Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Ele is a lot of fun and is pretty good in M+ and heroic raids. Just be warned if your guild ever goes Mythic you will probably be benched.
    I can assure you we wil never ever go mythic we just killed guldan on hc last wed.

But as i read here, people are torn between ele, but i can see you all agree its fun, just not a powerhouse in dps. And thats fine with me. Still abit torn between the two classes. Do you guys think Hunters wil be changed alot in the next xpac, as i dont think many classes wil after legion (most where good changes) but hunter is just so.. mehh it seems, not really anything special about them.

Deleted
    Id look into balance druid if it was me that was rerolling and couldnt decide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Dont forget to mention that Ele shammy has the worst T20 set of all the classes in the entire game, its uninspired boring and straight up bad.
    People really need to get a grip. Having multiple fire ele's up is a lot more fun than a 10% increase to an ability. That's uninspired.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The issue with Ele is that it's like playing with 75-sided dice. The class excels when you have OP legendaries that aren't nerfed yet (gloves), or when multiple procs align. If multiple procs don't align, you're hanging out behind the curve in terms of damage done. I think other classes are more consistent in damage done, and many have more control over their damage.

As a Rogue, you've probably played with Roll The Bones. Imagine if they made that passive and split the buffs up so that certain ones proc off of one set of attacks, and others proc from a different set of attacks. Then turn your AoE into a short DoT. Then consider the advantages and disadvantages of Melee vs Ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    I can assure you we wil never ever go mythic we just killed guldan on hc last wed.

But as i read here, people are torn between ele, but i can see you all agree its fun, just not a powerhouse in dps. And thats fine with me. Still abit torn between the two classes. Do you guys think Hunters wil be changed alot in the next xpac, as i dont think many classes wil after legion (most where good changes) but hunter is just so.. mehh it seems, not really anything special about them.
    Oh absolutely, ele is one of the most fun specs in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    The class excels when you have OP legendaries that aren't nerfed yet (gloves), or when multiple procs align.
    Gloves have been nerfed.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Gloves have been nerfed.
    Change takes place Tuesday on the US. They'll still be good, but that's another discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Change takes place Tuesday on the US. They'll still be good, but that's another discussion.
    Oh boy, the amount of RNG in this spec right now is not okay. And then Blizzard decides to add more??? just lol
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    People really need to get a grip. Having multiple fire ele's up is a lot more fun than a 10% increase to an ability. That's uninspired.
    You wont. Maybe educate yourselves more before spreading such bullshit around.

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    Is there something inherently wrong with the spec that makes it bad for mythics? Or is it just tuning?
    There are ranged specs that are in a better place, but then there are some that are much worse.

Hahhhahh yeah indeed, thanks for a good laugh. LOL having more fire elementals up at one time, hahahah have you even looked up elemental at all lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    There are ranged specs that are in a better place, but then there are some that are much worse.

Would you be so kind to state which ranged specs are worse off than elemental in Tomb, and how come they're worse off? I'll be waiting in excitement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You wont. Maybe educate yourselves more before spreading such bullshit around.
    I only smoke the dankest of kush
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Play around with both for a bit to see what you find fun, nobody else can tell you what you'll enjoy.
    From a usefulness point of view, at the level your guild is at you'll be competitive whatever you play, skill's a far more defining factor. Shaman allows you to heal if you're short one night or want a quick queue for something, and brings BL.