Question Are the best possible rewards from Order Hall missions worth the hassle?

I recently resumed playing Legion and got to AK40 very quickly which at least makes AP less of an annoyance.

But my followers/companions in the Class Order Hall are rather underdeveloped, both in "quality" and in itemlvl.

I honestly do not find it fun to bother with champion gear ilvl or with constantly spamming missions every day for champion exp.

And the hardest missions i have read about on wowhead seem to award just basic stuff like AP or other forms of currency/stuff that can easily be obtained through other means...

So i wanted to ask what are the most significant and important rewards that the toughest class hall companion missions can offer?
    Do you consider it mandatory to fully develop the class hall companions so they can do the hardest missions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    So i wanted to ask what are the most significant and important rewards that the toughest class hall companion missions can offer?
    Do you consider it mandatory to fully develop the class hall companions so they can do the hardest missions?
    1. Easier access to Nethershards, War Supplies and a lot of AP. Those are the 3 Command Center mission rewards and they are well worth it for everyone, hardcores as well as casuals.
    2. Not mandatory AT ALL, but a very good bonus for everyone that does it.

And the hardest missions i have read about on wowhead seem to award just basic stuff like AP or other forms of currency/stuff that can easily be obtained through other means...
    Considering you get ~40-80 mil AP (depending on items/procs) from a 200% AP mission for just a few clicks, albeit on a delay, it's rather an efficient way to get AP. If you care about rep or the Paragon boxes, the Greater Tributes only come from rep missions of follower gear 870+ or so. Raid missions give Seals that aren't on the weekly cap, and Tomb probably has its own missions that require around or at 900. The 1500 gold bonus rewards only come in after 835 or so, and there's a greater number of them that are higher than that.

While none of this is mandatory, some of the rewards are at least nice, though not gamebreaking like Garrison ones were. If you tech into the equipment work orders, you can just initiate all 4 and come back in 2 days to collect and put on equipment as it comes in, which doesn't need a lot of babysitting. The bigger issue is getting the followers XP, but you can speed that up a ton if the follower can be a combat ally and you're willing to do world quests.

The AFK AP for alts is one of the biggest reasons I consider it useful to bother with it. And when they've gotten enough AP that I don't care as much about it anymore, the gold missions aren't uncommon enough to make me feel it was a wasted effort.

The Elite Strike ones should be somewhat important (though not mandatory) if you're still hunting down Legendaries or AP, since 2 of the 3 translate to AP tokens (Supplies & the token), and 2 of the 3 translate to Leggo chances (Shards & supplies). However, they're 900 iLvl and generally require a decent amount of decking out your champions.

There is also the chance they might add better rewards through the table in 7.3+ that might be seen as even more important, which means you'd have to slog through the entire growth from level 100 followers to iLvl 950 or whatever ones. At that point, it'd be even more infuriating.

Deleted
    Mandatory is a bit harsh of a word. It's easy to achieve because people overblow the difficulty in developing class hall companions.

It's literally set it and forget it. Each action you take is cumulative until you've reached the best of what you can do. It's like dropping a penny in a piggy bank slowly and getting a massive payout at the end but it keeps giving you that payout.

Gold, not as much as WOD but still a good chuck but ONLY if you play enough to get Order Resources.

Also keep in mind, every 2 weeks you get a mission for a raid piece. Starts at LFR level but after 8 boss kills on a higher difficulty it changes to that. So kill 8 bosses on heroic difficulty and it's a virtually free piece of gear (resource cost) at heroic ilvl, etc.

I like developing my followers so I will do so on every single alt of mine, but is it mandatory? Not really.

However just in case something happens again like "hey you need to send 3 broken shore specific missions to get your class mount ASAP and you need to be extremely lucky for them to spawn on your mission board AND don't require high ilvl followers you don't have", I'd rather be safe than sorry. Tbh, they got so much shit for this quest they nerfed the requirement from 3 missions to 1 AND added extra "no ilvl required just 110 champions" broken shore specific missions, that anyone who had few days of patience could do it post-nerfs with basic followers.

If you really hate anything mission table related with a passion, you can leave them, shouldn't really screw you over.

If you want every single Class Mount

Yes.

There are a couple Raid/PvP missions,
    gold missions that reward 600g-900g (+ 1500g if you win the bonus),
    Reputation Token for alts or Paragon,
    Some Ap tokens
    and the Broken shore 3 quests which reward, 7,5k Nethershards, 500 legionfall supplies and a large chunk of Ap.

The ap is starting to not be as good since I need billions now but it adds up. I've been focusing on rep missions alot more to get the exalted caches you get like 500 rep then 1500 of a random rep

I honestly do not find it fun to bother with champion gear ilvl or with constantly spamming missions every day for champion exp.
    Don't do it if you don't find it fun.

As others have stated, the rewards do become fairly generous for minimal effort once you do have your champions geared and leveled up. So it is certainly an efficient way to get some things.

But they're nothing you can't get elsewhere. If you really need more gold, or more AP, or more nethershards, or more rep.. you can get them in other ways that you find more fun.

Play the game for fun, not as a job.

Ya, the mission table is essentially free stuff the game hands you for walking to your order hall, or even just taking a minute and logging in on your phone. Check it once or twice a day and get free gold/AP/rep/legionfall supplies/other goodies. Takes a little time to get your followers from 760 to 850, then again to 900. At AK 40 each 200% AP mission is roughly 40m AP before the order hall trait, the CC building gives a 125m token and 500 supplies which is 5 boxes and another 80m base AP. Each 200% gold mission is around 2kg. Rep tokens are nice for alts or even a small bonus towards paragon caches. Stick some champion upgrades on a champ to follow you in the world giving gold (or resources if you don't do many WQs) and you'll always have enough for bonus rolls and missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    If you want every single Class
    The only requirement for Legionfall as far as champions are concerned is you have enough of them at 110. They knocked a lot of the Broken Shore missions to 760 iLvl, so even just the champions from finishing the primary campaign should be enough.

(And considering you have to finish your primary class campaign before the Champions of Legionfall step opens up for the Legionfall campaign, you're covered)
    Last edited by Sunaka; 2017-06-19 at 01:09 AM.

Nice replies, thank you all

Not mandatory but can be helpful, however if you are not worried about AP anymore and your gear is not an issue then it probably wont be much use, other than the occasional rep or dungeon / raid reward which can also reward a Seal of Fate as a bonus reward

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to get the gold missions and the Legionfall resources thing. The resources can add to your total faster which means more boxes to open (And more Curious Coins, if you want that turtle mount).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    After leveling all of my alts with invasions I just kinda handled their order halls with the legion app and before I knew it I had 12 maxed out order halls. I definitely waste too much time farming resources for the average person to consider doing the same as me, however the plus side is I farm enough gold with my order halls to pay for my subscription and still make a nice chunk of change on the side. But like everyone else has said, it's definitely not mandatory. Oh, and I should mention that I was making enough gold for the sub waaaaay before I had all 12 running but it really wasn't much extra effort to go from 4 to 12 after I had the system down.

Mandatory only as far as anything they gate.
    Overused word, like forced.

Attractive - arguably very much yes for some.
    2k ish gold for a mission - I'll take that.
    Gold per world quest with a combat ally, currently 125g for me but your results will vary considerably with follower equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.