000g(or more if u are lucky with some nice legendary gear).

    Loot everything you kill and vendor it while doing the former 2 ~ 200g.
    Roughly you can make around 10k hard gold per day per char just by doing the daily cores. And if you use bloodhunter shoulder enchant - use the blood for crafting mats(herbs or fish) and sell them or use them to craft and sell on AH. It is really really easy to make gold this expansion... I could even argue its better than what WoD offered.
    "What if I fail?" I asked myself... "What if I succeed?" I answered myself

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Why should it be profession?
    1. Do the 2 follower gold missions that spawn per day ~4500g(hint - use the phone app)
    2. The emissary chest may give ~ 900g
    3. Do all gold WQs with combat ally equipped with gold per WQ complete ~ 1500 to 3000g(or more if u are lucky with some nice legendary gear).

    Loot everything you kill and vendor it while doing the former 2 ~ 200g.
    Roughly you can make around 10k hard gold per day per char just by doing the daily cores. And if you use bloodhunter shoulder enchant - use the blood for crafting mats(herbs or fish) and sell them or use them to craft and sell on AH. It is really really easy to make gold this expansion... I could even argue its better than what WoD offered.
    All that takes a bunch of time though (except nr 1).

    What I do daily:
    1. log on my tailoring alt, that is in his Garrison, craft the Hexweave daily - end up making bags. Sells for about 3k each.
    2. Stock up on crafted gear (the ones that you can upgrade with Obliterum), I try to atleast have 1 of each kind (all the different stat combos) on AH at all time. Got BS, LW and Tailoring for this. (I hardly have to craft every day, got hundreds of crafted epics on my bank toon ready to sell.)
    3. Check Obliterum crafting prices, if it's profit in crafting it (got a spreadsheet that calculates crafting prices vs oblit prices) I do some extra work. I usually always have between 10-20 Obliterums on my Bank toon. I mostly use Enchanting/JC/Alch for this.
    4. All the daily stuff on my main, WQs (not more than needed for Emissary), raids etc.
    5. If there are Bacon WQs up, I do it on all my toons, quick 2-3k gold on each toon for killing one mob. Also got one toon with Herbing/Mining, I do Felwort and Brimstone quests when they are up, but rarely bother to actually farm my self.


    Nr. 1 and 2 takes about 5 minutes with logging in and out, and that is what I usually end up doing every day. Then nr. 3 really depends, sometimes I am lucky and get shit loads of materials I can turn intro Obliterum, so it can be all from 5 minutes to 2 hours of work. Nr.4 is quick, same with nr. 5.
    And I log in about twice a day to check if people have undercut me, and relist everything. Goes by rather quickly with TSM set up properly.

    Wouldn't say I am very good at playing the AH, but I do earn some gold every week. Could most likely push it to earn enough for playtime, but not bothered to do it really. Comfortable sitting at 500k gold atm (+ about 4-500k on AH in items), not really sure what to spend it on so it just sits there. Perhaps I level up a new toon and deck him in full Oblit gear or something. Or make a 101 twink.. Who knows.
    Last edited by Feederino Senpai; 2017-07-10 at 03:01 PM.
    Hook 'till you're hooked!

  15. #55
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,227
    I made a good amount of gold as Engi recently. By using the Engi shoulder enchant to get the Fel Glass and then using those to make the engi helmet and then obliterating those to get around 600 ash per obliterate.

    100 ash = 1 obliterum = 1.5kg, so 1 helmet was giving me around 6kg on AH.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I made a good amount of gold as Engi recently. By using the Engi shoulder enchant to get the Fel Glass and then using those to make the engi helmet and then obliterating those to get around 600 ash per obliterate.

    100 ash = 1 obliterum = 1.5kg, so 1 helmet was giving me around 6kg on AH.
    Also, Sky Golems is a nice way to get some gold once every month.
    Hook 'till you're hooked!

  17. #57
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I made a good amount of gold as Engi recently. By using the Engi shoulder enchant to get the Fel Glass and then using those to make the engi helmet and then obliterating those to get around 600 ash per obliterate.

    100 ash = 1 obliterum = 1.5kg, so 1 helmet was giving me around 6kg on AH.
    Really? Did not know you could obliterate those now "outdated" helms, I swapped out boon of the builder so I missed out I guess :P

    Sitting on a ton of Brimstone/Felslate/Felwort anyways (4 miners/herbalists)

    Don't know if its better Ash Generation then Alchemist stones however (Engi/Alch on same character)

    I can make 6 goggles atm, but 100+ Infernal Alch stones (rank 3)

    Would use Obliterum on Alts, so it's not about money making.

    Just made 30 Infernal stones and got 40 out of them.

    Also doesn't cost 100 Felslate/20 Brimstones per 500ish ash.

    The thing with Felwort vs Brimstone is, getting a bunch of Felwort seeds can keep proccing more Felwort seeds, while Brimstone truly is limited to a fairly static amount.

    Infernal Alchemist stones do Cost bloods however, as a trade-off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Also, Sky Golems is a nice way to get some gold once every month.
    True, if I keep reminding myself to do the craft each day :P
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-22 at 06:44 PM.

  18. #58
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Really? Did not know you could obliterate those now "outdated" helms, I swapped out boon of the builder so I missed out I guess :P

    Sitting on a ton of Brimstone/Felslate/Felwort anyways (4 miners/herbalists)

    Don't know if its better Ash Generation then Alchemist stones however (Engi/Alch on same character)

    I can make 6 goggles atm, but 100+ Infernal Alch stones (rank 3)

    Would use Obliterum on Alts, so it's not about money making.

    Just made 30 Infernal stones and got 40 out of them.

    Also doesn't cost 100 Felslate/20 Brimstones per 500ish ash.

    The thing with Felwort vs Brimstone is, getting a bunch of Felwort seeds can keep proccing more Felwort seeds, while Brimstone truly is limited to a fairly static amount.

    Infernal Alchemist stones do Cost bloods however, as a trade-off.

    - - - Updated - - -



    True, if I keep reminding myself to do the craft each day :P
    Meh, as an Engi I have no real use for Brimstones other than those helmets.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  19. #59
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Meh, as an Engi I have no real use for Brimstones other than those helmets.
    Of course it's a nice way to dump pure brimstone and ores.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •