Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Dear Erisique,

This is not your blog, this may come as a suprise, but you dont have to do dungeons to get a high ilvl, i have friends who are mythic raiders but havent even done some of the dungeons in legion like kharazhan. I also know people who are 900 from pvp gear, and are doing dungeons for balance of power but know nothing about the dungeons

Felplague

P.S. nor is MMOchamp a mailbox to your sweet beloved
    Dear Felplague,

I usually like your responses to people....

He's posted a general topic about a general related topic ending with questions asking for other peoples opinion, this is the very foundation of what forums are built upon. Just because he formatted it different to the usual format doesn't mean he deserves to be shat on,

Please think before you type and try not to be a complete cunt because you don't like how someone has worded or formatted a topic, I want your usual self back

Kind Regards

Rotted, Lurker of the Forums, Guildmaster of a 1 Member guild, Supreme Overlord of all things Beer,

On topic -

I've come across my fair share of players like this, it's usually because, as other's have said you can really out gear the pace now. My latest alt went from 780 to 810 to 850 in a few nights (prior to 7.2) then shot to 895 within two nights of 7.2 playing. The counter side of that though, it's alts most people should have a basic understanding of dungeons and their classes so I'd wager it's more so to do with their attitudes and considering everything a steam roll so they have a ' I don't care ' attitude

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is more of because of how it is formatted. And it just plays off as another "gamesux year too easy to get. No other expansion was this easy to get gear"
    no one made you arbiter of the forums, in fact it even has a mod system that can shut down threads they feel are pointless or break the rules. So we dont need your expert opinion on every matter, kthanks

Ilvl doesnt mean much unless its near the very top, can assume anyone that is 916ilvl-920ilvl they are probably familiar with the game. Anything under 910ilvl doesnt mean much with WF/TF
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-06-18 at 10:50 PM.

Dear Erisique,

This is not your blog, this may come as a suprise

P.S. nor is MMOchamp a mailbox to your sweet beloved
    Why must you insist on being rude in every post, FelPlague? You don't have to answer the OP at all.

OP, you can get pretty high geared from doing non-Dungeon things. Hell some of my alts (like my Paladin and DH) have hit over 880 iLvl and haven't set foot in a raid, and have only done a few dungeons. Nethershards can get you to 850 very quick and even 890+ with some patience. Even WQs get you to 860+ and with some WF/TF, you can hit pretty high up there.

Try not to sweat it when people are dumb (unless you're in a rush, in which case, maybe not the best idea to run a dungeon then). Stick to premade groups if it bothers you that much, otherwise, not much you can do about dungeons below Mythic +2. Once you hit Keystone stuff, it's expected that everyone knows the layout of the dungeon.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Dear Felplague,

I usually like your responses to people....

He's posted a general topic about a general related topic ending with questions asking for other peoples opinion, this is the very foundation of what forums are built upon. Just because he formatted it different to the usual format doesn't mean he deserves to be shat on,

Please think before you type and try not to be a complete cunt because you don't like how someone has worded or formatted a topic, I want your usual self back

Kind Regards

Rotted, Lurker of the Forums, Guildmaster of a 1 Member guild, Supreme Overlord of all things Beer,

On topic -

I've come across my fair share of players like this, it's usually because, as other's have said you can really out gear the pace now. My latest alt went from 780 to 810 to 850 in a few nights (prior to 7.2) then shot to 895 within two nights of 7.2 playing. The counter side of that though, it's alts most people should have a basic understanding of dungeons and their classes so I'd wager it's more so to do with their attitudes and considering everything a steam roll so they have a ' I don't care ' attitude
    i think i worded mine wrong
    it was a joke at how he worded it like we were his lovers he was sending a letter too
    i also adressed that there are many people who are high ILVL who do not know dungeons because of a few reasons
    1. catch up mechanics make it easier to gear up for raid without having to do dungeons, other then the ones to get your third relic slot, you could be a mythic raider and have only done like 3 dungeons
    2. that pvp exists, and some people gear through it, to then do dungeons for the first time
    3. it has been 3? i think months since nighthold launch, i do know some people will bad memories, who raid pretty high content, they could possibly get high ilvl, quit, then come back for ToS and forget what the fuck some of these dungeons are about
    4. yeah i worded it badly, i was tired and to me it looked like another "Game sux, too easy to gear" push for the usual "X expansion is better, Y expansion ruined the game"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Why must you insist on being rude in every post, FelPlague? You don't have to answer the OP at all.

