Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

People who don't speak English in online games

I see it all the time, get into champion select and immediately some vietnameese dude writes something in vietnameese nobody understands.

Why is this? Does it happen to you or am I the only one who has these people on their team?

EDIT: I should clarify, what I'm saying is I think it's weird to just spout French and nothing else when the entire lobby speaks English, where's the logic in that? And why would you speak Russian when you're playing on European or even American servers, it just seems so strange to me, why would you even play on European or American servers if you're not part of that region?

I just find it so strange.

I know other languages exist and I know that not everyone speaks decent or even half decent English but if you don't speak English, why say anything at all, what's the point.

It'd be like if I went into a lobby and the first thing I said was: ''Hej alle sammen, hvordan går det? Jeg glæder mig til at spille med jer'' it doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not judging those who don't speak English, in many places they don't, but to speak your own language to 4 people who have no idea what you're saying just seems silly to me.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-06-18 at 06:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    heaven forbid someone playing a game with you doesn't speak the same language such blasphemy.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    hi i no spk vry gud engrland, pls excus, ty

p sure most american speakerz dont speek english ether ya no?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

7+ Year Old Account
    me no englando solly please

nonetheless its pretty nice that you know they are vietnamese etc.

plz giv golt !

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hi (Sorry for my bad English).

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    p sure most american speakerz dont speek english ether ya no?
    No one mentioned America, and the dude's location is in Denmark

They're probably better than you so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    In a game where team play and communication is important for success, yes heaven better forbid.
    You know what else is Heaven forbid? You get your English speaking friends together to form a team.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    You know what else is Heaven forbid? You get your English speaking friends together to form a team.
    You mean that if i had friends i wouldnt have to suffer some pugs not speaking english? by the gods

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    heaven forbid someone playing a game with you doesn't speak the same language such blasphemy.
    Doesn't seem like an outlandish expectation... Especially in games like MOBAs, which have servers specific to every region. When I play League of Legends on the North American server, I don't expect to see people speaking Korean or Portuguese... But I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You mean that if i had friends i wouldnt have to suffer some pugs not speaking english? by the gods
    I mean why do you put the burden on others to speak English but not the burden on yourself to get some English speaking friends to play the game with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Does it happen to you or am I the only one who has these people on their team?
    Yep, you're the only person it happens to. Literally no one else, only you.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

If there is only english server to join its ofcourse fine they write another language, but the question is more.. why they do it because there is a very good chance none will understand it and they know it.

It's almost as if there are other countries on this planet that speak different languages.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Doesn't seem like an outlandish expectation... Especially in games like MOBAs, which have servers specific to every region. When I play League of Legends on the North American server, I don't expect to see people speaking Korean or Portuguese... But I do.
    Mexico is in North America and their native language is Spanish, plus the 15% (or so) of Americans that speak Spanish. So I'd say it is an outlandish expectation for everyone on a continent or in a region to speak the same language.
    Last edited by Lartok; 2017-06-18 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Mexico is in North America and their native language is Spanish, plus the 15% (or so) of Americans that speak Spanish. So I'd say it is an outlandish expectation for everyone on a continent or in a region to speak the same language.
    Yes, but most people in the US know at least a little Spanish... Most Mexicans know at least a little English... Most French Canadians can speak English...

Almost everyone in North American can at least communicate with each other on a basic level.

When I get a game and see fucking Hangul characters... I can't even almost read that.

Deleted
    I should clarify, what I'm saying is I think it's weird to just spout French and nothing else when the entire lobby speaks English, where's the logic in that? And why would you speak Russian when you're playing on European or even American servers, it just seems so strange to me.

I know other languages exist and I know that not everyone speaks decent or even half decent English but if you don't speak English, why say anything at all, what's the point.

It'd be like if I went into a lobby and the first thing I said was: ''Hej alle sammen, hvordan går det? Jeg glæder mig til at spille med jer'' it doesn't make any sense to me.

Deleted
    Maybe the thing they're saying you can't read is "Hi, sorry I only speak viatnamese. Does anyone speak it who can translate?" or similar