MicroCenter Ryuzen + MOBO Sale - Make a Build

Hello. Micro Center is having a sale this week that ends tomorrow for AMD Ryuzen chips + mother board bundles. I am considering purchasing a new PC so I would like to know of any builds you can come up with with this deal in mind.

Link to MicroCenter deals: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...2#/4d0c2122/33

Budget: ~$1000, give or take $200. I would prefer to spend in the $800s if the PC is medium-tier, and under $1300 only if it is really really good. I don't want to have to rebuild for two or three years.

Resolution: 1080p and 1920x1080.

Games / Settings Desired: I play mainly simple games on Steam. In the future I would like to play games like League of Legends, Grand Theft Auto 5, Witcher 3, and Overwatch on very good settings with 60+ FPS. I do NOT want to have to overclock, unless it significantly reduces the price.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): I write programs sometimes, but it isn't a huge consideration.

Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS?: No.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: No.

Note that I am only interested in a PC if this Micro Center deal is worth it. If it is not, then I will wait, so please evaluate if the CPU + mother board bundle is even worth it in the first place.

Thank you,
    Pacific

Hmmmm?! I've been doing research lately and I need a card. I think Ryzens match i5s and that may be good enough at that sale price and mother board. But the sale ends today so I'd have to rush over to Micro Center and pick it up....but I don't know which Processor and Mother Board to get. My needs are a little different too, I'd want to be able to record videos.

Hmmmm. *checks prices*

Microcenter deals are recommended a lot in here and they seem to always have some bundle deals going on for CPU and Mobo as long as you live close enough to a store.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish we had a Microcenter up here. Holy shit. The best brick and mortar store for PC components is Staples.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I really like the 1600 since it comes with the fan, but it seems weak. And overclocking with a stock fan, or at all, is a bit ehhhh. I like my stuff to run out of the box.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I really like the 1600 since it comes with the fan, but it seems weak. And overclocking with a stock fan, or at all, is a bit ehhhh. I like my stuff to run out of the box.
    Depending on your motherboard you can OC by the multiplier easily to 3.8 without fooling with anything else. Higher than that and you will need to mess with settings.

Stock cooler is actually pretty good, I have a 1400 OC in a office machine to 3.8 just by the multiplier and it never tops 55C