Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I like it. It's fine.

I don't understand why people want to overcomplicate things. The game is just fine. If I don't feel like playing I will just take a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    So I would like to know your opinion (hopefully with some reasoning) about the direction the devs are taking the game. You can list the parts you agree with and the parts you would change.

To make an example here is my opinion:

I'm very happy with the art and quest design and also have a very positive opinion about the story lines , which I think are improving with every expansion. With raids I feel like its kind of a mid achievement compared to previous raids. ( I regard ulduar as a reference point as being the best one so far, and maybe AQ40)

Where I think the game is taking a wrong turn is the social aspect , with the overusing of cross realm and finder tools for everything making a lot of things more anonymous and single playerish. Also I don't like how there is too much random factor , and the rewards are not that much different for doing way harder content.

So overall I enjoy the game , and I see considerable improvements in some areas , but I'm concerned about the gaming becoming more antisocial.

What is your opinion?
    Very happy. The game is in the best place its been in since TBC.

Classes are Balanced.

Raids are Amazing.

Lore is fantastic.

Game Systems are Fun.

Gearing is superb.

Quality is top notch.

Most fun i've had in an expansion since TBC.

Game mechanic wise it is what an MMO should be with plenty of things to keep grinding, and story wise I guess we are getting closer to Sargeras

Compared to WoD, sure, but I don't like how Legion has been honestly. I don't like how everything is chance based. I know that chance has always been a thing, but now it's like a chance of a chance. I can't just do a higher difficulty raid and get the item upgrade I need, I have to do it over and over in hopes that it not only drops, but drops as an upgrade. Even Nethershards, I'm collecting 5000 of these to not even guarantee that I get something useful, it's a chance to get something useful.

What was wrong with Valor/Conquest by the way? Was it really too much to let people collect a currency to eventually purchase something they actually want? PvP items sort of work that way now, but again, it's a chance. You got them every time you defeated a boss. IIRC, you would gain honor in a similar way, earning a certain amount every win/loss, but in PvP now, you only get echoes of battle (essentially honor then) by obliterating gear that you don't need. And the return is what, 1:5? And what are the chances of getting gear in the first place, and what is the chance of it being an obliteratable (gladiator) piece? Is there something wrong with having a steady flow of gear?

Story-wise, I'm really hoping it stops escalating in this bigger badder enemies way after Legion. I hope that with the end of Legion, it has some nice wrap up that lets us stop having all these moments where the Horde and Alliance are working together but for some reason they still got issues with each other. I feel like it's happened so much lately it's boring. I think I'm tired of my character being the biggest badass ever. Even though we defeated Illidan and the Lich King and such in the past, it was never really like I was treated like the fucking champion of the world before. There's always someone sort of leading the charge in terms of story. And even in-game, it's not like I'm single-handedly doing any of this shit, but I'm treated like I'm the only one. Also, I'm thinking artifact weapons were a mistake because it's going to make for a weird story now. I hope they shatter in the final fight or something cause fuck it, give us regular ass weapons again. Everyone's already transmogging out of them anyway.

Lastly (not really, I could type all day), such a huge amount of what used to be social is now "social". They say oh, there's this world boss that everyone has to group up to kill each week, which might sound like how world bosses actually used to be. Now they're just giant elite mobs with a ton of HP. Nobody is every coordinated or talks to each other while doing this shit, they just head over there, find a group, kill it, get their chance at getting a chance of loot they need and leave and do it again next week. Remember when people were actually organizing to do this stuff and it was actually difficult, and thus required people communicate? And world quests are just really spread out daily quests. At least Isle of Quel'Danas had a nice flow to it, and once you did it that day that was it. And you really didn't have to do it other than rep gains and getting a good amount of gold. I know I stopped as soon as I made enough to get my epic flying mount. Each patch just seems to add more of this stuff too, I bet you 7.3 we're going to Argus and that's just going to be another Broken Shore with some other form of Nethershard farming. As far as leveling up, people don't level up together anymore because the content is pretty mindless, but I guess it's been that way for a long time. Still, not something that I'm seeing improve. I think that the leveling experience and just how the game has been built in this expansion in general has been really punishing for alts or newer players.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-06-19 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    I voted with my wallet. Do the same and as the behaviour spreads, you might even see your views taken into consideration.

Meh.....sometimes i feel the Devs just arent trying......It seems they are just giving the customers what they want rather than being creative or innovative.