OP, you can get pretty high geared from doing non-Dungeon things. Hell some of my alts (like my Paladin and DH) have hit over 880 iLvl and haven't set foot in a raid, and have only done a few dungeons. Nethershards can get you to 850 very quick and even 890+ with some patience. Even WQs get you to 860+ and with some WF/TF, you can hit pretty high up there.

Try not to sweat it when people are dumb (unless you're in a rush, in which case, maybe not the best idea to run a dungeon then). Stick to premade groups if it bothers you that much, otherwise, not much you can do about dungeons below Mythic +2. Once you hit Keystone stuff, it's expected that everyone knows the layout of the dungeon.
    i allmost feel like you copy/pasted the qoute on the top of this page, cause it sorta looks like you did not see my original post where i do comment you can get pretty high ilvl from pvp, and not doing dungeons with the current catch up mechanics in the game, the three lines you qoute are more of

Tired felplague at 3am seeing another "gamesux too easy, X expansion is better" thread, in a weird format
    and idk, i think over time i became alot more snarky from people calling me cancer or to kill myself, idk : / i will agree that came off too bloody cunty

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Maybe so, but the best trinkets and tier sets are through raiding.
    I don't recall saying differently. But I see you assumed it.

Just imagine players getting gear outside of mythic dungeons.... oh wait..... its a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    what you need to do is look for HP, usually someone with 4mil is concordance plus gear player, the 3.5mil is just gear and no experience or AP farm.
    910 ilvl 55 traits can get you 3.6 mil hp if you use a legendary trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is the perfeckly example why wow lost so many players - the levels of toxicity are on all time high

what blizzard should do is finally get rid of people like you who bring nothing but toxicity to the game.
    The ILVL conundrum wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so easy to get gear. 880 is like 'greens' these days, 890-895 is blues and so forth roflmao.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

ilvl is purely luck based.

My main warrior, 1.2 million single target dps having over 23 heroic clears and is 8/10 mythic, and does m+ for chest every week, all wq stuff, and 14 legendaries, has ilvl 909 eqipped (914 max if i eq all crap). My shaman, 550 k single target dps, who has 3 heroic clears , 2 legendaries and perhaps one m+ per month is 905, because he gets lucky 920 wb stuff, 910 trinkets and setpieces just thrown onto her head.

But i hope u notice the dps difference from a good char and a char that just uses gear that he gets, even if the ilvl difference is so low, the dps difference doubles by using the "right" gear and having those weapons decently leveld..

Truth be told, I'm 897 equipped and 903 bagged, and have 2 or 3 mythic+ done. I don't like the mythic+ system so I don't do it. There are other ways for me to get gear. I PuG every raid and can hand-old you and explain everything that happens in any Legion raid, but I have no idea of what dungeon bosses/trash do.

With the new .5 keystone changes I'm willing to give it another go though. Mythic+ was never friendly to PuGs before (my only source of serious PvE)

anyone under 910 these days is a scrublord, i got a 912 alt that never stepped into a mythic raid...

you can get 2 leggos, get some high relics from heroic and buy a full set of 900 gear off the AH and have no clue how to play.

anyone under 900 isnt even trying or 100% a new alt.
    Lmao sorry I'm not a neckbeard swimming in my dungeon of gold everyday to "buy 900 ilvl off the AH"

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Dear diary,

Of course, the expectation of the playerbase regarding gear levels needed for content is directly related to the average ilvl and to how hard gear is to get. Therefore, pugging M+ is cancer, because the game is full of groups like "DHT +2, 890+". While the dungeon in question might as well be done in 850 gear. If it's not so easy to get into groups, then it's not so easy to get practice. So you get people who seem "lost". Solution: demand ilvl > 910 AT ALL TIMES AND FOR EVERYTHING. 910 entails at least some content has been cleared, and even if the player in question really sucks, the gear will somewhat carry them. After next week make it 920 btw, then ramp by 5 each week. Thank me later ;*
    Sarcastic diary comment aside, this is the best answer I've seen in here.
    If a new player wants to try a mythic +, they're met with a barrage of 890+ requirements.
    The player then gears up to 890 via other means, since that's what the game told them is required for the content.
    They notice they can get it from Broken Shore, so they do so.
    So they enter their new exciting content, and you're shocked they don't know what they're doing.

