Levelling BrM. Impossible to keep ISB up?

I've just started levelling my first monk, and I've been reading about the changes to the ISB cap and whatnot. I've noticed while levelling that:

• ISB lasts 6 seconds per charge
    • You have a maximum of 3 charges
    • Cooldown is 19.2 seconds

This makes it incredibly (impossibly?) difficult to have ISB for each fight. Is this a downside of the changes, or is this just normally how it is while levelling?

When does it get to the point that I can maintain ISB 100%?

There's a talent called Black Ox Brew that refreshes it. Also, your abilities reduce the CD of brews.

your moves reduce cd on it, and i belive a bit a haste may help?

For <100 leveling you don't need constant ISB. Tanks are op for leveling, the base armor and dodge is more than enough. Just use ISB when you plan to do big pulls or when you have spare charges.

But I also noticed the problem, and as the content is not challenging at all, I talented for self healing (Which we all know sucks), but Gift of the ox was huge with Gift of the Mists talented while doing RDFs. Maybe scaling is fucked up or something, but it felt pretty good. Better than trying to manage ISB with black ox brew, when your stagger never goes over 20%

Deleted
    I never cared for ISB during leveling - stuff dies too fast to bother. If in danger - just LegSweep or ExplosiveKeg it.

When you go into active mitigation checks content, you will already have the gear, talents and traits to never drop ISB anymore. Ever. Is it even possible?

Leveling Brewmaster (through the dungeon spam) was the most obnoxious thing I did in 12 years of playing WoW. Brm toolkit doesn't work on low level dungeons at all. You feel squishy, you don't do enough damage and always rely on your healer and we all know how "good" random dungeon healers are, most of them don't even have intellect as a main stat and doing dungeons in str/agi dps gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    dang good i leveld back in the good old times of guard

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    I never cared for ISB during leveling - stuff dies too fast to bother. If in danger - just LegSweep or ExplosiveKeg it.

When you go into active mitigation checks content, you will already have the gear, talents and traits to never drop ISB anymore. Ever. Is it even possible?
    Good to know. I thought that the cap to ISB was pretty controversial though, right? Wasn't the ability to drop ISB, and the timing of BoB what people were arguing about?

Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    Good to know. I thought that the cap to ISB was pretty controversial though, right? Wasn't the ability to drop ISB, and the timing of BoB what people were arguing about?
    Nobody cares about anything while leveling. You can run around without picking a single talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Nobody cares about anything while leveling. You can run around without picking a single talent.
    But you'll run faster with a level 30 talent!

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    But you'll run faster with a level 30 talent!
    Nah, just increases the chance to fall from some cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    I've just started levelling my first monk, and I've been reading about the changes to the ISB cap and whatnot. I've noticed while levelling that:

• ISB lasts 6 seconds per charge
    • You have a maximum of 3 charges
    • Cooldown is 19.2 seconds

This makes it incredibly (impossibly?) difficult to have ISB for each fight. Is this a downside of the changes, or is this just normally how it is while levelling?

When does it get to the point that I can maintain ISB 100%?
    Are you referring to boss fights or while leveling? Yes, while leveling it'll be pretty much impossible to keep ISB up 100% of the time because you don't KS/TP any where near enough to keep reducing their CD.

In a dungeon/raid fight, you should be able to keep it up 100% of the time.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    You get Potent Kick trait pretty early - +ISB uptime and also quite early Face Palm - remaining CD on ALL brews shortening. Considering this is probably not your first toon, you will have your weapon maxed immediately after 110 anyway.
    For anything that is not hitting like a myth progression truck you would be running BoC 100 talent. This again works just like Face Palm, but for Keg Smash.
    This way your ISB is longer with two main abilities (TP and KS) shortening the CD on all brews all the time.