So far....Game Design: meh....
    Raids and Dungeons: better than last expansion....I liked the direction, plus the addition of M+ was a good alternative for players for endgame content.
    Lore and Storytelling...and questing: I always take the story at face value....so to me its never good nor bad....but the over all questing to me was better than last expansion.....WQ's are definitely better than dailies...so improvement there.
    Gear progression: Oh dear God...this is the absolute worst...this is what knocks the game down to "Meh" RNG legendaries, gear stats, loot drops....its RNG on top of RNG, its tolerable in Diablo.....but...THIS IS NOT DIABLO!
    Although I enjoyed Artifacts as a whole....the AP/AK progression needs a serious overhaul IF they continue it into next expansion.
    RNG in Profession was a terrible idea!....although adding more lore to my professions was fun....the RNG of it was truely the worst....cooking anyone????

In the next expansion....what we need is an acct currency...earned by just playing the game....even old content...like killing the Lich King would earn you 1 currency, but finishing a current M+might earn you 50-100. This currency could be spent on a multitude of things like; Toys, Pets, Flavor items, even Mounts, and if Blizz decides to add Player Housing or guild housing, etc......currency could be used to purchase items for said places. Currently this game has alot of....what feels like "forced" time sinks....like AP/AK and the overwhelming RNG.....so to me currency would be a more relaxed time sink.....so that the player could just play the game, and play alts....all while earning. Seems like a fun simple addition, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    To be honest, they moved away from "closed off realms" in vanilla when they introduced battle groups, I remember being in the top guild on my server (still am =D in the top guild on my server, little more impressive this time around) and goruping in a group of 10 for WSG premade and 15 for AB premade, we would wait in queue for over an hour to play the top alliance guild premade. That system was awful, while i understand the desire for inclusive communities on servers, it just doesn't work with what the game has become.

Unfortunately, with the way the raid tier system works, were stuck with this M+ system. The reason being is power creep, with 4 levels of difficulty in raids, gear needs 4 different ilvls (with some creep on previous tier with normal/LFR loot). When we have that many difficulties, you see this crazy 40+ ilvl increase each tier, when back in TBC the ilvl creep from heroics to sunwell was 40-50 ilvls for the entire expansion. Why is this a problem you ask? because the base ilvls of heroic dungeons, crafted gear, previous raid tier gear, becomes worthless very fast (hence obliterum & systems akin to it).

While i enjoy the game a good amount, i feel the spread of ilvl is inflating the game to insane proportions. The only way to really stop this would to scrap normal/heroic/mythic, and turn it into 1 difficulty where its between heroic and mythic, but a little closer to mythic in terms of DPS checks. Make the last 2-3 bosses super hard, and the first 7-10 moderate to slightly hard. Make LFR drop heroic dungeon level gear for the entire expansion, with its own sets and gear. This would allow them to make ilvl creep only 40-50 for the entire xpac, make heroic dungeons hard and rewarding again, make crafted gear far more valuable and viable for a longer period of time, keep previous raid tiers gear some what relevant, probably mainly items like trinkets (without praying for TF CoF or BTI), and make grinding out a rep reward for an epic time worth it. We also wouldnt roflmfao stomp every mob in the game 6-9 months in. I solo bosses now ffs, and "5 man elite world quests". Too much bloat, my solution is what can fix it with the current in place LFR and LFD system staying in (because there would be anarchy without them).

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, i hope you're trolling? MMORPGs (which wow is) have always focused on large group, end game content. Not single player interactions with the world, the game is at a point where its the most single player focused its ever been, in previous expansions, you needed to form "social groups" just to get some quests done, that system is totally gone. Also, there is no way, at all, that LFR is "hard" or deserves loot on par even with the current normal raid. LFR is just a system put in place to allow players who either lack skill, lack the ability to commit to raiding in a guild (a social group designed to help players over come hard group content), or simply dont want to raid normal/heroic/mythic the ability to see the bosses (in a very tuned down way) of the raid tier as they come and go.