anything to stop scrubs like you from getting carried.
    what a prime example of toxic level that hc and mythi raiding brings to game - those 2 should be removed imidiately to cut off toxic douchebags from game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    The ILVL conundrum wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so easy to get gear. 880 is like 'greens' these days, 890-895 is blues and so forth roflmao.
    there is no itlv conundrum - there are just idiots who think they deserve smooth runs just because they got some gear

if they want smooth runs they shoudl run with guild but guess what nobody likes dicks and douchebags even good players - and thats why 90 % of them has to pug because even in their guilds nobody wants to deal with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an ilvl 909 Monk alt that has never stepped foot into a dungeon or raid besides Normal legion dungeons (so not even Heroic).

You can thank welfare Nethershard gear and titanforge for that. I have a Dauntless piece (400 shards) that rolled up to 915, two Legendaries, and a lot of high TF gear from the Relinquished tokens. And the gear has the right stats.

Deleted
    Yeah, welfare gear is a double edged sword... I could gear up my alt with relative ease, but since everyone can get the same gear, I'm getting stonewalled when I want to do m+, because people require 900+ ilvl for even a mythic+5 nowadays, it's a joke. Hell even my main (908 ilvl, raided mythic NH with it) gets declined sometimes for +7-8 dungeons if I try to pug them.
    Last edited by mmocb0712db3e4; 2017-06-19 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    The game is focused on casual pandering, so having "high" ilvl geared people with little idea of what they're doing is common. Gear is basically donated to anyone who bothers to log in, queue to LFR/Arena/Dungeons and just wait for the titanforge to happen.

Boom: That 860 LFR item just turned in to 925.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    These people have been in the game a very long time, it being 2017 has nothing to do with it.
    Just remember how Blizz actually had to enforce the 5-man cap so people wouldn't just raid Scholo and Stratholme. Finding a quest group outside a guild was near impossible back then.

i think i worded mine wrong
    it was a joke at how he worded it like we were his lovers he was sending a letter too
    i also adressed that there are many people who are high ILVL who do not know dungeons because of a few reasons
    1. catch up mechanics make it easier to gear up for raid without having to do dungeons, other then the ones to get your third relic slot, you could be a mythic raider and have only done like 3 dungeons
    2. that pvp exists, and some people gear through it, to then do dungeons for the first time
    3. it has been 3? i think months since nighthold launch, i do know some people will bad memories, who raid pretty high content, they could possibly get high ilvl, quit, then come back for ToS and forget what the fuck some of these dungeons are about
    4. yeah i worded it badly, i was tired and to me it looked like another "Game sux, too easy to gear" push for the usual "X expansion is better, Y expansion ruined the game"

- - - Updated - - -

i allmost feel like you copy/pasted the qoute on the top of this page, cause it sorta looks like you did not see my original post where i do comment you can get pretty high ilvl from pvp, and not doing dungeons with the current catch up mechanics in the game, the three lines you qoute are more of

Tired felplague at 3am seeing another "gamesux too easy, X expansion is better" thread, in a weird format
    and idk, i think over time i became alot more snarky from people calling me cancer or to kill myself, idk : / i will agree that came off too bloody cunty
    <3 that's the felplague we love

anything to stop scrubs like you from getting carried.
    Luckily, most people don't seem to mind carrying my 12 alts through Balance of Power, so your opinion doesn't matter as much to me as you must think it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what a prime example of toxic level that hc and mythi raiding brings to game - those 2 should be removed imidiately to cut off toxic douchebags from game.
    Well, amusingly, I've gotten criticised in Normal mode EN more than I have in Heroic EN so far, despite doing nearly as many heroic runs.

Deleted
    How to look for dps.
    iLVL 910+ is okay. 915+ is preffered.
    Ach if he links cutting Edge must be done on first week of raid launch.
    Master Keystone date should start with 2016.

If you go higher than 10s and want a good time check their wowlogs, wowprogress. A dps you want to group up should have at least orange avg on heroic and mix of orange purple on mythic. If you see multiple golden ranks you hit a jackpot.
    Wowprogress should have 300+ M+, preferably quite a few +10/+15 cleared.