So, in conclusion, if you dont like the "forced interaction", why are you playing WoW? play skyrim, its got a much better solo player focused style of game play. If you want better gear, pug a normal ffs... literally groups of pugs clearing current normal tiers in like 1-2 hours, if you dont want to do that, then you simply dont deserve a higher level reward.
    You can check my threads for an in-depth explanation with graphs and images that are backed by facts and reach real conclusions. Your subjective opinion doesn't trump that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I voted with my wallet. Do the same and as the behaviour spreads, you might even see your views taken into consideration.
    did you buy it or not

AT LEAST TELL US THAT

- - - Updated - - -

Great: LFR

Good but needs improvment: Mythic+

Neutral: Professions

Music: Best music since ever

Bad: World quests

Very Bad: Dungeons

Very very bad: Raids

Tremendous bad, so bad your head spins: PvP

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, to a degree the story progression is a nice idea, but in some cases it has been pissing me off. Fine to rebuild the alchemy table. But does it need to go on for soooo long? And many professions send you once more into a 5 man that you just did...either during questing or for the class hall. I can totally see how this infuriates players.

And not least...by the time I have sunk time and money and mats in something like my blacksmith quests and items - they are totally worthless. I liked it more if you could somehow still craft an item that could be BiS (like in TBC where it needed BoP reagents that dropped in a raid - but made an item that could compete with the raid drops from there
    A big part of that problem is in my opinion removal of the equipped-limit.
    If crafted gear could be produced for near every slot at raid-level standards, what would be the point of raid gear outside of tier.
    Not a lot.
    Hence it being lower to simply make going all crafted unattractive.
    IMO it should have remained only a small number able to be equipped.
    Offering a few slots able to be crafted, but to a more competitive level.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I hate to be another of those to bring up TBC, but IIRC you could only get two slots crafted. I think for my warlock (or any clothy) it was gloves (not sure) and the belt (pretty sure).

Thing is, these days MAYBE an ilv 860 epic would be interesting, but crafted are below even that and are obsolete often even during levelling if you chose the Class Hall trait where your quest rewards can proc more often as epic or rare
    It doesn't need to be crafted to a specific level perhaps, but obliterum offering a competitive upper cap.
    That would be achieved with an equipped limit on the gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Game's pretty stale, if it weren't for raids I wouldn't play.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You can check my threads for an in-depth explanation with graphs and images that are backed by facts and reach real conclusions. Your subjective opinion doesn't trump that.

- - - Updated - - -

did you buy it or not

AT LEAST TELL US THAT

- - - Updated - - -

Great: LFR

Good but needs improvment: Mythic+

Neutral: Professions

Music: Best music since ever

Bad: World quests

Very Bad: Dungeons

Very very bad: Raids

Tremendous bad, so bad your head spins: PvP
    Honestly, you think the raids are bad? and you only do LFR? Yet, you call what i said is a subjective opinion? Maybe to you, but im sorry, you just dont deserve free high level gear from LFR. I wont get into the typical debate with someone like you, who thinks they know everything about a subject they've never been a part of. The reality is, LFR isn't hard, LFR isnt a "raid" its a face roll. When i carry people in LFR (doing 30%+ of the dmg on every fight), yet these people feel that that they deserve the same reward is laughable, and the only reason i even do LFR, and the people in my guild as well, is because blizzard persuades us with runes.

I will simply never understand the casual players mindset, why feel you have to have everything that other people put in 100x your effort into the game have? If youre happy being a casual, why not enjoy what casuals earn? If you want high M+ gear, grind higher keys all day, if you want mythic raid gear, raid in a mythic guild. Its not our problem that you want to log on to an MMORPG and play for ~1 hour every other day and be 928 ilvl from some daily quests. As i said, play skyrim, because you obviously cant reach a real conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    So I would like to know your opinion (hopefully with some reasoning) about the direction the devs are taking the game. You can list the parts you agree with and the parts you would change.

To make an example here is my opinion:

I'm very happy with the art and quest design and also have a very positive opinion about the story lines , which I think are improving with every expansion. With raids I feel like its kind of a mid achievement compared to previous raids. ( I regard ulduar as a reference point as being the best one so far, and maybe AQ40)

Where I think the game is taking a wrong turn is the social aspect , with the overusing of cross realm and finder tools for everything making a lot of things more anonymous and single playerish. Also I don't like how there is too much random factor , and the rewards are not that much different for doing way harder content.

So overall I enjoy the game , and I see considerable improvements in some areas , but I'm concerned about the gaming becoming more antisocial.

What is your opinion?
    The crux of an MMORPG is the social aspect, so you may have answered your own question.

If the solo quest-lines are nice, why do you pay a monthly fee?

There are a multitude of non-social multiplayer games available, designed around single player "hero adventures". The ones I'm thinking of are Buy-To-Play BTP, not subscription.

WoW took a wrong turn, sure. Or 50, or 500. When you continue to subscribe, you agree to everything you dislike, I guess. So I'm not sure where you are going with this.